Breaking news: Recall Petition Filed for 3 Jeffco Board Majority Members

07 Jul 2015 15:46 #11 by Ashley
I did not realize this was a link until SC responded in another post. Thanks intheaspens.
Look forward to reading more.

intheaspens wrote: Know before you go

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jul 2015 17:05 #12 by ScienceChic
Yeah, I'm not sure why the system doesn't automatically put an underline on hyperlinks (I often add an underline myself to help clarify), but you can tell by the blue color of the text, plus when you scroll over it, the url displays in the bottom left-hand corner of the website (at least, it does on my Mac, I hope it does on PCs as well).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Jul 2015 09:09 - 09 Jul 2015 09:11 #13 by Mountain-News-Events
Jeffco petition to recall school board members gets OK to collect signatures
Push is to recall Republicans Ken Witt, Julie Williams and John Newkirk
By Yesenia Robles, The Denver Post
Posted: 07/07/2015

County officials approved the format for a petition to recall three Jefferson County Public Schools board members.

Beth Clippinger, an executive assistant in the Jefferson County clerk and recorder's office, said the office approved the petition wording Tuesday to recall Republican school board members Ken Witt, Julie Williams and John Newkirk.

Jeffco United for Action, a group involving parents that started the recall process, announced it will begin gathering signatures in a public event Wednesday.

JeffCo recall effort gets underway
Joshua Hubbard, KUSA
10:08 p.m. MDT July 8, 2015

Photo from 9News

GOLDEN - Critics of the Jefferson County school board have officially launched an effort to recall the board's conservative majority.

The group called JeffCo United for Action is behind the push, and they held a petition kickoff event Wednesday night. Signatures can start being collected Wednesday.

The group launched the recall effort in late June.

Two JeffCo School board seats are up for election in November, the group wants all five seats up for election.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

09 Jul 2015 11:10 #14 by ScienceChic
Click this link for the list of locations by day: Where Can I Go to Sign A Petition
Saturday July 11:
11am – 4pm
  • Evergreen Recreational Center 1521 Bergen Pkwy., Evergreen
  • Wolff Park 8475 W 57th Ave., Arvada
  • Westminster City Park 10455 Sheridan Blvd., Westminster
  • Kendrick Lake Park 9351 W Jewell Ave., Lakewood
  • Clement Park next to the Columbine Library 7306 W Bowles Ave., Littleton
  • Fruitdale Park 4700 Miller St., Wheat Ridge
  • Lions Park 1300 10th St., Golden

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Jul 2015 08:26 #15 by ScienceChic
Jeffco recall organizers say they expect to wrap petition drive in days
By Vic Vela, The Colorado Statesman
7/21/2015

The petition effort to oust three conservative Jefferson County school board members is going so well that organizers say they are expecting to wrap up the signature gathering process by this weekend.

Lynea Hansen, a spokeswoman for Jeffco United for Action, the group behind the recall effort, said Tuesday that the group is “over half way” to their signatures goal.

And, Hansen said, there are more than 1,000 petitions still being circulated. Petition circulators are being asked to turn in their signatures soon so organizers can start verifying names.

As part of a push for signatures this week, petition gatherers will line Wadsworth Boulevard at nine intersections from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday.

22 Jul 2015 09:38 #16 by FredHayek
Woo hoo! Let's put the unions back in charge of the school system!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Jul 2015 13:13 #17 by Mountain-News-Events
Jeffco Petitioners Collect 75,000 Signatures To Oust School Board Members
July 26, 2015

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – Frustrated parents in Jefferson County say they have gathered nearly double the number of signatures needed for a petition to recall three school board members.

In just over two weeks, 1200 parents, teachers, and community members gathered more than 75,000 signatures. They want Jeffco board majority members Ken Witt, John Newkirk, and Julie Williams off of the school board.

Once the petitions are turned into the county clerk this week, a decision is expected by early September on whether the recall will appear on the ballot.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds