× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Manning Tells Broncos He's Physically & Mentally Ready to Play 2015-16

15 Feb 2015 17:41 #1 by ScienceChic
What do you think? Should he come back if he's cleared? I'm ambivalent myself.

Sources: Peyton ready, steps remain
By Chris Mortensen | ESPN
Updated: February 13, 2015

Peyton Manning reassured Denver Broncos officials, including general manager John Elway, that he is physically and mentally prepared to play at a significant level in 2015, league and team sources told ESPN.

The two sides met Thursday in Denver, and while retirement technically remains an option for Manning, it is not one he expressed to Elway and CEO Joe Ellis, sources said.

Both sides hope to have clarity on Manning's future by the middle to the end of next week, though there is no absolute deadline for a resolution, sources said.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Feb 2015 20:37 #2 by otisptoadwater
The fair weather fan in me is also apathetic; let's take a more objective look at the last three seasons of Broncos football. IMHO the last three seasons have been some of if not the best three seasons the Broncos have had in decades.

Now, if not Peyton Manning then who? Brock Osweiler may show promise but he's a long way away from a finished, proven product. Who else is available that has the skills and the beginnings of a proven track record as an NFL quarterback? If Peyton Manning does come back for one more season is that really all that we'll get? Just one more season? Regardless of what Peyton does I hope Mr. Elway is actively looking for a franchise quarterback because the Broncos are going to need one soon.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

01 Mar 2015 13:47 #3 by ScienceChic
According to Woody Paige, Manning will be back and it will be confirmed this week. All that we're waiting on is the details of a restructured contract to be finalized.

Paige: Peyton Manning deal will be done this week
By Woody Paige, The Denver Post
Posted: 03/01/2015

After super agent Tom Condon and the Broncos finalize details of a restructured contract, and Peyton takes his "official" physical, the news will be official that Manning is returning. All will be right in Denver's world.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Mar 2015 21:36 #4 by ScienceChic

04 Mar 2015 21:59 #5 by otisptoadwater
I like the way that the contract restructuring worked out, $15 Million for another season and then $2 Million for winning the AFC championship and $2 Million more for winning the Super Bowl. Can't wait for training camp to start so fans can get a glimpse of what this season's Broncos will have to offer!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

05 Mar 2015 07:22 #6 by FredHayek
:goodluck: Agree with Otis, like the incentives in the contract. This way if the Broncos do win the Super Bowl, it won't count against the cap until next year.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds