Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

23 Apr 2024 06:32 #3221 by DrMike
The Free You

Today's Scripture

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. 1 Corinthians 15:10, NIV

Today, life is going to try to put impatience, jealousy, compromise, and bad breaks on you to keep the true you, the person God created you to be, from coming out. The good news is that God is going to keep working on you, making and molding you until the true you comes out—the free you, the blessed you, the patient you, the victorious you. By His grace, God specializes in removing everything that’s not the true you.

Now, you need to get in agreement with God and see the free you, not the defeated you, the depressed you, the hurt you. It’s easy to carry bad breaks, hurts, shame, and feel unworthy of being blessed. Don’t believe those lies. What people did to you didn’t stop the true you. The anger and bitterness are not the true you. The true you is peaceful, loving, and kind. The true you is about to come out. What’s holding you back is being broken. The shame is being removed. You’re about to step into favor, freedom, restoration, and become the masterpiece He says you are.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my life is in Your hands—not just my strengths and gifts, but my weaknesses and shortcomings. Thank You that You are removing everything that is not the true me. I declare that by Your grace I am on the way to becoming the masterpiece You say I am. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2024 06:49 #3222 by DrMike
It’s with Your Father

Today's Scripture

“The father said, ‘Quick, bring me the best robe, my very own robe, and I will place it on his shoulders. Bring the ring, the seal of sonship, and I will put it on his finger. And bring out the best shoes you can find for my son. Let’s prepare a great feast and celebrate.” Luke 15:22–23, TPT

The prodigal son returned home filthy dirty with hog manure after wasting his father’s inheritance through wild living. Yet when he returned, today’s Scripture recounts his father’s response. The same is true for us when we’ve gone off course and made a mess of our lives. Despite what you’ve done, God has a robe of honor waiting for you. It’s not in the hog pen; it’s with your Father. He has a family ring that restores all the authority of sonship. It’s not in the hog pen; it’s with your Father. He has the best shoes for you. They’re not in the hog pen; they’re with your Father. He has a fatted calf and feast. They’re not in the hog pen; they’re with your Father.

When you’ve gotten off course, it’s easy to stay in the hog pen condemning yourself when God has a fatted calf out in the field with your name on it. He wants to not just receive you back but restore what’s been lost—your honor, your reputation, your joy. Arise and go to your Father.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You forgive me, imperfect as I am, and that every mistake I’ve made has already been paid for by Jesus on the cross. Thank You for Your heart of restoring love and mercy for all that I’ve lost or that’s been taken. I believe that You robe me in Your righteousness and favor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.852 seconds