Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 Jan 2015 03:52 #1141 by DrMike
The Time Has Already Been Set

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE:

“My times are in your hands…” Psalm 31:15, NIV

TODAY’S WORD:

In life, oftentimes we are waiting for something; waiting for a dream to come to pass, waiting to meet the right person, waiting for a problem to turn around. When things aren’t happening as fast as we would like, it’s easy to get frustrated. But you have to realize, the moment you prayed, God established a set time to bring the promise to pass.

God has a set time for your opportunity. There is a set time for that problem to turn around, a set time for your healing, your promotion, your breakthrough. It may be tomorrow, next week or five years from now, but when you understand the time has already been set, it takes all the pressure off. You won’t live worried, wondering when this is ever going to happen. You’ll relax and enjoy your life knowing that the promise has already been scheduled, and your answer is on the way!

PRAYER FOR TODAY:

Father, I choose to trust in Your timing. I trust that You have my best in mind. I believe that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Thank You for ordering my steps and leading me in the life of blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2015 03:45 #1142 by DrMike
Prepared Blessings

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE:

“You prepare a table before me…”Psalm 23:5, NIV

TODAY’S WORD:

When God laid out the plan for your life, He lined up the right people, the right breaks and the right opportunities. He has blessings that have your name on them. If you will stay in faith and keep honoring God, one day you will come in to what already belongs to you. It’s a prepared blessing!

Think about Adam and Eve in the garden. God took the first five days and created the heavens, the earth, the sky, the land and the water. He planted a garden. He put in it beautiful flowers and luscious fruit. He designed rivers to flow through it. He put precious treasures in the ground: onyx, gold and silver. Then scripture says, “He took Adam, whom He had just breathed life into, and put him in the garden.” Notice Adam came into a prepared blessing, something that God had already finished for him.
In the same way, God has some prepared blessings in store for you. He is working behind the scenes, arranging things in your favor, getting it all perfectly in place. You couldn’t make it happen on your own. It’s just the goodness of God bringing you into a prepared blessing!

PRAYER FOR TODAY:

Father, thank You for preparing a place of blessing for me. I choose to trust You and Your timing, knowing that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

16 Jan 2015 03:41 #1143 by DrMike
Content in Your Own Race

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE:

“…let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…”Hebrews 12:1-2, NKJV

TODAY’S WORD:

It’s easy to be tempted to go through life competing with everyone around us when we see someone who’s more talented, better looking or has more gifts. Instead of running our race and being comfortable with who we are, oftentimes, we feel inferior and think, “I’ve got to catch up to them.” The problem with this unhealthy competition is that it’s a never-ending cycle.

There will always be someone ahead of us. But, it’s a very freeing thing when you realize, “I’m not competing with you. I don’t have to have as big a house as my neighbor to feel good about myself. I don’t have to keep up with my co-worker. I don’t have to be a certain size. I don’t have to have as many Christmas lights outside. No, I understand that I’m not in competition with my friend, my neighbor or my co-worker. Instead, I’m going to be the best me that I can possibly be.”

Contentment is an attitude God can work with. When you focus on being who God made you to be and focus on running your own race, that’s when you’ll see things happen. That’s when you’ll rise up higher and position yourself for every spiritual blessing He has in store for you!

PRAYER FOR TODAY:

Father, I humbly come to You giving You all that I am. I choose to keep my eyes on You and allow You to work in my heart and mind. I declare that I am free from competition today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Jan 2015 04:36 #1144 by DrMike
Change Your Mind

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE:

“Repent (think differently; change your mind, regretting your sins and changing your conduct), for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Matthew 3:2 AMP

TODAY’S WORD:

Do you have behaviors in your life that you want to change? Maybe it’s a habit, a bad attitude, or even negative thoughts. No matter what you may want to change in your life, you have to start by changing your mind. You have to change your thinking so that your thoughts are in line with God’s thoughts. When you make the decision to follow God in every area of your life, you open the door for His supernatural power to work.
Remember, your life will go in the direction of your thoughts.

You can’t just allow any old thought or image to play in your mind. You have to choose right thoughts. The easiest way to change your thoughts is by speaking God’s Word. When you say “orange,” you probably won’t start thinking about an apple. In the same way, when you confess the Word of God, which says you are more than a conqueror, it will drive those negative, defeating thoughts away! Change your mind today by changing your words!

PRAYER FOR TODAY:

Heavenly Father, today I choose to take captive every thought that is contrary to Your will. I repent for anything in my life that is displeasing to You. Empower me today by Your spirit so that I can bring honor to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

20 Jan 2015 03:44 #1145 by DrMike
The Good Land

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE:

“For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land—a land with brooks, streams, and deep springs gushing out into the valleys and hills.”Deuteronomy 8:7, NIV

TODAY’S WORD:

God has a place prepared for you just like He prepared a place for His people in scripture. Notice that in this place God has prepared, there is no shortage—no shortage of resources, no shortage of opportunities, no shortage of creativity, of friendships, of joy and peace. In the good land, you will lack no good thing.

Anytime you are tempted to get down or look at what you don’t have, turn it around. Say, “Lord, I want to thank You that You are bringing me into my garden, a land of blessing, a land where my gifts and talents will come out to the full, a good land where I will fulfill my destiny, a good land where I’ll live healthy, happy and whole, a good land where my whole house will honor You!”

PRAYER FOR TODAY:

Father, help me to see with my eyes of faith the good land that You have prepared. Help me to walk in Your ways, to stay close to You, and honor You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen!

21 Jan 2015 03:50 #1146 by DrMike
Receive Grace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE:

“It is through Him that we have received grace (God’s unmerited favor) and [our] apostleship to promote obedience to the faith and make disciples for His name’s sake among all the nations.” Romans 1:5 AMP

TODAY’S WORD:

Do you want to see more of God’s favor in your life? Receive His grace. Grace is God’s favor, but it’s also His supernatural empowerment. When you have God’s grace and favor, it enables you to accomplish more and be more effective both in your own life and in building the kingdom of God.

This verse says that God’s grace enables us to promote obedience to the faith and make disciples among all nations. Maybe you can’t go to all nations today, but you can make a difference in the lives of the people around you. You can “promote faith” by being an example to others. God wants to empower you with His grace so that you can show love and encourage the people in your life—your coworkers, your family, your friends.

Receive His grace today by simply opening your heart and thanking Him for it. Thank Him for His grace that empowers you. Thank Him for a gift of faith in your life. Let Him empower you to walk forward in the favor and blessing He has prepared!

PRAYER FOR TODAY:

Father, thank You for Your promise of grace in my life. Thank You for unmerited favor. I receive Your grace and power right now and invite Your love to flow through me today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

22 Jan 2015 03:45 #1147 by DrMike
Eternal Glory

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE:

“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.”2 Corinthians 4:17 NIV

TODAY’S WORD:

Troubles and trials are only temporary! In fact, this verse tells us they are momentary. Compared with eternity, our troubles won’t last long at all! When you stand strong in faith during the difficult times, you are building faith in your life and also achieving eternal glory.

If you are in the middle of tough times today, look to God. The Bible says that He is the Author and Finisher of your faith. He is the one who writes faith on your heart and then develops it to completion on the inside of you. Your part is to open your heart and choose those words of faith and victory. Remember, your words set the course for your life. As you remind yourself that your troubles are only momentary and declare your trust and hope in God, you will see His hand moving in your life. It won’t be long until you’re past those momentary troubles and experiencing His eternal glory!

PRAYER FOR TODAY:

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your eternal glory at work in me. I cast my cares on You, knowing that my trials and troubles are temporary. Thank You for Your eternal blessing on every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

23 Jan 2015 03:40 #1148 by DrMike
Slow Down and Enjoy the Journey

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24, NKJV)

Everyone wants to live joyful and victorious lives. That’s what God wants for you, too, and He knows the best way to get you there. But He also wants you to enjoy the trip! Here are two things to remember today that will help you slow down and enjoy this day God has given you. First, God is in control! He is directing your steps according to His plan. Second, God has your best interest in mind at all times.

That means His plan for you is good, one that is designed to help you be the person He created you to be. So relax and enjoy the journey! Let God take you where He wants you to be in His timing, not yours. Remember, God is never late!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You that You have my best in mind. Give me patience as I wait upon Your timing and make the journey one step at a time. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

26 Jan 2015 04:06 #1149 by DrMike
Don’t Be Just “Good Enough”

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:14, NIV)

God has planted His seed of hope, power and victory inside of you! All you have to do is allow God to bring the best out of your life and decide you won’t settle for “good enough.” It may not always be easy to do this, but it’s very possible! Perhaps you have made a hurtful mistake in your past, and that is still haunting you.

If you let the enemy tell you that you’re not good enough for God’s forgiveness, then you’re settling for less than God’s victory. Setbacks are part of life, but Jesus said He came to give you an abundant life! If you decide to strive for excellence, there is no limit to what the Lord can do through you and with you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I know that You have given me forgiveness and desire that I live in victory. I choose to live in Your victory today and not settle for “good enough.” In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

27 Jan 2015 07:40 #1150 by DrMike
Enjoy Life

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.” (Psalm 23:6, KJV)

Many people never really manage to enjoy their lives. They spend day after day just going through the motions, hoping things will get better. Maybe you’re one of them. If so, listen to this: Your life can be better. You can be the happy, healthy, victorious, and overcoming champion God made you to be!

Everything you need to start enjoying life is already inside you. You just need a little help to bring it to the surface. Surround yourself with people who will encourage you and help bring out the best in you — because it’s already there!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, I know that You have promised to give me everything I need to live a joy-filled life. Thank You for Your blessings, and help me to live a life of joy beginning today. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.929 seconds