My Mountain Town Terms of Service
Be aware that you agree to My Mountain Town forum Terms of Service when posting - Updated March 2014
1. Posts are moderated for personal identifiable information, spam, or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. The point is to have fun but keep the forum safe.
2. Please be aware that we may censor certain words ourselves, and do use an automatic word censoring program that users may opt out of, should they choose. Pictures containing censored words may be edited also.
3. Some posts will be merged into another new thread or moved to another part of the site by moderators if they are identical/similar topics, or go too far off topic, in order to keep site content organized. Duplicate posts may be removed by moderators.
4. Promotional urls, porn, or strong sexual content, including links to adult web sites and/or posting content that may not be suitable for younger viewers and messages describing anything against the law will be removed immediately. We encourage you to help us keep spam off the site by reporting posts to administrators.
5. For newsletters, web pages, news articles, blog posts or other copyrighted content to be inserted into posts: Fair Use Doctrine allows for copying of a minimal portion of text needed to get your point across, unless otherwise stated by the source - a reader should have to click through to read the rest to understand. Users are entirely responsible for their own posts, not MyMountainTown.com. Posting a link to the content/source is required per Copyright Law. http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html
6. You agree not to hold My Mountain Town or its members liable for anything stated within the forums. Remember when posting you are responsible for any comments made on this forum by you. A good rule of thumb is to never post anything on forums that you would not want to be read in a newspaper as once it's on the internet it's out there.
7. We do not allow 'review my site' type posts and those are considered spam except in your profile.
8. When a message is posted in a topic, you are granting permission to My Mountain Town to use it or for other posters to quote it.
9. The Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) requires that Web Sites are to obtain parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13 then you can NOT use this forum. Do NOT register if you are below the age of 13.
10. Offensive or sexual avatars and signatures may be removed or edited. Signatures with quotes from other members can be considered harassment and are subject to removal.
We reserve the right to edit and delete any content that may be disruptive to the forum and to change the TOS as needed. Otherwise have fun with it.
The privacy of our visitors to My Mountain Town is very important to us.
Registration is not necessary for the public to use this Forum. However, members must register in order to gain access to the "members only" portion of the Forums and to participate in the forums.
Please remember that any information that is disclosed on a public forum becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information on any forum.
Private Messages - Your private messages are kept secure in our database. Owners, admins, moderators, and staff do NOT view or share your private message data.
Email addresses - Any information or email addresses you provide is used to fulfill a specific request and will only be used for that purpose.