Karma Schmarma LOL

29 Aug 2014 09:02 #21 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Karma Schmarma LOL

Rick wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote: Here's what we need to do - Bug SC until she posts up who was using the Karma points. There was nothing in the announcement that promised anonymity. Post up who gave what karma to who. It'll give us fodder for multiple threads and create a spike in posting like this board has never seen.

Then Pacamom will know who to ask "Why?"

Now, I realize that's probably not going to happen (even though it is a GREAT idea), but can you imagine the sweat that just broke out on whoever was working so hard to give negative karma? :P

I'd like to see that too but I'd rather the karma thing was set up like I've seen on another site... whoever gets karma gets to see who gave it and the giver can also state a reason for it.

A stock and everything else site I frequent has what I guess would be the equivalent to karma but I find it useful. In addition to being able to ignore someone is the ability to bookmark a poster. I can go to my people marks and see every post from a particular poster since the last time I looked.

I also have the ability to click on a poster and see how many ignores and bookmarks he has. That is incredibly useful.

Say a poster that I am not familiar with posts that stock ABC is going to the moon. I just need to look at his ignores to bookmarks. If it is ignores I know he is a spammer. If there are bookmarks I know that others give credence to his stock picks.

This is a tremendous feature and actually makes me $.

It also has some utility on the political threads. Some one who's entire repertoire is "you are scum" will have a lot of ignores. When someone posts "you are scum" without a bunch of ignores I know it was just having a bad hair day. We all have them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2014 09:17 - 29 Aug 2014 10:00 #22 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Karma Schmarma LOL

Nobody that matters wrote: Well poop. That means we don't get to put a head on a pike next to the drawbridge to warn others not to be goobers in here. I didn't give out much karma because it was anonymous. When I was tempted to hit the negative karma, I usually just hit the quote button instead so I could make sure they knew who I was and why I thought their message showed an inappropriate amount of gooberosity.

Can I at least give out sarcastic "thank yous" to posts I think are dumb? Do we get to make a comment on them so I could say things like "Thanks for reinforcing the majority opinion that the internet is mostly populated by brain dead mouth breathers"?

LOL!

Here's your sarcastic thank you
:sarcasm:

Feel free to also pull out
:redcard:
:huh:
:shamebag:
:smackshead:
:stirthepot:
:throwtomato
:thumbdown:

And I'll work this weekend on adding a few more. ;)

Edit to add: all of these (except the thanks and Argh signs - I have a bunch of sign ones to add yet) are in the system. If they aren't displayed in the bbcode box above, you need only go to our Emoticon thread in the FAQ Forum to find the code that you can type in by hand or highlight, copy, and paste into your post and it will show in your post without having to upload a photo. I usually open a 2nd tab to browse the emoticons thread to find fun new ones to use so I don't have to lose my post while typing. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

29 Aug 2014 09:48 #23 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Karma Schmarma LOL

Nobody that matters wrote: I recall one thread where my obviously superior driving skills were questioned...

That would have hurt my feelings if I had any. :biggrin:

What happened to you this weekend?

File Attachment:

29 Aug 2014 09:55 #24 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Karma Schmarma LOL
I have expressed my concern (via e-mail).SC has CORRECTED the issue and I am grateful.
I am a pretty straight up person and will ALWAYS be upfront and honest (to the best of my
efforts)....I have not participated in the "karma Kode" and found it to be unnecessary when the THANK YOU
entry was available and seemed to be a way of acknowledging good. IF the hacking was a way to screw the

Karma tool I hope THAT software problem can be addressed....for me, I believe the karma tool is NOT a necessary or even desired add on.....JMO

29 Aug 2014 10:28 - 29 Aug 2014 10:35 #25 by Nobody that matters

pacamom wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote: I recall one thread where my obviously superior driving skills were questioned...

That would have hurt my feelings if I had any. :biggrin:

What happened to you this weekend?

File Attachment:

I didn't wanna embarrass y'all. Besides, the Geo Metro had a check engine light come on.

And I had a hangnail.

There was a traffic jam (that I skillfully avoided, but it was there nonetheless)

I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locus.

It wasn't my fault. I swear to god!

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

29 Aug 2014 10:41 #26 by Nobody that matters

homeagain wrote: I have expressed my concern (via e-mail).SC has CORRECTED the issue and I am grateful.
I am a pretty straight up person and will ALWAYS be upfront and honest (to the best of my
efforts)....I have not participated in the "karma Kode" and found it to be unnecessary when the THANK YOU
entry was available and seemed to be a way of acknowledging good. IF the hacking was a way to screw the

Karma tool I hope THAT software problem can be addressed....for me, I believe the karma tool is NOT a necessary or even desired add on.....JMO

I'd give you negative karma just for making me yell random words in my head while reading your post... so there.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

29 Aug 2014 11:01 #27 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Karma Schmarma LOL

Nobody that matters wrote:

homeagain wrote: I have expressed my concern (via e-mail).SC has CORRECTED the issue and I am grateful.

I'd give you negative karma just for making me yell random words in my head while reading your post... so there.

:biggrin: BACK AT YA.... :barbeque: Have a GREAT holiday weekend and keep safe. :cornontheco

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds