Announcing the Conifer Chamber's 2012 Award Recipients!

10 Mar 2012 14:26 #1 by coniferchambercommerce
We had all great finalists, and are blessed to have all of these businesses and individuals in our community. Congratulations to the winners! A round of applause to everyone please! :bravo:
http://www.goconifer.com/tp40/page.asp?ID=234173

For the category of Non-Profit of the Year, our finalists were:
Conifer Community Park at Beaver Ranch
Conifer Newcomers and Neighbors
Evergreen Christian Outreach

The winner is Evergreen Christian Outreach!
[youtube:2tof226m]
[/youtube:2tof226m]

Criteria:
● Must be a Conifer Chamber Member in good standing
● Will have contributed to the local economy by buying or employing locally
● Will have contributed to the local community by offering services
● Businesses that have an employee serving on the Conifer Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors will not be eligible for consideration

For the category of Home-Based Business of the Year, our finalists were:
Bookkeeping by the Numbers
285Bound.com
Score Foothills/Quality Connection

The winner is 285Bound.com!

Criteria:
● Will have demonstrated good citizenship throughout the community, including active support of charities and businesses
● Must have been in business for at least one (1) year
● Businesses that have an employee serving on the Conifer Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors will not be eligible for consideration

For the category of Business of the Year, our finalists were:
Aspen Peak Cellars & Clifton House Inn
Eye Consultants of Colorado
Luna's Mandala Gifts & Boutique

The winner is Luna's Mandala!

Criteria:
● Can be either a for-profit or non-profit organization
● Will have demonstrated good citizenship throughout the community, including active support of charities and businesses, as well as encouraging its employees to do the same
● Must have been in business for at least three (3) years

For the category of Ambassador of the Year:
Our winner is: Diana Paty!

Criteria:
● Must be respected by his or her peers
● Must have earned the highest points per the Ambassador’s Chart (indicating activity at events and meetings, and recruitment efforts)
● Other publicity to be determined

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
Last, but not least, we created an award to highlight exemplary service to our mountain community and named it after our very own Norman F. Meyer, a man who has led by example and creates big shoes to fill! Our deepest gratitude and thanks to Norm Meyer , our inaugural winner of The Norman F. Meyer Award , and role model, for this award.

Please join us in celebrating these businesses and individuals and their well-deserved accomplishments.

25997 Conifer Road, Unit D4, Conifer - 2nd floor, east side.
(Mailing address: PO Box 127, Conifer, CO 80433)
303-838-5711

www.goconifer.com
www.facebook.com/ConiferAreaChamberofCommerce
twitter.com/ConiferChamber
Monthly Breakfast Meeting every 2nd Friday of the month. Doors open at 7:15am. Please join us! Register in advance at GoConifer.Com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2012 15:11 #2 by Mtn Gramma
Congratulations to all the finalists and winners. And a special congratulations to 285Bound!!

10 Mar 2012 15:50 #3 by Wily Fox aka Angela
another recognition by the community. What to go, Sharon and 285bound!

12 Mar 2012 13:21 #4 by CinnamonGirl
I just wanted to post the letter I sent to the Chamber on behalf of Communities Bound to the chamber as a nomination for Business of the year. I feel the members of 285bound.com won this award. Congratulations members of 285bound.com. You are all special people of a special community.

Communities Bound

February 10, 2012

Dear Conifer Chamber of Commerce:

I would like to nominate 285Bound.com and Sharon Trilk for your home based business of the year.

285bound.com is all about community. You cannot look anywhere on 285bound.com without seeing community members and their tireless work everywhere.

In the last year 285Bound.com has donated over $1,500 to such groups as Evergreen Animal Protective League, Platte Canyon Little League, Deer Creek Elementary, Intermountain Humane Society, Colorado Pekes and Poms Rescue, 285 Barnraisers, Food Bank of the Rockies, and sponsored events like the Bailey Hundo, EAPL’s OktoberPets, and the 29th Annual Conifer Christmas Parade.

Our members adopted part of the 285 highway and the members will be doing pick up work. The site informs users when there are emergencies such as fires and accidents and gets the word out to the members of the community by email, forums and more. They frequent businesses and restaurants in the area. 285Bound.com lunches and meeting always pick local restaurants to meet at and they even have a detailed place where local restaurants have their menus and more is posted for the community to see before the order. They encourage local buying and patronizing of local businesses too. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=11864 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=148&t=11864<!-- l -->

Also, 285Bound members are very generous, as an example one of our members (just today) put up string on the forum stating that they would like to buy a cat from the IMHS shelter for anyone that would like to adopt in honor of their kitty they just lost. I see this all the time and our members are incredibly generous and civil minded. This Christmas many of our members, including Sharon, rang a bell for the Salvation Army at the local grocery store and there are many, many more stories.

I have watched and worked with Sharon and she is one of the hardest working, smartest, caring persons I have ever worked with and everyone just adores her. She has given alot of time and money to the area personally and professionally. In fact, I received some wonderful gifts for Christmas from her and they all were from businesses in Conifer and Bailey. Including a Knit Knook mug (my favorite). This is what she is always thinking about, how to include the area community in everything she does. She and 285Bound.com have put money, time and volunteer effort into this community and they all continue to amaze me daily.

The Conifer, Bailey, 285 Corridor and community is what 285Bound.com is all about and I believe they would make you so proud if they were honored as the Conifer Chamber Home Based Business of the year. Sharon and 285Bound is a special organization and we at Communities Bound have been very proud to have them in our network.

Thank you so much for your consideration and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any clarification at all.

Kind regards,

Robyn Honsey
Communities Bound Co Founder
720-248-8285

12 Mar 2012 15:38 #5 by RivendaleFarms
Congratulations, Sharon!!!! I have no doubt in 2 more years we'll see you as Business of the Year to boot. Thanks so much for all you do!

Sally

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

13 Mar 2012 11:24 #6 by CC
Congrats to everyone!

29 Jul 2012 17:58 #7 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Announcing the Conifer Chamber's 2012 Award Recipients!

CinnamonGirl wrote: I just wanted to post the letter I sent to the Chamber on behalf of Communities Bound to the chamber as a nomination for Business of the year. I feel the members of 285bound.com won this award. Congratulations members of 285bound.com. You are all special people of a special community.

[

Thanks CG

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds