Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

23 Jul 2015 06:46 #1271 by DrMike
You are Alive

Today’s Scripture

“And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins.”(Ephesians 2:1, NKJV)

Jesus came to give us life! Think about that for a minute right now. You used to be dead in your sins and trespasses; you used to have no hope. You used to live in fear. But once you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you weren’t dead in your sin anymore. You now have hope for the future. You are alive in Christ!

God wants you to live life to the fullest today. It doesn’t matter how you may feel or what you are facing, start thanking God for giving you life. Even if He didn’t do another thing for us, giving us eternal life is more than enough reason to praise and thank Him every day. Thank Him for eyes to see and ears to hear. Thank Him for the air that you breathe. Thank Him for loving you and making you alive today!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ today. Thank You that I am new. Show me how to live every day to the fullest so that I can enjoy life the way You intended in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jul 2015 03:55 #1272 by DrMike
Give Thought to Your Ways

Today’s Scripture

“The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps.” (Proverbs 14:15, NIV)

One of the characteristics of a prudent person is that they give thought to their ways. So many people today just act, or react, based on their emotions or circumstances. They let the world around them determine how they should feel or what they should do. They believe everything they hear in the news. When the economy is up, they are up. When the economy is down, they are down. Don’t let that be you today! Give thought to your ways.

Submit every decision to the Lord in prayer and allow Him to direct you from inside your heart. Don’t believe everything you hear. Let the Lord guide your steps. As you take time to meditate before the Lord and submit your plans to Him, Proverbs says that your ways will be established. You will find supernatural peace that passes understanding, and you will live in success all the days of your life. Give thought to your ways!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your faithfulness to me. Thank You for guiding and directing my steps. Help me each day to give thought to my ways and follow the good plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

27 Jul 2015 04:07 #1273 by DrMike
New Creation

Today’s Scripture

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Corinthians 5:17, NIV)

Everyone loves to get something new. But as a believer in Jesus, you’re not only getting something new, you are something new. You are a brand new creation! Your eternal being, the spirit on the inside of you, is re-created in Christ. The old is gone, the new has come.

The Bible also talks about working out our salvation. That means you have to retrain your body and mind to act, think, speak and live according to the new spirit within you instead of the old habits you used to have. Don’t ever get stuck in a rut thinking, “I’ll never change...that’s just the way I am.” No, the Bible says that the Spirit of God aids us in our weakness. He gives us strength to overcome. He empowers us to live as more than conquerors.

Is there something you want to change in your life today? Remember, you are a new creation in Christ. You are empowered to overcome. You are equipped to walk in the new, abundant life the Lord has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for making me a new creation. Thank You for empowering me to live as an overcomer. I give this day to You and ask You to help me fully understand the plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

30 Jul 2015 07:16 #1274 by DrMike
Wonderful Counselor

Today’s Scripture

“For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father [of Eternity], Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6, AMP)

Do you need guidance or counsel about something in your life? One of the reasons Jesus came to earth was to be your Wonderful Counselor. When you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, the Counselor, the Spirit of God comes to live inside of you.

Notice He’s not just any kind of counselor, He is the Wonderful Counselor. He’s the very best counselor you could have because He knows all things!

Do you need counsel today regarding your job? Do you need counsel regarding your relationships or an important decision? Do you need a counselor to act as your defender today? Call on the Wonderful Counselor. Open your heart and let Him show you His wisdom. Receive His truth from the Word of God. Receive His counsel from the godly people in your life. Keep your heart open to Him because He promises to show you paths of life and victory!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your Spirit that lives inside of me. I choose Your guidance today. Speak to my heart and show me Your love. Lead me in Your path of life and victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

31 Jul 2015 03:53 #1275 by DrMike
The Lord is with You

Today’s Scripture

“...O favored one [endued with grace]! The Lord is with you!...”(Luke 1:28, AMP)

You are favored today because the Lord is with you! God promises that He is no respecter of persons. If you are a believer in Jesus today, He is with you, and you are endued with His grace. That means you have God’s supernatural empowerment to do whatever you need to do today. You have God’s power at work, you have God’s power at home, you have God’s power in your relationships—you are empowered to accomplish everything you need to today.

Remember, you and God are a majority. Receive His grace and favor by thanking and praising Him. Declare that you are empowered by Him to walk in victory today and every day because He is with you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your grace and favor in my life. Thank You for choosing me and for being faithful. I receive Your promises right now. Give me a revelation of Your power at work in me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

05 Aug 2015 06:35 #1276 by DrMike
Mustard Seed Faith

Today’s Scripture

“If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea’ and it will obey you.” (Luke 17:6, NIV)

A mustard seed is a very small thing, but when it’s planted, it grows into a huge tree. In the same way, Jesus is saying that a little bit of faith can bring tremendous results! As a believer in Him, you already have enough faith on the inside of you to overcome any obstacle. The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you! It doesn’t matter if you grew up in church or not; it doesn’t matter what you know or don’t know, God wants to work in your life today! You may not see how, but all you have to do is believe God. With God, all things are possible!

Do you have mustard seed faith today? That’s all you need. Put your faith into action by declaring promises. Praise Him and thank Him for the victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I confess my trust and reliance on You. Thank You for depositing seeds of faith in my heart so that I can live in total victory. I believe that with You all things are possible in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

06 Aug 2015 06:39 #1277 by DrMike
Love Never Fails

Today’s Scripture

“Love never fails...” (1 Corinthians 13:8, NIV)

We all have people in our lives that are difficult at times. Maybe it’s someone you work with, a family member, or even your spouse. Relationships can be complicated, but always remember: love never fails.

The Word of God clearly defines love in 1 Corinthians 13. It says that love is patient and kind. It doesn’t seek its own way. It keeps no record of wrongs. And most importantly, love never fails. Notice that this chapter on love doesn’t talk at all about how you feel. God’s love isn’t about feelings. It’s a choice. You can choose to be patient, even when you don’t feel like being patient. You can choose to be kind, even when you don’t feel like being kind.

No matter what situation you find yourself in, you can choose love. You are never more like God than when you are walking in love. When you are walking in love, you will never fail because love never fails. Open your heart and receive God’s love today!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your love which never fails. Thank You for filling me and setting me free to love others. Empower me, by Your Spirit, to walk in love no matter what I may face today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

07 Aug 2015 03:42 #1278 by DrMike
He Prepares Your Path

Today’s Scripture

“I will go before you and make the crooked places straight...” (Isaiah 45:2, NKJV)

Do you ever feel like that every time you try to move forward in something, you hit a roadblock? Maybe something happens that throws you off course? Be encouraged today because right now, God is going before you. He’s preparing a way. It may not be the way you thought, but you can be sure that God’s ways are higher than our own. Trust that He is making your crooked places straight and your rough places smooth.

You may be going through a difficult time right now, but it’s not the end. It’s only the beginning. God has equipped you for this journey. Keep speaking words of faith and listen for His still, small voice. Trust that He is leading and guiding you. Keep an attitude of praise and thanksgiving and move forward in the good things He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank You for preparing my path in life. I trust that You are restoring my soul and leading me into victory in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

11 Aug 2015 03:44 #1279 by DrMike
Love Never Fails

Today’s Scripture

“Love never fails...” (1 Corinthians 13:8, NIV)

We all have people in our lives that are difficult at times. Maybe it’s someone you work with, a family member, or even your spouse. Relationships can be complicated, but always remember: love never fails.

The Word of God clearly defines love in 1 Corinthians 13. It says that love is patient and kind. It doesn’t seek its own way. It keeps no record of wrongs. And most importantly, love never fails. Notice that this chapter on love doesn’t talk at all about how you feel. God’s love isn’t about feelings. It’s a choice. You can choose to be patient, even when you don’t feel like being patient. You can choose to be kind, even when you don’t feel like being kind.

No matter what situation you find yourself in, you can choose love. You are never more like God than when you are walking in love. When you are walking in love, you will never fail because love never fails. Open your heart and receive God’s love today!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your love which never fails. Thank You for filling me and setting me free to love others. Empower me, by Your Spirit, to walk in love no matter what I may face today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

12 Aug 2015 03:36 #1280 by DrMike
The Door to Love

Today’s Scripture

“Therefore I tell you, her sins, many [as they are], are forgiven her—because she has loved much. But he who is forgiven little loves little.” (Luke 7:47, AMP)

Did you know that forgiveness opens the door for love to operate in your life? Today’s verse is talking about the story of the woman with the alabaster box of costly perfume. She was a notorious sinner in her day, but when she encountered Jesus, her life changed. She fell at His feet in worship and began washing His feet with her tears and drying them with her hair. When she received Christ’s forgiveness, love was the automatic response. She was forgiven much, and her love was extravagant.

Do you want more love in your life? Do you want to feel more of God’s love and have stronger relationships with the people around you? Open your heart to forgiveness. Receive Christ’s forgiveness and extend it to others. When you are forgiven much, you will love much, and His love will empower you to rise higher in every area of life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, Thank You for loving me. Thank You for Your forgiveness which opens the door for Your love to flow through me. Help me to be Your light and Your example of love to those around me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.748 seconds