Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 May 2015 04:10 #1221 by DrMike
Using Your Time Wisely

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Be very careful, then, how you live — not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity.” (Ephesians 5:15–16, NIV)

If you want to experience God’s best, stay focused on Him and on the things that are truly important. There will always be a thousand interesting and even worthwhile things to fill up your time, but there’s a good chance that most of those things will not help you live the best life that God has planned for you. There are many other activities you could get involved in that may be good in themselves; but if you try to do everything, you’ll wind up being average at a lot of things and not excellent at anything!

Those who are living their best life now have their priorities in order. They make time for key relationships. People are God’s most precious creation and should be important in your life. Make sure to do what it takes to share quality time with those God has placed around you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, I want to live the best life You have planned for me. Today, help me to keep my focus on You and the things that matter the most. In Jesus’ Name. Amen

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 May 2015 04:24 #1222 by DrMike
Keep Looking Ahead!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.” (Proverbs 4:25, NIV)

In order to fulfill your divine destiny, you have to know your purpose. You need a plan and then you must work within that plan. You should wake up each day knowing where you’re going, which direction you will take to get there and what you want to accomplish. Once you find your purpose, stick with it! Don’t allow the distractions of life to get you off course.

Ask yourself, “Is what I’m doing moving me toward my God-given destiny? Am I staying focused? Is this my purpose or am I just wasting my time being busy?” Don’t be distracted and spend your time and energy on things that may be interesting, but are not helping you fulfill your destiny. Remember, God’s plans are blessed and as you walk in His plan for your life, you will experience His abundant blessing on everything you set your hand to!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, Your Word promises that You will guide me if I seek You. Show me how to order my time and arrange my schedule to accomplish Your will. In Jesus’ Name. Amen

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

18 May 2015 04:10 #1223 by DrMike
You Set the Limits

Today’s Scripture “What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God’s faithfulness?” (Romans 3:3, NIV)

There will always be critics and naysayers in life. It’s not what’s said about you that affects your life, but what you say and believe about yourself. Have the opinions of other people caused you to water down your dreams? One of the most important things you can learn is that other people don’t have to believe in you in order for your dreams to come to pass.

Other people don’t set the limits for your life — you do. In Romans 3:3, the Apostle Paul is saying, “It doesn’t matter if other people don’t believe. Their unbelief is not going to keep me from believing in my dreams.” When God puts a promise in your heart, it’s not up to other people to bring it to pass; it’s up to you! You don’t need everyone to validate you. You have to follow the voice of God for yourself and allow Him to order your steps.

God sees the hidden treasures that you’ve had buried on the inside of you. He wants to bring those treasures out and make your dreams a reality! As you get rid of old, defeated thoughts and replace them with what God says about you, you will remove the limits and live the abundant life God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for another day to see Your goodness in my life. Help me to see myself the way You see me. Help me to see the plans You have for me so that I can be empowered by You to fulfill my destiny. I love You and bless Your name today in Jesus’ name. Amen”

19 May 2015 05:25 #1224 by DrMike
Faith of a Child

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18:3, NIV)

Think about the faith of a child. They believe whatever they are told. They have a constant expectancy in their hearts. They keep on asking for what they desire and believe they will receive it!

Scripture says that we must become like little children in our faith. What does that mean? That means we need to have complete reliance on God. We need to trust what He says. We should wake up every day with expectancy in our hearts thinking, “I can’t wait to see what God is going to do today...Today, I could get a good break...Today, I could be a blessing to someone in need.”

When you go out with the faith of a child, you stay determined no matter what happens. No matter what things look like, you know that God will be faithful to His Word. You keep asking until you get an answer, and you are filled with joy until you see it come to pass!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You with the faith of a child asking in faith because You are faithful. I believe and receive every good and perfect gift which comes from You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

20 May 2015 03:43 #1225 by DrMike
Close the Door on Fear

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And do not give the Devil an opportunity to work.” (Ephesians 4:27, ISV)

So many people today are living with less than God’s best because they’ve allowed fear to creep in and take root in their lives. Fear is the greatest weapon the enemy uses to try to hold us back. Fear is not from God. Scripture tells us that fear brings torment. It’s designed to paralyze us and keep us from God’s blessings.

The good news is that God is greater than fear. His power in you is greater than any power that comes against you. But in order to walk in His power, you have to close the door on the enemy of fear. The enemy can’t have access to your life unless you open a door and give him access. That’s why we have to be careful about what we watch, what we listen to, what we read, and what we say. When we open ourselves to fear, we give the enemy opportunity.

If you’ve allowed fear to steal from you in any area of life, today you can be free — you can be finished with fear! It starts by receiving God’s love and meditating on His promises. Meditate on His truth and speak His truth which sets you free! Surround yourself in God’s love and let Him lead you into victory as you close the door on fear.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You in faith declaring that I am finished with fear. Thank You for giving me a spirit of power, love and a sound mind. Fill me with Your peace and joy today as I worship You and move forward in victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

21 May 2015 03:51 #1226 by DrMike
Attitude in Adversity

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 2:5, NIV)

There’s an old saying, “attitude determines altitude.” In other words, a positive, faith-filled attitude will cause you to rise higher in life, but a negative, self-defeated attitude will only drag you down.

When we face adversity, our attitude affects the outcome. Are we going to treat people right even when we’re being mistreated? Are we going to stay full of joy even when the bottom falls out? So many people get all bent out of shape and start complaining when things don’t go their way, but that kind of attitude only closes the door to God’s miracle-working power. The Bible says that faith is what pleases God. Understand that He’s trying to work in your life. He’s trying to get you prepared for promotion, but you’ve got to stay on His side. You’ve got to stand strong and fight that good fight of faith!

If you are going through a difficult time today, keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Start thanking God for bringing you through to the other side. As you stand strong, you’ll rise higher. You’ll come out stronger and wiser, and you will experience the abundant life God has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to have a positive, faith-filled attitude. I choose to bless You and trust You even when things don’t make sense in my natural mind. I know You have a good plan for me and trust that You are working all things out for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen.

22 May 2015 03:56 #1227 by DrMike
Choose Faith over Fear

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“This is my command — be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9, NLT)

Did you know that fear works just like faith but in the opposite direction? Faith opens the door for God to work in our lives; fear opens the door for the enemy to work in our lives.

The Bible says that fear has torment. Fear has no mercy. If you act on fear instead of acting on faith, it will keep you depressed, miserable and lonely. So many people today are missing out on God’s joy, peace and victory because they keep giving in to fear. They feed fear by what they watch on TV or at the movies. They worry and dwell on all the bad things. Don’t let that be you! Romans tells us that faith comes by hearing the Word of God. The more you fill your heart and mind with God’s Word, the stronger you will be so you can stand against the powers of darkness.

Remember, the power that is in you is greater than the power of fear. When thoughts come that say, “You’re not able,” choose faith by saying, “I can do all things through Christ!” Choose faith today so you can overcome fear and live in the freedom and victory God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I receive Your Word today which is life, health and strength to me. I choose to close the door on fear by guarding what I say, what I listen to and what I dwell on. Fill me with Your love and faith as I meditate on Your Word in Jesus’ name. Amen.

25 May 2015 06:47 #1228 by DrMike
Be Great in the Midst of Criticism

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.” (Matthew 5:44, NKJV)

If you’re going to pursue greatness, if you’re going to be a great businessperson, a great teacher, a great parent, a great leader, you have to understand that not everyone is going to cheer you on. I’d love to tell you that your family, friends and co-workers will celebrate you, but that’s not necessarily the case. Some people simply can’t handle your success. As you grow and increase, as God pours out His favor on you, someone will get jealous. Someone will start finding fault. Don’t be surprised if a relative tries to belittle or discredit you. You can’t focus on making everyone around you happy or you’ll start changing and lose sight of what God has placed in your heart.

Remember, your destiny is too great to be distracted by people who are never going to affirm you. Don’t take it personally. It’s not about you. It’s their problem. Shake it off, run your race, and be great anyway.

Having greatness in the midst of criticism begins with forgiveness. Don’t hold a grudge. Bless those who curse you; pray for those who spitefully use you. As you keep doing what is right, God will honor you. He’ll promote you, and you’ll be great in the midst of criticism!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. I choose to forgive those who have criticized me. I choose to bless those who have hurt me. I choose to be great because You have equipped and empowered me to be great in the midst of criticism in Jesus’ name! Amen.

26 May 2015 03:59 #1229 by DrMike
Giant Slayer

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“A man’s gift makes room for him and brings him before great men.” (Proverbs 18:16, NASB)

When people hear the story of David and Goliath, sometimes they think, “That was all God.” And yes, in a sense, it was all God; but God didn’t sling the stone. David had a role to play, too. God gave David the skill that he had to develop in order to be prepared for that defining moment.

Like David, God has put skills inside of you so that you can slay the giants in your life. You have the skills that can open new doors, skills that can lead to an abundant life, but the key is that the skills have to be developed. Every day that you spend growing, learning and improving, you’re getting prepared for that new level.

Today, while you’re waiting for that new opportunity, start sharpening your skills. Study your boss. Study your manager. Learn that position. Be able to step into their shoes. When God sees that you are prepared, then He can open new doors. The scripture says, “Your gifts will make room for you.” Keep developing your skills because there is a giant slayer in you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for depositing in me everything that I need for victory in my life. I choose to be faithful. I choose to sharpen my skills. Help me be prepared for every opportunity You have for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

27 May 2015 04:11 #1230 by DrMike
Water the Right Seeds

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, some multiplying thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times.” (Mark 4:8, NIV)

When somebody calls you something, either good or bad, that seed is planted in the soil of your mind. However, you get to determine whether or not that seed takes root and grows. When you dwell on what was said, you are watering the seed. You’re giving it a right to become a reality. That’s why it’s so important to have a disciplined thought life. It’s great when people tell you, “You’re blessed. You’re talented. You’re going to do great things.” Water those seeds. Meditate on those thoughts throughout the day. That’s what you want to become a reality.

Too often, we water the wrong seeds. We dwell on what the negative people say. The naysayers can’t make a seed take root in your life. All they can do is sow the seed. You have complete control over what seeds are going to take root and grow in your own soil.

Today, you might need to uproot some wrong seeds spoken over you. Let go of the negative and choose to dwell on the good. Dwell on what God says about you. Dwell on His word. Water the right seeds and receive the fruit of His blessing!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to focus on the good in my life. I choose to water the right seeds planted in the soil of my mind. I ask for Your grace and wisdom daily as I set my heart and mind on You in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds