Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

09 Apr 2015 04:18 #1201 by DrMike
Come to the Father

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. ” (Matthew 11:28, AMP)

Does your soul need refreshing today? You can come to the Father and find what you need. Are you facing challenges in your relationships? Finances? Career? The Father wants to refresh you. He wants to give you rest. Think about that for a moment. What would cause you to rest? If you knew everything was going to work out for your good, you would stop worrying. You would rest! Even if things don’t work out the way you planned or on your timetable, you can trust that God will turn things around in your favor.

Today, come to the Father today with thanksgiving. Thank Him right now for taking your burdens and giving you peace. Thank Him for loving you today and giving you new life. Thank Him for His faithfulness! Go out today with an attitude of expectancy. He always has a plan and you can always can come to Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You now and give You my cares and burdens. I thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. Thank You for loving me and setting me free. Thank You for giving me rest for my soul and peace in my heart today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Apr 2015 06:36 #1202 by DrMike
Rise Up Today

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” (Romans 9:17, NIV)

Easter is a wonderful time to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ — that glorious event that changed history over 2,000 years ago. But, did you know that God is still in the resurrection business today? When you receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, you become born again. Your spirit is resurrected so you that you can have a personal relationship with God.

Not only does He want to resurrect your spirit, He wants to resurrect your dreams, your hopes, your relationships and every area of your life! Today, call on Him and allow Him to display His resurrection power through you!

We love you and rejoice with you as we celebrate the resurrected life of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, today I surrender every area of my life to Your resurrection power. I want to be born again into a new life with You! Help me to let go of my old ways and embrace the life You have for me! Thank You for sending Your Son so that I might have life in You! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

13 Apr 2015 04:17 #1203 by DrMike
Nothing Wasted

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“After everyone was full, Jesus told his disciples, ‘Now gather the leftovers, so that nothing is wasted.’ ” (John 6:12, NLT)

The Bible tells of a time when Jesus fed a crowd of five thousand with only five loaves. That day, everyone had more than enough to eat and there were still twelve baskets full of bread. That’s because we serve a God of abundance! I love that Jesus told the disciples to collect all the leftovers “so that nothing is wasted.” With God, nothing is ever wasted. He’ll never waste an experience; He’ll never waste a hurt; He’ll never waste a dream; He’ll never waste even a single piece of bread.

God is still in the miracle-working business. He is still our Creator and He is a Restorer. If you’ve felt like you’ve wasted years of your life in the wrong job, hanging around the wrong people, doing the wrong things, God will gather those years and restore them back to you. He’ll take those experiences that the enemy meant for your harm, and He’ll turn them around for your good. He’ll make you stronger, wiser, and better off than you were before. He can launch you further into your destiny than before. Be encouraged today because with God all things are possible and nothing is ever wasted!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I give You every bit of my life, my past, my present, and my future. Thank you for taking every experience in my life and turning it around for my good. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

14 Apr 2015 04:16 #1204 by DrMike
Open the Door to Abundance

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap...” (Luke 6:38, NIV)

We serve a God of abundance! He wants to pour out His blessing on you until you are so full that you are running over with His goodness. Notice how this verse starts. It says, “Give, and it will be given to you.” Your giving is what sets the blessing of God into motion in your life.

Giving is like a seed. When you plant an apple seed, it doesn’t just grow a single fruit. That one seed grows into a tree that has an abundance of apples. The same thing happens when you obey God in your giving. You get an abundant harvest in return. You are so blessed that you can’t even contain it! You have to just keep giving, and the cycle just keeps repeating itself.

Is there something the Lord is telling you to give today? What do you have in your hand that you can use to be a blessing to someone else? Take a step of faith and set the blessing of God into motion. As you do, you’ll open the door for His abundance to flow in every area of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I receive Your Word into my heart today. Thank You for choosing to bless me so that I can be a blessing to others. Show me ways to bless others and teach me to receive all You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

15 Apr 2015 04:14 - 15 Apr 2015 04:16 #1205 by DrMike
Keep the Joy

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.” (John 16:22, NIV)

Your life is probably so fast paced that it seems to be swirling around you at times. In the midst of a hectic schedule, there are plenty of opportunities to lose your joy. But you don’t have to let any circumstance rob you of the joy that is rightfully yours in Christ. Once you decide to follow God and listen to Him, alone, nothing can take away that joy that is within you. And when your heart is set on joy, no one can wrestle it away from you unless you allow it.

Your enemy is roaming around like a lion — waiting to devour, destroy and rob you of joy 1 Peter 5:8. But he can’t steal what Jesus has given to you in the first place. Today’s verse is a promise from Jesus, Himself — so hold on to the joy that He has put in your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for giving me unspeakable joy in my life. Help me today to hold on to what You have given me and not allow anyone or anything to take it away. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

16 Apr 2015 04:14 #1206 by DrMike
Trust the Father

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“My times are in Your hands...” (Psalm 31:15, NIV)

Throughout the Psalms, David acknowledges that he chose to put his life in the hands of the Lord. In this verse, He was, in essence, saying, “I trust You, God, because I know You are good — my times are in Your hands.” Are you willing to release every area of your life to the Father? Are you willing to trust Him with the times and seasons of your life?

You may be in a situation right now that you don’t fully understand, but take heart — God is a good God, and you can trust Him. He is working behind the scenes on your behalf. If you’ll keep your heart surrendered to Him, you’ll begin to see things change in your favor. As you continue to trust Him, He’ll open doors for you. He’ll take what the enemy meant for evil in your life, and He’ll turn it around for your good. Keep standing, keep believing, and trust Him. Your times are in His hands!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to trust You. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I trust You with my whole life — my times are in Your hands. Help me to stay close to You today so that I can hear Your voice. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

17 Apr 2015 04:29 #1207 by DrMike
The Blessing of Unity

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“How good and pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity...for there the Lord has commanded the blessing.” (Psalm 133:1–3, KJV)

Did you know the Lord has commanded that blessing come upon you when you are at peace with your brothers and sisters in the Lord? As believers, we are called to work together in unity in order to fulfill God’s purposes. We are called to serve one another in love and serve together in the house of the Lord. Is there someone that you don’t quite get along with? Pray for that person. Go out of your way to be a blessing to them. Do your best to walk in peace and unity.

As we serve one another in love, the Bible says the world will know that we are Christians. The world will recognize that we are true followers of Christ by our actions, not by our words. Make the decision today to live in peace and unity with your brothers and sisters in the Lord. If the only thing you can agree on is that Jesus is Lord, focus on that. Focus on the love you have for God and for seeing people come to know Him. As you focus on walking in peace and unity, you will walk into the place of blessing the Lord has commanded for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, search my heart today and see if there is anything that is keeping me from walking in unity with other believers. I choose love today. I choose peace today. I choose unity today. Help me to be an example of love to those around me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

27 Apr 2015 04:15 #1208 by DrMike
Established in God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“No one is established by wickedness, but the root of the righteous will never be moved.” (Proverbs 12:3, ESV)

Do you ever feel tossed around by the storms of life? Have you ever seen a tree in a hurricane? The winds and the rain blow the leaves from the branches, and sometimes the branches are torn off or the tree is blown over. But, the tree’s roots are protected from the weather by being firmly established in the ground. The same is true in our lives. If our thinking is not in line with the Word of God, we become vulnerable during the difficult times. But when our thoughts are in line with God’s thoughts, He plants a righteous root within us. We become firmly established. Our thinking becomes clear so we can be strong and overcome the storms of life.

God wants you to be solid. He wants you to be steady. He wants you to have an established life and character. He wants your roots to grow deep in His Word. He wants you to be righteous in Him. Ask the Lord today to show you any areas of your thought life that might need to be firmly planted in God’s Word. As you develop your relationship with the Lord, you will grow deep spiritual roots and stand victoriously against the storms of life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your plan for my life today. Help me to grow deep roots in my relationship with You. Cause my thoughts to be Your thoughts so that I will be strong and established. Thank You for Your favor and blessing in my life today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

28 Apr 2015 04:35 #1209 by DrMike
It’s All on the Inside

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7, NIV)

When you become a believer in Christ, He begins to work in and through you automatically. Inside, you are becoming a completely new person. No one else around you may notice the change, at least immediately, because people usually only see the outside of a person and what they can see and hear. Sometimes, you yourself may not even see or feel the change. But the fact is that God changed you when you became a believer, and He is still changing you because you belong to Him.

Today, don’t be discouraged if others around you don’t seem to notice the work God is doing in your life. You just remember that a life-changing transformation has taken place in your heart. God sees the difference, He knows what’s inside you and He is bringing victory to every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for Your life-changing power and strength. Give me eyes to see myself and others the way You see them, from the inside out in Jesus’ name. Amen.

29 Apr 2015 04:25 #1210 by DrMike
Appointed Favor

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10, NASB)

God has already prepared paths for you to take in your future! When God laid out the plan for your life, He lined up the right people, the right circumstances and the right breaks. In your future, He’s already released favor, supernatural opportunities and divine connections. The breaks you need in life have already been preordained to come across your path. If you will stay in faith and go out each day and be a person of excellence, you’ll walk into these appointments of favor. It will be just as if you stumbled into God’s blessings!

When you really understand this principle, you’ll begin to get excited about every single day! You’ll have a spring in your step as you think about what blessing is coming next! It could be today. It could be tomorrow. It could be next week. Keep expecting. Keep believing. Stay focused on the fact that God has already released into your future everything you need to fulfill your destiny. Start declaring seasons of increase over your life. Declare that favor is on you and opportunities are coming. As you do, you’ll move forward into the favor and blessing God has ordered for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for setting up a good life for me. Thank You for ordering good things for my future. Help me to understand Your goodness more so that I can trust You and follow Your path for me all the days of my life in Jesus name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.607 seconds