Missing: Platte Canyon HS Student Maggie Long

06 Dec 2017 12:41 #21 by Mountain-News-Events
From Debora Yates, mom of one of Maggie Long's classmates, shared with permission:

Platte Canyon High School has cancelled the Advanced Drama class's play that was supposed to be performed this week, as they are missing a cast member. The Speech Team has cancelled all activities until after the 1st of the year, as they are short a team member. The CP Government class has withdrawn from the We The People statewide competition, as one of their team members that helped them win the district competition is missing.

#PrayingForMaggie #PrayingforPCHS

Maggie is very much missed by her classmates.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2017 08:02 #22 by Mountain-News-Events
From Jay Vonesh:
It has been a long, hard week for almost everyone in the Bailey area. Adults and students are simply worn as we hurt for news about Maggie Long. With that in mind, PCCC will be available THURSDAY for ANYONE & EVERYONE who wants a warm, loving, and peaceful place to gather with friends in this time of difficulty. The Rockworks youth center will be open right after school at 2:30pm …ANYONE & EVERYONE can come and hang out! We will also share a candle light prayer time at 7pm. Stay long or just drop in.

We have a great community and together we are stronger. Share this post as needed -Jay Vonesh

“Anyone & everyone” means -parents, teachers, students, neighbors, etc. = YOU.

*Snacks and soft drinks to share are welcome!
** Please no media or reporters.

PCCC = Platte Canyon Community Church, 4954 CR #64, Bailey.

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. -Psalm 18:2

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
The following user(s) said Thank You: CC, PineBeauty

07 Dec 2017 11:06 #24 by CanyonCourier
BREAKING: The @parkcosheriff has announced that the remains of #MaggieLong were found at her burned home in Bailey. Her death has been classified as a homicide.

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!

07 Dec 2017 11:13 #25 by CanyonCourier
The press release from the Park County Sheriff's Office

File Attachment:

File Name: PressRelea...cide.pdf
File Size:153 KB

Canyon Courier is your source for local news, sports, events, and information in Evergreen, CO, and the surrounding area.
www.canyoncourier.com
Subscribe to help support your local news!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: HighHome

07 Dec 2017 11:33 #26 by Mountain-News-Events
From Joshua Sorrows:

Crow Hill Bible Church will be open for all who want to come to pray and hangout at 2:30 today w Ben Witherell. CHBC will also have some refreshments for all who come. Also, tonight Jay Vonesh is holding a candle light vigil at 7pm PCCC Youth = TLC senior High! CHBC Youth Group CHBC #baileystrong #maggielong #pray #support

From Platte Canyon School District:

Dear Platte Canyon Families:

Today is a very difficult day for our community. The Park County Sheriff's office has recently released information bringing closure to our missing student. Maggie Long was a vibrant young student leader whose absence will be ever present. To say that she will be greatly missed is an understatement. Our heartfelt prayers are with the Long family during this difficult time.

Please be assured that our schools are prepared to support students and staff with grief counseling and grief support. We have additional crisis support staff on site. There are also grief support resources posted on our website at www.plattecanyonschools.org , click on Community or Parents in the toolbar, then click on Coping With a Loss.

We will continue to monitor and adjust our plans of support as needed. As always, I promise to keep you informed.

With Sincerity, Dr. Brenda Krage, Superintendent

07 Dec 2017 12:59 #27 by Mountain-News-Events

Announcement regarding Postponement of PCHS Basketball Games

The PCHS boys and girls basketball games against Rocky Mountain Lutheran, scheduled for tonight, have been postponed. We will let you know as soon as they are re-scheduled.

pchs.plattecanyonschools.org

Attachments:

07 Dec 2017 17:39 #28 by HappyCamper
So very sad to hear God Bless her family and friends.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mountain-News-Events

07 Dec 2017 22:43 #29 by Mountain-News-Events
From the Park County Sheriff's Office:
*Please Share*

Colorado Crisis Services provides confidential help for any mental health, substance use or emotional crisis, 24/7/365. If you don’t know where to turn, call 1-844-493-TALK (8255), text TALK to 38255 or visit www.ColoradoCrisisServices.org .

Attachments:

08 Dec 2017 08:01 #30 by MountainTownAlerts
Jackie Crea‏ @JackieCDenver7 10 hours ago
DPD confirms a #bolo has been sent statewide for a suspect in connection to Maggie Long’s death. Male in 20’s, possibly with burn marks on arms and driving a minivan. Meanwhile, people leave flowers and candles at her family’s restaurant near Bailey. @DenverChannel
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds