× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town 2015 Pick 5 Contest!

08 Sep 2015 14:43 #21 by HappyCamper

FredHayek wrote: Anyone else finding this Opening Week tough to pick? Hard to figure out the true nature of these teams.

If you are clueless like me it helps :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Sep 2015 20:12 #22 by Ashley
First two weeks always hard to figure out as they finally establish their teams and don't always play well together. But then I find the rest of the season difficult to figure out too. :unsure:

Miami
Kansas City
Indy
Cleveland
Philly

09 Sep 2015 07:51 - 09 Sep 2015 07:54 #23 by The Viking
I have a question about rule number 3. Is it who has the most wins or the best percentage at the end of the year? I thought if you didn't pick anything or forgot you went 0-5? Hypothetically what if someone went 10-0 the first 2 weeks then decided not to pick the rest of the year? They would end up with 100% and winning correct? Or if someone was 1 game ahead the final week and the only way they could lose is if they pick the losing team. Say 50-40 vs 49-41. If they didn't pick then they would stay the same, 50-40 and the other person could only get to 50-41, so they would have no way to catch them. It allows people with a great record to sandbag. They could just pick 2 easy games and choose not to pick any others so they would go 2-0 that week. I would think each person should have the same amount of decisions each week whether you pick or not in order for people not to get ahead and then just sit back so no one can catch them percentage wise. I thought that is what we always did? If I go 10-0 or have a very high percentage the first couple of weeks, I could just forget to post the rest of the year and collect my prize at the end of the year. Thoughts?

09 Sep 2015 07:57 #24 by The Viking
I didn't read this before I made my post. I totally agree with this. Makes it easier to keep everyone's numbers the same.

RenegadeCJ wrote: Would you be willing to modify one of the rules? I'd like to count a "no pick, or a short pick" as a loss. As I'm totaling, it is easier to just add the total scores up to make sure I didn't goof up. If someone only picks 4 games, then that person has one less total, and it makes me think I goofed up. Much easier for me to count a no pick as a loss.

Would that be acceptable?

09 Sep 2015 09:08 #25 by The Viking
OK I read the comment previous to this now and see that we are counting missed picks as a loss. I think that works great.

09 Sep 2015 11:35 - 09 Sep 2015 11:41 #26 by JMC
I am good with the rules and am ready for football
I hope my cyber bully doesnt try to punish me for my participation.

09 Sep 2015 12:44 #27 by RenegadeCJ

The Viking wrote: OK I read the comment previous to this now and see that we are counting missed picks as a loss. I think that works great.

Yep Viking. That is the way we are doing it. If you don't pick, it is a loss. Makes it a lot easier for me!

Good luck all! Looking forward to football!! :nfl: :td: :broncossign Go Broncos!!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

10 Sep 2015 09:03 #28 by Moore Lumber and Hardware
1. New England
2. Denver
3. Seattle
4. NY Giants
5. Tennessee

Now with six locations in Colorado: Conifer, Pine, Bailey, Evergreen, Bennett, and Castle Rock.
26572 Barkley Road, Conifer, CO 80433
186 Mount Evans Blvd, Pine, CO 80470
5195 County Road 64, Bailey, CO 80421
1153 Bergen Pkwy, Unit N, Evergreen, CO 80439

(303) 674-1001 (Pine)
(720) 924-3999 (Bailey)
(303) 647-1950 (Evergreen)
www.moorelbr.com

10 Sep 2015 12:31 #29 by ComputerBreath
Seattle
Arizona
Denver
Cincinnati
New England

10 Sep 2015 12:52 #30 by RenegadeCJ
New England
Green Bay
Indy
Cincy
Miami

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds