Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

26 Mar 2015 06:23 #1191 by DrMike
Jump Over that Wall

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For by you I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall.” (Psalm 18:29, ESV)

The great heroes of the Bible impress us with their strength of their confidence and depth of their faith. And as God’s Word tells us, you can do the same great things they did, because you have the same God in you! King David was supremely confident in God — firm in the knowledge God would give him the strength to overcome his obstacles. Philippians 4:13 says you can accomplish anything through the power of Christ in your heart.

We hope this will encourage you to take a stand for God. Don’t ever think that God did great things only for people in the days of the Bible. That same powerful God can help you jump over a wall in your life today! Just give Him an opportunity and you’ll see just how awesome and powerful He is.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for the invincible and unexplainable power which You have placed within me through Christ. My deepest desire today is to be confident in Your power. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Mar 2015 06:45 #1192 by DrMike
Believe and Receive

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” (Mark 11:24, NIV)

Has God spoken things to your heart that haven’t come to pass yet? Sometimes when we are believing for things, it’s easy to let circumstances and the pressures of life drag us down. But when you make the choice to receive your promise by picturing it in your mind’s eye, and declaring it with the words of your mouth, your faith becomes stronger. You begin to feel more confident. You begin to feel more settled. You begin to have joy and peace because you know God is working behind the scenes on your behalf.

What are you believing for God to do in your life today? Can you see it in your mind’s eye? Can you see yourself healed? Can you see yourself paying off that last debt? Can you see yourself at your ideal weight? Can you see yourself sharing the gospel with a family member or coworker? Ask the Lord to give you the picture of what He sees when He looks at you. As you open your heart and allow God’s thoughts to become your thoughts, and your receive His promises by faith, just like it says in the above verse — whatever you ask for in prayer will be yours!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for another day to serve You. Thank You for the gift of faith. I ask that you search my heart and mind and remove anything that does not please you. Give me your thoughts of peace and joy today so that I can learn to receive all you have for me today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

30 Mar 2015 07:18 #1193 by DrMike
Take Care of Yourself

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For God has bought you with a great price. So use every part of your body to give glory back to God because he owns it.” (1 Corinthians 6:20, TLB)

There is no doubt that being in shape spiritually is the most important kind of fitness. But being in shape physically is very important as well. Some people know the Bible well — they pray often and they know what to do, but they don’t have the physical energy to do anything at all.

All three parts of your being — physical, emotional and spiritual — should be healthy and in sync for you to function most productively. Your body is the temple of the most high God, and you must honor Him with the care you take of it. Seek a balance, and try to be healthy and God-honoring in every part of life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for giving me the ability to honor You with my body. Help me to take care of my body and make it a stronger and healthier temple for You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

31 Mar 2015 07:11 #1194 by DrMike
Guard Your Mouth

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He who guards his mouth keeps his life, but he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.” (Proverbs 13:3, AMP)

We’ve all said things we wish we could take back. Maybe you weren’t literally in a life or death situation, but I believe every word we speak has power. Our words determine the direction of our lives. The Bible tells us that life and death are in the power of the tongue. There’s no neutral ground. We are either sowing seeds of life and productivity with our words, or we are sowing seeds of ruin and destruction with our words. Today is a good day to take inventory of your words and make the decision to sow only good seeds with your words.

Sow seeds of life by speaking God’s Word over your own life and the lives of those around you. Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you to consider every word before you say it. Make the decision today that your words will bring glory to Lord. As you guard your mouth, you will “keep” your life. You’ll see increase in every area and enjoy the blessing the Lord has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I submit this day to You. I give You my every thought, word and action. Help me, Holy Spirit, to live a life pleasing to the Father in every way. Help me speak words of blessing to edify those around me today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

01 Apr 2015 07:44 #1195 by DrMike
Abundant Life Today

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10, ESV)

Are you living the abundant life Jesus came to give you? You may not have the biggest house or newest car, but God promises abundant life for you. His abundant life goes way beyond the things we can see in the natural. His abundant life means that you can have peace in the midst of a storm. You can have joy when things are uncertain. You can have hope when circumstances seem hopeless. You can live and enjoy life to the fullest every single day because you have the Creator of Life on the inside of you.

Sometimes it is easy to look at this verse and think, “God is going to give me abundant life some day”, but the truth is, God wants you to have abundant life TODAY. Ask Him to show you His abundant favor, blessing, and peace. As you focus on God’s abundance today and everyday, your life will feel more satisfying, and you will be overflowing in His abundance the way God intended!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I know that you want the best for me. Thank you for your promise of abundant life on this earth. Teach me to share your abundance with others. I love you and bless you today. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

02 Apr 2015 06:52 #1196 by DrMike
Keep Going

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:31, KJV)

Christ doesn’t want you to settle for mediocrity in any area of your life! His plan is for you to be victorious and filled with joy each day. No matter what has happened to you in the past, God wants you to pick yourself up and keep going on the path that leads to victory.

The Bible says that if you will look to God, He will renew your strength and help you soar like an eagle. That’s an amazing promise from an amazing God! Keep pushing ahead even through the tough times, and you’ll be blessed.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for Your promise of strength and endurance when I wait on You. Do not allow me to get stuck in a rut or give up on my journey with You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

03 Apr 2015 06:16 #1197 by DrMike
He is Risen!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen...” (Matthew 28:6, NLB

We have a reason to celebrate every day of the year because we serve a God who is alive and filled with resurrection power! Not only did He resurrect Jesus from the dead, but He wants to extend His resurrection power into every single area of your life today!

Maybe you have a dream to get out of debt, to pay off your house or be free from that burden of lack, but it looks like it’s impossible. Business is slow. The economy is down. You’ve gone as far as your education allows. But God is saying, “I’m not limited by those things. I’ve got resurrection power. I can give you one break that will thrust you to a new level. I can open up doors that no man can shut. I can bring talent out of you that you didn’t know you had. I can cause people, for no reason, to go out of their way to want to be good to you.”

Your part is to keep believing today, knowing that He wants to bring you into supernatural increase. Remember, He is risen, He is alive, and He is faithful to His Word. Trust Him today and let His resurrection power work in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your resurrection power at work in my life. Today, I give to You my broken dreams, disappointments, failures and setbacks, trusting that Your resurrection power is at work in me. I trust that You have a good plan for my future, and You are leading me into total victory in Jesus’ name! Amen.

06 Apr 2015 04:28 #1198 by DrMike
Experience Satisfaction

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The fear of the LORD leads to life, and he who has it will abide in satisfaction; he will not be visited with evil.” (Proverbs 19:23, NKJV)

You can experience satisfaction. That’s right; no matter where you’re at, what is troubling you today, or what has happened to you in the past, true satisfaction is close at hand. It’s found in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. And along with the satisfaction that God gives you, peace and joy will flood your life to an overwhelming degree! This satisfaction and peace is not temporary, it’s not just here until something bad happens. Experiencing true satisfaction in God lasts for an eternity.

You can live the way you were born to live, the way God intended for you to live! With God’s satisfaction, you can live a healthier, happier, and victorious life for as long as you live.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for Your satisfaction that is beyond anything I have ever known. Strengthen me as I seek to serve You and find my joy and satisfaction in You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

07 Apr 2015 04:26 #1199 by DrMike
Your Secret Petitions

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4, AMP)

God knows the secret petitions of your heart. He knows every hidden dream He’s placed within you. He knows those things that you haven’t told anybody about. Maybe you thought they would never come to pass, or maybe you buried them because they didn’t happen on your timetable. Maybe, in the natural, you have every reason to give up on those dreams. Be encouraged today — God is still working behind the scenes! He still has a plan to bring those dreams to pass.

Do what the verse says and delight yourself in Him today. That word delight actually means to make yourself soft and pliable. It paints the picture of God as the Potter and you as the clay. Allow God to mold and shape your character today. Allow Him to direct your plans and ideas. Keep an attitude of faith and expectancy today, and as you submit your ways to the Lord and open your heart to His leading, He will fulfill those secret petitions of your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, You said the path of the righteous gets brighter and brighter. You said no good thing will You withhold because I walk uprightly before You. You said because I delight myself in You, You will give me the secret petitions of my heart. So Father, I thank You today for being in control of my life and for the good things in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Apr 2015 04:18 #1200 by DrMike
Celebrate New Beginnings!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.” (Matthew 28:6, NIV)

Jesus is Risen! That’s a reason to celebrate today and every day! Because He is risen, we can rise up, too. We can have victory over sin and death and embrace eternal life and abundant life!

Jesus’ resurrection represents a new beginning for all of mankind. When we receive Him as Lord and Savior, believing He died for our sins and was raised from the dead, that’s when life begins!

Today, know that God loves you and receives you just the way you are. If you need a new beginning, there’s no better time than right now. Call on Him, receive Him by faith and join with us to celebrate resurrection!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I receive a new beginning in my life. Thank You for sending your Son, Jesus to die on the cross and be raised from the dead so that I can have eternal life in Jesus’ name — Amen.

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds