BACKSTORY behind your screen name

14 Dec 2014 07:48 #1 by homeagain
Couldn't find the thread( it was awhile back)....curious about MMT monikers and why they were selected?

Mine was minted because we LEFT Colorado for 4 years (started sojourn to Wasilla,AK and ended in
Conyers GA.) Got back in 2004 and was FOREVER convinced I was here to stay. Homeagain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2014 08:09 #2 by HEARTLESS
Another HEARTLESS Libertarian.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

14 Dec 2014 12:02 #3 by ScienceChic
Here it is: mymountaintown.com/forum/139-the-campfire/1277-nics ! Mine's easy! I used to do science research and will always remain a scientist at heart. Chic cuz I'm a girl who likes fashion and tries to be hip and up with the times (most of the time my kids will agree with me, but who knows how long that'll last) LOL!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

15 Dec 2014 12:42 #4 by Nobody that matters
Mine's not so much of a screen name as it is an expression of a deeply held political and philosophical belief - the basic helplessness of the individual in an ever-increasing population.

Ok, really now, it's the result of someone calling me names in a political thread a long time ago. I never bothered to change it back.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

15 Dec 2014 17:41 #5 by otisptoadwater
Once upon a time many decades ago a young Olaf Toadwater met his future bride, they got married, and a few years later on an August afternoon Otis was born. The rest as they say, is history.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

15 Dec 2014 17:54 #6 by LOL
I just like to laugh. LOL Doctor's orders!

And if I search my Nic I get a bazillion hits! I'm sooooo popular. More popular than VL! LOL

BWAHAHAHAhahahhaa

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

17 Dec 2014 20:02 #7 by ComputerBreath
When I was in 9th grade, oh, so many, many years ago--in the early '80's--a gal in my grade and in several of my classes named Linda started calling me Computer Breath.

When several of my friends asked her why, this was her reply:

You all know the computers that spew paper out of them with facts galore on the paper? Well, when you ask Computer Breath a question, her answer resembles what a computer spews in paper, except there isn't any paper coming out of her mouth...just breath. So she's got Computer Breath.

That is what I was called or in some cases it was shortened to CB by several of the people that were part of the original conversation.

I'm still blessed or cursed, whichever you wish, with spewing facts ad nauseum...partly because my memory is such that I remember stupid bits of information.

Anyone since then that has heard of my nick name (also my CB handle) has agreed with the original assessment.

19 Dec 2014 11:33 #8 by Rick
My real name is Richard but my friends call me Rick, some have called me Dick, but only once. B)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds