Hwy 285 Road Conditions

11 Jan 2019 06:26 #121 by MountainTownAlerts
People are reporting 285, 43, and 73 are snowpacked and plows are out but may not have been by in a while recently in some areas so please give yourself extra time and space between cars while driving.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jan 2019 08:24 #122 by MountainTownAlerts
From Erin Thatcher 1 min ago in 285 Traveler Group:
285N is really slippery, especially around Windy Point. Side roads are minimally plowed if at all. Haven’t seen a plow aside from top of Shadow Mountain.

Cynthia Eakins 19 mins
Husband says 285 is plowed but moving 20 mph...

JennyandPaul Stoltman
Just dropped off in Conifer, West Jeff middle school. Took extra 20 mins. Park county roads are bad. Once you hit Jeffco they are better. Be cautious as there are some unplowed areas still but Jeffco has a better handle on it. Drive safe.

11 Jan 2019 09:25 #123 by MountainTownAlerts
Matthew LaRusso 18 mins ago

Update. from Bailey to Denver. CNTY RD 43 is snow packed and icy. Real Slippery. From 43 to Pine Junction is the same. Slushy and slippery from Pine Junction to Aspen Park/ Conifer. Further down past Meyers. Snow packed / slush mix and From Richmond hill all the way to Morrison exit. Snow packed and Icy. Turkey Creek is a Mess and Windy point is very bad, This all between 7 am and 8:30 Am. Denver is just wet with lots of splash back.

www.facebook.com/groups/496426220843742/

Webcam views: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Hwy 285 at Parmalee Gulch/Turkey Creek Canyon

Hwy 285 at Windy Point

Hwy 285 in Aspen Park at Little Britches Boutique

Hwy 285 at Shaffer's Crossing

Hwy 285 in Bailey at Aspen Peak Cellars

19 Jan 2019 13:22 #124 by MountainTownAlerts

22 Jan 2019 03:38 #125 by MountainTownAlerts
People are reporting Hwy 285 is snow-packed and slippery as of early morning.

Megan Sprot 3 hrs ago in the 285 Traveler Facebook Group

Just got home from driving hwy 470 to Pine Junction.
All of 285 is snowpacked in both directions, starting to get slippy in the tire tracks, especially in corners, I was in a 4wd Subaru, going 20-25mph. Traction was not good, even worse when I tried to go slower. No salt on the road, snow plows weren't out yet. Good luck on the morning commute everyone, take it slow!

Pullen Kat 3 hrs ago

drove from Harris Park to 285 and wadsworth Roads suck stay home. There were a few spots the wind was blowing the heavy Millennium Falcon snow around I couldn't see anything at all. Once out of the canyon it's more of a very thick slush with snow covering and then over by Kipling it's just wet again

Billie Price 3 hrs ago

I just drive almost same route, but from tech center to CR-43. Slush in town, snow by 470 & 285, snow packed roads and strong blowing winds all the way to Pine. Truck stuck in northbound lane of 285, just below King’s Valley, Semi stopped on Windy Point in Southbound lane. Very slow going until about Roland Valley Rd. Took me an extra 30 minutes.

From CDOT as of 2:45am: cotrip.org/map.htm#/roadConditions
Attachments:

24 Jan 2019 09:18 #126 by MountainTownAlerts
Seeing reports that road conditions are pretty bad and to avoid traveling Hwy 285 if at all possible. White-out conditions with blowing snow.
mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Attachments:

06 Feb 2019 09:17 #128 by MountainTownAlerts
CSP_CanonCity @CSP_CanonCity 24sec ago
Heavy snow in the Park County area. If driving on Highways 285, 9, or 24 today, please use extreme caution. Please slow down and increase your following distance. We want you to arrive safely. PLease buckle up!!!

06 Feb 2019 13:01 #129 by Mountain-News-Events
Seeing reports that Hwy 285, Hwy 73, 74, and I-70 are all slick, snow-packed, and/or icy with low visibility.

mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

06 Feb 2019 16:30 #130 by MountainTownAlerts
Greg Kalkwarf 5 mins in 285 Traveler group:

2:45 to 4 pm, Richmond Hill Road to Evergreen Walmart area - 285 was wet, not even slushy 73 and 74 had snow pack but a lot of tire tracks/trail with pavement visible.

Many comments saying that the roads down in the city are far worse and up the hill is mostly fine.

CDOT Hwy 285 at the Park N Ride just after the Tiny Town exit heading southbound
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds