Southwest Plaza Disappointment

29 Nov 2015 18:16 - 30 Nov 2015 06:21 #1 by HappyCamper
So I went to Southwest Plaza today I have not been there since the re-model and I am very disappointed.

Some of the stores I loved to go to this time of year did not come back (Hallmark and St. Nicks just to mention two).

The Mall is very pretty but with the exception of the main retailers I will have to say most of the other stores are not up my alley. I like Eddie Bauer but they had very little outdoor clothing and jeans (lots of coats) so did not buy anything there either.

Food court is just Chipotle guess we will have to wait to see if anything good goes in there next year.

My guess if you have a younger crowd to buy for you will like this mall and or if you have a much larger budget than mine.

I left disappointed and spent no money there.

Will hit Colorado Mills and maybe Park Meadows (when it is cold I do not do the outdoor malls) next weekend but glad I bought over the Internet.

We shall see what Cyber Monday brings!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Nov 2015 21:38 #2 by ScienceChic
That's a bummer. I haven't had a chance to get back in since they finished remodeling and was really hoping it would be a good kick start for that mall. Thanks for the review!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Nov 2015 13:18 #3 by Jukerado
I was chatting with a store clerk at SW Plaza many months ago and telling her why the mall was dead. She seemed a bit baffled that online stores often have no overhead, no health plan, no lease, etc.

Oh, how I remember the heyday of SWP!! 30 years ago we lived close to there, before 470 went round and Highlands Ranch was mostly a bunch of wooden sticks with orange tape. That mall was bustling every day, and at Christmas it turned into a mosh pit. The theater, the go-kart arena,... new isn't always improved. I reckon that retail era is gone for good.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds