Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

28 May 2015 04:11 #1231 by DrMike
Yoke Destroyer

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.” (Isaiah 10:27, KJV)

A yoke is something that is put around the neck of an ox to help control the animal. It limits its movement. If the ox starts to get off course, the yoke is used to pull it back. Even though an ox is very powerful, this small yoke keeps it from doing what it wants to do.

Some people don’t realize today that they’re living with a yoke around their neck. They wonder why they can’t get ahead or why everything is a struggle. It’s because of the yokes that are dragging them down. Negative words that were spoken over you can become a yoke. Every time you start to step out, you hear that voice, that parent, that coach saying, “You’re not that talented; you don’t have what it takes.” It plays again and again. Eventually, you shrink back. That’s a yoke.

Today, know that God’s burden-moving, yoke-destroying power will set you free! Call on Him and let Him set you free from every bondage of the past. Choose to forgive and release the yoke of bitterness. Don’t go around being burdened any longer. Study His Word and let His anointing set you free to live in total victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for destroying every yoke off of my life. I choose to surrender every hurt and pain of the past to You. I choose Your Word which is life to my soul. Thank You for Your anointing at work in my life to destroy every yoke and set me free in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 May 2015 03:48 #1232 by DrMike
You’ve Struggled Long Enough

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” (Exodus 14:14, NIV)

All through life, the enemy tries to stop us with a yoke of bondage — a yoke of depression, a yoke of low self-esteem, a yoke of compromise. He’ll try to burden you down so that everything is a struggle. You may be working hard, but you can’t get ahead because you have all these yokes controlling you.

Maybe you’ve been living with a yoke your whole life. It’s been passed down to you. Maybe you don’t realize it. You can’t seem to get ahead. You’re struggling in your marriage. Your children won’t do what’s right. Low self-esteem, that’s all you’ve known. But God said to the Israelites, “I have seen the affliction of My people, and I am coming down to deliver them.” God sees every yoke, every unfair situation, everything that you struggle with. He doesn’t just sit back and say, “Well, too bad.” No, He says, “I’m coming down to do something about it.” You don’t have to worry. The yoke destroyer is on the way. God is saying, “I’m coming down to put an end to that struggle. I’m shifting things in your favor. I’m delivering you from addictions. I’m removing the burden and setting you free to walk into the fullness of your destiny.”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for fighting my battles. Thank You for delivering me from all my enemies. I will stand and see Your goodness and praise You for Your faithfulness in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

01 Jun 2015 04:16 #1233 by DrMike
A Gift from God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.” (Ephesians 2:8, NKJV)

We serve such a generous and loving God. He loves you so much that there isn’t anything He wouldn’t do in order to have a relationship with you. The Bible tells us that sin separates man from God, but God doesn’t want to be separated from any of us. That’s why He sent Jesus into the world — to pay the penalty for sin so that we could live in eternity with Him.

So many people today think they have to earn their way to heaven. They think they have to be “good enough” or “do the right thing” in order to be accepted by God. They want to “clean up” before they come to Him. But notice what today’s verse says — salvation is a gift from God. You can’t earn a gift. You don’t pay for it. You can only receive it by faith and say thank You. If you’ve never received Jesus as the Lord of your life, there’s no better time to receive this free gift. Let Him fill you with His peace and joy both now and throughout eternity.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You today giving You all that I am. Thank You for the gift of salvation through Your Son. Jesus, I believe You died and rose for me, and I invite You now to be the Lord of every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

02 Jun 2015 03:54 #1234 by DrMike
Break the Yoke of Average

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” (Ephesians 3:20–21, NKJV)

God never created you to be ordinary. He created you to leave your mark on this generation. God wants you to do something big. He wants you to go further than anyone in your family. You have seeds of greatness on the inside. That yoke of average that’s been around your neck is coming off. God is about to thrust you to a new level of destiny. It’s going to be exceedingly, abundantly above and beyond what you could ever imagine! This is a new day, and you’re going to see the yoke-destroying, burden-removing power of our God like never before!

If you will receive this into your spirit and not talk yourself out of it, it will ignite your faith and become a reality. Let it go beyond being an encouragement and grab hold of it in your spirit. Believe, “This is for me. This is my destiny. Something new is being birthed. Yokes are coming off of me. Chains are being broken. I am stepping in to the fullness of my destiny!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for doing exceedingly, abundantly above all I could ask, think or imagine. Break the yoke of average off of my life and show me the amazing plan You have for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

03 Jun 2015 04:00 #1235 by DrMike
Your Original Software

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will.” (Romans 12:2, NIV)

Our minds work like a computer. The way you program it is the way it’s going to function. You can have the most powerful computer made, but if you put the wrong software in it, it’s not going to function like it was designed. We’ve all had to deal with these computer viruses. All these problems occur not because the computer is defective, but because somebody contaminated the software.

In the same way, when God created you, He stepped back and said, “Another masterpiece.” Your hardware is perfect. From the very beginning, He programmed you to be victorious, healthy, strong and creative. He programmed, “Whatever you touch will prosper and succeed.” He programmed, “The head and not the tail. Lend and not borrow. Victor and not victim.”

That’s how your Creator designed you. But the reason we don’t always experience this abundant life is because we’ve allowed viruses to contaminate our software. Because our software is infected, we go around with low self-esteem, negative and doubtful. It’s time to reprogram your mind with the Word of God! Meditate on what He says about you, delete the viruses, and get back to your original software!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for making me in Your image. Help me to see any areas where my thinking is contaminated. I choose to meditate on Your Word daily so I can live the life You’ve prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

04 Jun 2015 03:57 #1236 by DrMike
Breaking Strongholds

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds.” (2 Corinthians 10:4, NKJV)

Scripture tells us that there is a battle going on in our minds. Our thoughts dictate our actions. That’s why the enemy will do everything he can to get you thinking in the wrong direction. Sometimes, it’s not our own thoughts that are holding us back; sometimes it’s that we’ve believed the negative things that other people have spoken. Those words are like seeds. If you dwell on them long enough, they’ll take root and become reality.

In life, there will always be people telling you what cannot be done, speaking negative things. Too often we latch on to those negative words and develop what the scripture calls a “stronghold.” That’s a wrong thought or action that keeps us from God’s best. The way you break those negative strongholds is by rejecting the lie, forgiving the person, and embracing the truth of God’s Word. In other words, you have to choose to delete that negative file in your mind.

Today, why don’t you take inventory of your thought life? Ask yourself, “Where did these thoughts come from? Do they line up with what God says about me?” Break the negative strongholds and embrace God’s truth so you can be all that God has called you to be!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to reject negative thoughts. I choose to reject lies from the past. I break every stronghold through the power of Your Word and embrace Your truth which sets me free in Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 Jun 2015 06:00 #1237 by DrMike
The Way You Should Go

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.” (Psalm 32:8, NIV)

Do you need direction in your life today? Maybe you are facing an important decision in your job, at home or in your relationships. Know this: God Himself will teach you what you should do. He promises to show you the path you should take. He’s watching over you and giving you advice every step of the way!

Understand that God’s not just concerned with the goal or end result. It’s not just about getting you from point “A” to point “B.” He is with you every step of the way during the entire process. He wants to see your character develop and mature. He wants you to grow in faith and understanding. Most times, our growth in life happens when circumstances seem to be the most uncertain. Those uncertain times cause us to rely more on God. But no matter how uncertain things may seem, God still has His eye on you. He’s making sure you make the right choices. He’s working with you to shape your character and attitude. Remember, He’s promised to never leave you nor forsake you. You may not always see what’s up ahead, but know that He’s instructing you and teaching you in the way you should go!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for teaching and guiding me and giving me direction in my life. I receive Your counsel today. Help me to be more like You and to hear You clearly in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Jun 2015 04:04 #1238 by DrMike
The Way You Should Go

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.” (Psalm 32:8, NIV)

Do you need direction in your life today? Maybe you are facing an important decision in your job, at home or in your relationships. Know this: God Himself will teach you what you should do. He promises to show you the path you should take. He’s watching over you and giving you advice every step of the way!

Understand that God’s not just concerned with the goal or end result. It’s not just about getting you from point “A” to point “B.” He is with you every step of the way during the entire process. He wants to see your character develop and mature. He wants you to grow in faith and understanding. Most times, our growth in life happens when circumstances seem to be the most uncertain. Those uncertain times cause us to rely more on God. But no matter how uncertain things may seem, God still has His eye on you. He’s making sure you make the right choices. He’s working with you to shape your character and attitude. Remember, He’s promised to never leave you nor forsake you. You may not always see what’s up ahead, but know that He’s instructing you and teaching you in the way you should go!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for teaching and guiding me and giving me direction in my life. I receive Your counsel today. Help me to be more like You and to hear You clearly in Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 Jun 2015 04:04 #1239 by DrMike
Never Stumble

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Great peace have those who love Your law, and nothing causes them to stumble.” (Psalm 119:165, NKJV)

Everything you need in this life is found in the Word of God-direction, healing, peace, joy and provision. No matter what situation you may be facing today, you can live in peace and victory and find your answer by studying God’s Word and applying it in your life!

Notice this verse says that the people who love God’s Word have great peace. How do you love God’s Word? By studying it, meditating on it and obeying His commands. That’s when you can walk in the fullness of His blessing. That’s when you will see His promises come to pass in your life.

When you hold God’s Word in your heart, there’s nothing that can take it away from you. There’s nothing that can make you stumble and fall. His Word is complete protection from offense, from worry, from bitterness, from fear. His Word is truth that sets you free and gives you His total peace! Love His Word and never stumble!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word which is truth that sets me free and light that guides my path. I choose to follow Your Word because I love and honor You. Give me Your strength and great peace today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Jun 2015 04:08 #1240 by DrMike
Eat the Good of the Land

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land.” (Isaiah 1:19, NIV)

God wants you to have the best in life. He wants to give you the good of the land. God tells us in His Word how to take hold of His promises in our lives. Notice this verse doesn’t say that just obedience will cause you to eat the good of the land; it says we have to be willing and obedient. In other words, God isn’t just concerned with our actions. He’s looking at the motives of our hearts. He doesn’t want us to be robots. He wants us to know Him and obey Him because we love Him. He wants us to understand His goodness and kindness which draws our hearts toward Him. He wants us to receive His love that causes us to respond to Him with love and obedience in return.

Don’t just serve God out of obligation today. Don’t just read the Word because you think you have to. Instead, open your heart and see His goodness. Receive His love and acknowledge His faithfulness in your life. Let your willing obedience open the door to God’s blessing!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, search my heart today. Remove anything that stands in the way of my love for You. I choose to willingly obey You and thank You for giving me Your best in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.726 seconds