Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

30 Apr 2015 04:19 #1211 by DrMike
Your Secret Petitions

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4, AMP)

God knows the secret petitions of your heart. He knows every hidden dream He’s placed within you. He knows the things that you haven’t told anyone about. Maybe you thought they would never come to pass, or maybe you buried them because they didn’t happen on your timetable. Maybe, in the natural, you have every reason to give up on those dreams.

Be encouraged today — God is still working behind the scenes! He still has a plan to bring those dreams to pass. Do what today’s verse says and delight yourself in Him. The word “delight” actually means “to make yourself soft and pliable.” It paints the picture of God as the Potter and you as the clay. Allow God to mold and shape your character today. Allow Him to direct your plans and ideas. Keep an attitude of faith and expectancy, and as you submit your ways to the Lord and follow His leading, He will fulfill those secret petitions of your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, You said the path of the righteous gets brighter and brighter. You said no good thing will You withhold because I walk uprightly before You. You said because I delight myself in You, You will give me the secret petitions of my heart. Thank You for being in control of my life and for the good things You have in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 May 2015 03:53 #1212 by DrMike
He Will Have Mercy

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Two blind men were sitting beside the road. When they heard that Jesus was coming that way, they began shouting, ‘Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!’ ”(Matthew 20:30, NLT)

Today’s verse talks about two blind men that no one really paid attention to. No one gave them much of a chance — but Jesus did! All through scripture we see that He had such great compassion and mercy, everywhere He went and He still has it today.

Maybe you feel like life has overlooked you. Maybe you feel like the people around you don’t really see what you are going through. Today, know that God sees you. He’ll never overlook you even when people overlook you. He is good and no matter what has happened in your life, remember that His mercy endures forever.

Notice what these men did — they called on Jesus. Even when people tried to quiet them, they called even louder. They had confidence that He would hear them and you can have confidence, too! Be bold and step out in faith, call on Him and trust that He sees you and hears you and He will have mercy!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for Your great mercy and grace. With Your help, I want to step out and act on my faith so that I may see Your great works in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

04 May 2015 04:09 #1213 by DrMike
Praise No Matter What

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel.” (Philippians 1:12, ESV)

We can learn so much from the apostle Paul. He was deliriously happy and joyful because of what Christ had done in his life. Even when he was chained and shackled in a dark prison because of his faith, Paul praised God and counted it a privilege to deliver the message of the gospel. He had His eyes focused on the prize of eternity! He didn’t let a bad day throw him off course. He didn’t get depressed when people didn’t like him. No, He stood confident in Christ knowing that praise prepares the way for victory!

One thing we know is that you can’t defeat a person who is always happy and praising God. If you are in a battle today, if you need a miracle in your circumstances, follow Paul’s example and open your mouth and begin to praise to Him! Develop an attitude of faith and expectancy. Keep your eyes focused on eternity because when you praise God no matter what, you’ll be victorious no matter what and embrace the good things He has for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I set my eyes on You and thank You for ordering my steps. I will praise You because You are good and I trust that no matter what, You are working in my life! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 May 2015 04:17 #1214 by DrMike
Hope For Your Future

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Return to the stronghold, O prisoners who have the hope; this very day I am declaring that I will restore double to you.” (Zechariah 9:12, NASB)

Are you a prisoner of hope? A prisoner of hope is someone who has an attitude of faith and expectancy even when things aren’t going their way. They know that God has a plan to get them through difficulty, a plan to restore their health, finances, dreams, and relationships. You may not be where you want to be today but have hope because all things are subject to change.

In this scripture, God promises to restore double to those who hope in Him. When God restores something, He doesn’t just set things back the way they were before, He goes above and beyond. He makes things better than they were before! That’s a reason to have hope today. That’s a reason to rejoice today! Don’t let circumstances drag you down, instead, choose to be a prisoner of hope and watch what God will do to restore every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your good promises found in Your Word. I choose to be a prisoner of hope. I choose to keep my eyes on you knowing that you are working behind the scenes and you will restore double in every area of my life! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

06 May 2015 05:19 #1215 by DrMike
Living in God’s Power

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26, NIV)

God promises that with Him, all things are possible! Possibility is powerful! Possibility means you aren’t limited. It means you have options. No matter how you may feel right now, you aren’t stuck and you aren’t confined to your circumstances. No, you have a door of possibility in front of you, the question is: will you walk through it? How do you walk through that door of possibility? By placing your faith in Him. By trusting that He is at work even when you can’t see it. By praying and believing and worshiping Him in the good times and bad.

Today, meditate on the fact that God has the power and ability to restore broken families, He can restore lost dreams and work miracles beyond what you could ever imagine in the natural. Choose to trust, choose to believe, look for His goodness and know that with God, all things are possible!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for choosing me and using me for your glory. I rest in knowing that my life is in Your hands. I choose to trust, I choose to believe, I choose to walk in Your power knowing that all things are possible with You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen!

07 May 2015 04:13 #1216 by DrMike
See God’s Faithfulness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph through Christ...”(2 Corinthians 2:14, NASB)

Do you take time to look back and see the victories that God has given you? Do you have them written down somewhere in a journal? It’s so important to meditate on the victory of God in your life everyday because it helps you to take hold of what today’s verse is saying — that God always leads us in triumph!

Today, if you are going through a difficulty, instead of focusing on your problems focus on your God. Declare, “Thank You, God, for leading me into victory!” Meditate on His faithfulness in days past and keep an attitude of expectancy. Give Him thanks and praise because He is leading you into victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness to me in so many situations. Fill me with expectation for what You will do in the future in Jesus’ name! Amen.

08 May 2015 04:06 #1217 by DrMike
Be Blessed

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“All these blessings will come upon you and overtake you if you obey the LORD your God.” (Deuteronomy 28:2, NASB)

God wants His people to live a blessed life. He wants to increase You so that you can be a blessing to others. In scripture, God told Moses that if His people would obey Him, blessing would overtake them like a a flood!

Think about it, how would your life be different if every area were overwhelmed with God’s blessing? Now, think about your life. Are there any areas where you can rise up in your level of obedience to Him? Is there something you know you need to do? Is there someone you know you need to forgive? Are you being faithful in your giving of your time, talent, and resources? If you want to see the floodgates of blessing open, be quick to do what you know you need to do. Obey His leading and watch His hand of blessing overwhelm every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, show me any areas where I need to be more obedient to You. Help me to love others and be an example of goodness everywhere I go. Thank You for choosing me and using me to be a vessel of Your blessing. In Jesus’ Name. Amen!

11 May 2015 03:42 #1218 by DrMike
Giving Back to God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord’s. It is holy to the Lord.” (Leviticus 27:30, NKJV)

Everything we have has been given to us by God. He entrusts us with His resources and wants us to be good stewards of what we have. In scripture, Jesus talks about some men who were entrusted with some resources. They all had different amounts but they were supposed to be faithful and increase what they had. How do we increase what we have? By sowing, by giving, by being faithful and obedient to Him. Just like planting a seed in the natural yields a harvest of increase, when you sow finances to God’s work, you’ll receive an abundant harvest in return.

Remember, God wants to bless you. He wants to increase you. When you give, when you sow, when you honor Him with your first fruits, that’s when you’ll see the windows of Heaven open. That’s when you’ll see His hand of provision and blessing in your life. Give back to God, be a faithful steward, and He will give back to you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for blessing me with seed to sow. I choose to be faithful. I choose to obey Your word. I choose to be a giver knowing that You will increase me in every area of life. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

12 May 2015 04:04 #1219 by DrMike
You are Blessed

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every blessing in heaven because we belong to Christ.” (Ephesians 1:3, TLB)

When you become a follower of Christ, not only do you receive eternal life but you are blessed with spiritual blessings. Scripture tells us that we are blessed with every blessing in heaven. What are the spiritual blessings of heaven? Peace, joy, favor, abundance, grace, and so much more! You are blessed with earthly talents, and you are blessed with spiritual blessings!

Today, let that sink down into your spirit. God has also given you talents, fulfillment, favor and abundance. You are blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. You are blessed with confidence and assurance that your God is who He says He is. You are kept safe and secure in the hand of Almighty God. Think about all of the blessings that God has given you and thank Him for them today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I know that You have richly blessed me, and I thank You! Help me to seek Your favor and live abundantly in Your love in Jesus’ name! Amen.

13 May 2015 04:09 #1220 by DrMike
The Principle of Faithfulness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!” (Matthew 25:23, NIV)

In the book of Genesis, we see that God established a system of sowing and reaping in the earth. When we are faithful with what God has placed in our hands, we position ourselves for increase. Many people pray, “God bless me!” But God is saying, “Are you being faithful with what I have given you?” Scripture tells us that when we are faithful with the little, God will make us ruler over much.

Remember, you can’t reap a harvest without first planting seeds. God has given each of us seeds to sow, so don’t hold on to them! Be faithful to give, be faithful to pray, be faithful to speak life over your future. Develop faithfulness in the small things. Develop faithfulness in your character. Be on time. Keep your word. Be dependable. As you develop faithfulness, God will see your good works and He’ll make you ruler over much!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your promise of faithfulness to me. Make me a faithful follower of You as I seek to serve You in all I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds