× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

THE NEXT BRONCO QB?

22 Mar 2020 16:16 #11 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic THE NEXT BRONCO QB?
Just looked at the Broncos roster, they have Lock, Rypien and Allen listed as the QBs. I am not a fan of Winston, but he has proven that he can play in the NFL.
Brady, in my opinion, was signed for 2 reasons, the immediate, season tickets have skyrocketed in TB with the signing of Brady, the long term to play as a starting QB, then gracefully transition a young QB in the Green Bay fashion, into the starting role. After he is 42 y.o.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Mar 2020 06:45 #12 by ramage
The Broncos signed Jeff Driskel, QB.. He was drafted in 2016, played one season with Cincinnati (9 games), and Detroit 2018 (3 games). The oddsmakers are predicting Winston will go to the Redskins.

23 Mar 2020 12:04 #13 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic THE NEXT BRONCO QB?
The NFL made it easier for teams to get into the playoffs next year by expanding the number of slots. I think the Broncos have a real chance to be one of those teams. San Diego and the Vegas Raiders still have issues. Think Chris Harris Jr. will play especially well against the Broncos next season? Probably. Hopefully Melvin "Flash" Gordon plays even better against the Chargers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Mar 2020 18:14 #14 by ramage
Cam Newton is now available after being released by the Carolina Panthers. So we have 2 top draft choices , both #1, available. Were all the scouts wrong about their abilities or have they lose the edge? By virtue of the fact that they have had very successful seasons as starters in the NFL doubt that the scouts were wrong, have to wonder whether they would flourish with a different coach and offensive coordinator.

26 Mar 2020 08:29 #15 by FredHayek
I think Cam will not get a job until a starting QB goes down. He is a high maintenance guy, one reason Carolina gave up on him. Maybe he will learn a little humility sitting out the Summer and become more of a team player in the Fall.

26 Mar 2020 15:48 #16 by ramage
Good point, perhaps he got some humility by being released.

02 May 2020 09:57 #17 by FredHayek
The Bengals have released Andy Dalton this week, saving them 17 million dollars. I really thought Cincy would keep him to start the season with and let Joe Burrows ease into the pro's. But at 17 million, I can see why that was probably wasn't going to happen. Plus Andy wanted the team to let him seek his fortune elsewhere. You think he would want to backup and train Drew Lock here in Denver? He has a winning record in the NFL despite losing all his playoff games. And Drew might have a sophomore slump this season so Dalton could get a new start that way. 

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds