Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

28 Jan 2015 04:11 #1151 by DrMike
The Spring of Laughter

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Anyone who drinks the water I give will never thirst — not ever. The water I give will be an artesian spring within, gushing fountains of endless life.” (John 4:14, MSG)

When you make Jesus the Lord of your life, God puts within you an eternal well that will never run dry. You have an unlimited supply of good things inside you which should be continually bubbling out of you. But Satan doesn’t want your joy, happiness, or laughter to flow freely. So he comes along and throws a stone of, say, worry into your well. You may think, “That’s just one little stone. It’s not hurting anything.

The water is still flowing pretty well.” But Satan will be back soon with another stone, whether it’s fear, self-pity, or hopelessness. If you haven’t dealt individually with each of these stones and gotten rid of them, your nice, free-flowing well of good things will become clogged. Take the time today and every day to evaluate your well. Ask God to give you revelation and to help you keep your well clean!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, thank You for the spring of eternal life and joy that You have placed within me. Help me deal with the stones that can block the free flow of goodness, joy, and laughter. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2015 03:48 #1152 by DrMike
Friends

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.” (Proverbs 27:9, NLT)

Friends help make this life a little better each day. You can probably think of multiple instances where a good friend changed the day for you and made you look on the brighter side. That’s exactly what God intended friendship to be. True friends know you well; they give you wise advice from the Word of God. No ministry would ever get off the ground without support from friends in the faith, and this ministry is certainly no exception.

The wonderful things God has done through this outreach are a direct result of the commitment that friends like you have made to stand with us in reaching out to millions of people around the world. Everyone needs a faithful friend — so why not make a commitment today to be a friend to someone who needs you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for the friends that You have put in my life. May I be the encourager and strengthener that I know You want me to be. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

30 Jan 2015 03:44 #1153 by DrMike
Be Yourself

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly.” (Romans 12:6, NASB)

The key to living a happy, fulfilling, satisfied life, is really very simple. Just be the person God made you to be, and have the courage to do what God called you to do. He has a unique and individual plan for your life, and the way to becoming a champion for God is to discover that plan and follow it wherever it may lead.

But because you are human, it’s easy for you to get distracted — many times, because you’re trying too hard to please other people. Of course, there are legitimate demands on your time that must be met. The good news is that these things don’t have to thwart God’s plans for you. Just make it your desire to follow and please Him, and you won’t be thrown off the path by life’s demands and distractions.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, please help me today to use the abilities and gifts You have given me to honor You. Thank You for not expecting me to try and be someone other than the person You made me to be. In Jesus’ name. Amen

02 Feb 2015 06:21 #1154 by DrMike
You Were Born to Win

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“If God is for us, who is against us?” (Romans 8:31, NASB)

The Bible says that we are more than conquerors through Christ. Rise up and see yourself as a champion in Him! You can be and you will be victorious through Him. The problems that so often intimidate and defeat many people won’t have a firm hold on you when you’re walking with Christ and have the joy of the Lord! When you walk with Christ, strength and victory is yours through Him.

Here’s something to remember today: if Christ is on your side, it doesn’t really matter who is against you! The opponents you face don’t really matter, and don’t amount to much. Friend, take another look at your life today, YOU are a friend of God! No matter what you may face or who may seem against you let this truth anchor deep within you — God is for you. Now go out in joy making a difference for Him today, knowing who is on your side!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I know that You are on my side and that the other side doesn’t matter. Please give me the strength to stand against the giants that intimidate me. Thank you for your joy and strength and for always being by my side! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

03 Feb 2015 04:04 #1155 by DrMike
Choose Life — One Day at a Time

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Every day I will bless You, and I will praise Your name forever and ever.” (Psalm 145:2, NASB)

Christians experience daily obstacles and struggles. But even though you aren’t immune to life’s day-to-day challenges, you have the power of Jesus Christ to overcome them! His power is available every day to help you win not only the big battles, but the little daily battles as well.

God has an abundant life in store for you, which includes victory over the little things in your life that may seem big. Nothing can prevent you from being all that God wants you to be — so choose to claim victory today in the name of Jesus!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I praise You for the daily victory you give to Your children. It’s a blessing to know that I can bring every problem I have to you, no matter how small. In Jesus’ Name. Amen

04 Feb 2015 03:48 #1156 by DrMike
Share Your Life

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“We loved you so much that we shared with you not only God’s Good News but our own lives, too” (1 Thessalonians 2:8, NLT)

Relationships are so important to God. First, our relationship with Him and then our relationships with other people. In this day and age, we have so many wonderful, modern conveniences. We communicate through our computers, PDA’s and cell phones. We email and text and check off our lists. And all that’s great, but we have to remember that relationship is so much more than texting and email. Relationships are about sharing your life with others.

It’s about allowing others to know who you are, to help you grow, and hold you accountable; and then doing the same for them. Don’t ever allow life to become so busy that you aren’t sharing and connecting, face to face, with the people who are closest to you. Life is a group experience. Make sure you make time for relationships. Share your life because that’s what has eternal value.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for loving me, for empowering me, and changing me to be more like You. Have Your way in my heart so that I can be a shining light of Your love to the people around me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

05 Feb 2015 04:11 #1157 by DrMike
Stay Positive

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33, NIV)

It’s easy to be positive and encouraging when everything is going your way, isn’t it? But every one is going to have obstacles to overcome in life. Problems have a purpose, and part of God’s purpose for allowing you to face obstacles is to test your attitude. That’s why you need to be positive even in negative situations. Remember, God wants you to live life to the fullest. And He has provided a way for you to enjoy your life, even when you’re going through hard times.

Look closely again at John 16:33. Jesus has just told you that you will face tribulation. But then He says, “Take heart!” That’s the secret. One translation puts it this way: “When you have trouble, cheer up.” What God is saying is that you can choose to be joyful and positive no matter what happens. The reason you can do that is because Jesus has already won your battle, whatever it may be!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, thank You for the trials that strengthen my faith. I know that all I need to do is look up to You when troubles come, and claim Your victory over them. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

06 Feb 2015 03:16 #1158 by DrMike
God’s Servant

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.” (Galatians 1:10, NIV)

Paul was obviously not worried about trying to please the people around him. It’s not that he didn’t care about others. It’s just that he was focused on serving the Lord. Many times you maybe too worried about what people think of you, which inhibits you from following God with your whole heart. Instead, follow those God-given desires with reckless abandon, because all that will matter in the end is fulfilling God’s plan for your life. You are called to serve God without reserve, so fulfill His plan without letting others sidetrack you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, give me the dedication to be Your servant alone. Help me not to be sidetracked by what others may think of me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 Feb 2015 03:48 #1159 by DrMike
Living to Give

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you’re ready for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done.” (2 Corinthians 9:8, MSG)

Nothing moves the heart of God quite like taking the time and effort to meet the needs of hurting and desperate people. When you focus on meeting the needs of others, you won’t have time to worry about your own needs — which is actually fine since God has promised to take care of your own needs when you spend yourself in behalf of others.

The Bible says that God wants to bless you and give you in abundance what you need, so why wouldn’t you give? Give anything and everything you can, whether it’s time, money, prayer, or just a kind word. So if you want God to satisfy you with every good thing, go out and help somebody in need. Give your life away.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, thank You for giving me so much from Your storehouse of love. Help me to reach out to others, and make their lives more blessed. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Feb 2015 03:57 #1160 by DrMike
Laugh a Little

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.” (Proverbs 17:22, NLT)

God has given you a great prescription for living a long, healthy, and happy life: Laugh, and laugh a lot! The “medicine” of laughter is within everyone, but you may need to start taking it. Recent studies have shown that laughter boosts the body’s immune system, reduces stress, reduces the risk of heart attack, and even acts as a natural tranquilizer.

Those are health benefits everyone needs. That’s why it’s tragic to go through life with a stone face. The enemy has convinced too many into thinking that they need to be somber and serious in order to be a Christian. But don’t fall for that trick. God wants you to laugh and live well!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, thank You for a sense of humor and for laughter. Teach me how to enjoy this wonderful gift and share it with others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.961 seconds