× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

White Sox Vs. Orioles @ Empty Camden Yards

29 Apr 2015 12:34 - 29 Apr 2015 12:34 #1 by FredHayek
:popcorn: The teams are playing at an empty stadium because of the Baltimore riots. Would be too weird to watch a silent baseball game, no crowds, no noise from vendors walking the rows.

But one skipper is going to make the best of the situation: "Our goal is to take the crowd out of the game early." :silly:

Looks like the Orioles do better in quiet games, they lead the White Sox 5-0.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Apr 2015 19:38 #2 by otisptoadwater
That had to be a very surreal experience for everyone inside the park. I love going to the ball park to watch a game and take in the sights and sounds (and junk food and beer) but, I'm not sure I would have gone to the park Baltimore today even if I have the best seats in the house. I half wonder why the game wasn't rescheduled for a later date but I guess the show must go on...

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

30 Apr 2015 07:22 #3 by FredHayek
If a player hits a homerun in an empty stadium and there is no fan to hear it, did it really happen?
(Stolen from Laura Ingram.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Apr 2015 12:28 #4 by Nobody that matters
There is no one that knows in Mudville that the mighty Kasey has struck out.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds