Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

30 Sep 2015 06:18 #1301 by DrMike
Sealed By God

Today’s Scripture

“‘...I will make you like my signet ring, for I have chosen you,’ declares the LORD Almighty.” (Haggai 2:23, NIV)

We don’t often hear about signet rings anymore; but in Bible times, they were very significant. The signet ring was used to identify the message or messenger and the authority they had. In other words, you knew something was from the king because it was marked by his signet ring. It was representative of power and authority. This verse is saying that you are the mark of authority of Almighty God. You have been chosen and set apart to be identified with Him.

When you have someone’s power and authority, you have access to everything they have. It’s like having power of attorney; you have the authority to act on behalf of that individual. As a believer in Jesus, you are marked with His seal. Think of all you have access to today! Think about the authority you have. Everything He has is available to you—healing, provision, strength, peace, joy. You have been given authority to “sign His name” in order to receive His blessings. You are God’s seal, and you are marked to live the abundant life He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for choosing me and calling me Your own. Help me to fully understand the authority You’ve given by Your Son, Jesus. I receive all You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Oct 2015 03:39 #1302 by DrMike
Encourage Yourself

Today’s Scripture

“David was greatly distressed, for the men spoke of stoning him...But David encouraged and strengthened himself in the Lord his God.”
(1 Samuel 30:6, AMP)

It’s good to have friends and family around to cheer you up when you’re down, but in order to truly live in victory, that encouragement has to come from the inside. When your mind is telling you it’s not worth it, when your circumstances seem difficult, deep down inside, your spirit has to have the resolve that says, “I refuse to settle where I am.” That’s what David had to do. He was facing a major setback. His family was killed, his city was destroyed, and his own people were now against him, but he still managed to encourage himself in the Lord. How did he do that? He replayed in his mind the victories from the past. He recounted God’s faithfulness. As he rehearsed over and over the goodness of God, strength began to rise in his heart.

There are so many places you can see the hand of God at work. Thank Him for saving you today. Thank Him for the miracle of life. Thank Him for His faithfulness. Focus on the fact that God didn’t bring you this far to leave you now. Stir up that inner strength and encouragement. As you do, you’ll rise higher and higher and live the life of victory the Lord prepared for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, thank You for Your faithfulness today. I choose to focus on You and the good things You have prepared for my future. I thank You for making a way out of no way, and I will bless You always in Jesus name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

02 Oct 2015 06:19 #1303 by DrMike
Make Way for Victory

Today’s Scripture

“But thanks be to God, Who gives us the victory [making us conquerors] through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Corinthians 15:57, AMP)

God desires that you live in victory in every area of your life. The Scripture says He always causes us to triumph through Christ Jesus! No matter what you may be facing today, God wants to make you more than a conqueror. Are you battling sickness? God wants to give you healing. Are you struggling with a broken relationship? God wants to give you restoration and peace.

Are you facing a need—physically, spiritually or emotionally? God wants to give you provision and supply all of your needs according to His riches in glory.

Notice this verse starts out by saying, “Thanks be to God.” In the Bible, when God’s people were going into battle, many times they sent the worshipers out in front of the warriors. When you choose to be thankful and bless the Lord in the midst of your battle, you are making a way for Him to move in your life. Start today by thanking Him for His goodness. I say it all the time, magnify your God. Don’t magnify your problems. Give Him the thanks and praise as He leads you into victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, today I give You thanks for Your mercy and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for leading me into victory! I magnify You and bless Your holy name today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

05 Oct 2015 03:43 #1304 by DrMike
Living the Full Life

Today’s Scripture

“The earth is the Lord’s, and the fullness of it...” (Psalm 24:1, AMP)

God wants you to live an abundant and satisfied life. He wants you to enjoy the fullness of the earth and life’s experiences. When you open your mind to new things and new situations, you are broadening your horizons and opening yourself to new opportunities.

It’s easy to get stuck in a rut, doing the same thing the same way all the time. But when you open yourself to new people and new ideas, you are making room for God to reveal Himself to you. You are making room for Him to work in your life. Make the decision to explore something new this week. Take a different route home from work. Try something new on the menu at lunch. Be open to new people who may not necessarily look like you or act like you. Let God direct and broaden your horizons. As you do, you’ll encounter new opportunities and live the satisfied, full life the Lord has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, I open my heart and mind to You today. I ask that You help me broaden my perspective so I can experience the full life You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

06 Oct 2015 03:42 #1305 by DrMike
Safety in Numbers

Today’s Scripture

“Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory.”
(Proverbs 11:14, NASB)

Are you facing an important decision today? God wants to give you the answer. He wants to direct your steps. Many times, He will speak to us through the people He has placed in our lives. That’s why the Bible says that safety is found in a multitude of advisors.

God designed us to live in families, communities and congregations. We need to be open to receiving input from the people who are close to us. That doesn’t mean you have to follow everything everyone tells you. But if you’re in a particular situation or relationship, and all the people around you are giving you the same word of caution, it might be God trying to get a message to you. Take that advice and bring it before the Lord in prayer. Ask Him to confirm His perfect plan to your heart. Remember, wisdom comes from God, and wise counsel will always be in agreement with God’s Word. He will always confirm the answer when you ask Him.

Whatever you are facing today, be open to receiving wise counsel. As you do, you will be blessed and protected and walk in confidence down the path the Lord has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, thank You for the people You have placed in my life as wise counsel. Help me understand Your truth so that I can make godly choices. Keep me close to You always and lead me in the way everlasting in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

07 Oct 2015 03:37 #1306 by DrMike
A New Way of Thinking

Today’s Scripture

“And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins.” (Mark 2:22, NKJV)

Are you ready for increase? Are you ready to go to the next level spiritually, physically and emotionally? In today’s verse, Jesus is basically saying that you can’t go to a new level with an old way of thinking.

I’ve found that many people hear the truth that God has more in store for them, and something resonates on the inside. Their spirit comes into agreement with God. But oftentimes, their natural minds will try to talk them out it. Thoughts come like, “It’s not going to happen for you. You’re not going to have a great year. You know what the economy is like.” Or, “You’re never going to get well. You saw what the medical report said.” “You’re never going to get married. You’ve been single so long.”

Friend, those are the old wineskins that you have to get rid of. This is a new season. What’s happened in the past is over and done. You may have been through some disappointments; you may have tried and failed, or things didn’t work out. That’s okay. We serve a God of restoration. It’s time to get a new vision for your life. It’s time to open yourself to a new way of thinking so that you can move forward and receive all of the blessings God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, today I choose to get rid of old wineskins. I choose to release old thinking, old habits and anything that would keep me from Your best. Strengthen me by Your Spirit so that I can live my life in a way that pleases You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

08 Oct 2015 04:05 #1307 by DrMike
The Overflow of Your Heart

Today’s Scripture

“...For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.” (Matthew 12:34, NKJV)

Have you said something recently that you wish you hadn’t? The Bible says that your words reveal what’s going on inside of you. If you go around speaking negative words of defeat, putting others down and complaining all the time, it’s a sign that you need to refocus your heart and mind. It’s a sign that your “overflow” is polluted.

Our bodies work a lot like a computer. What you put on the hard drive of your heart will show up on the monitor of your mouth. The good news is that you can reprogram your mind the same way you can reprogram a computer. The Bible says that our minds are renewed—or reprogrammed—by the Word of God. The more you read and study His Word, the more it will transform you from the inside out. Start today by asking the Lord to reveal anything in your heart that needs changing. Make Him first place in your life. Fill your heart with the good treasure of God’s Word so that blessings come out of your mouth. Let the overflow of your heart be filled with faith and expectancy, and you’ll see God’s hand of blessing in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, I humbly come before You and ask that You cleanse my heart and mind of anything that isn’t pleasing to You. Fill me with Your faith, peace, joy and love so that I can overflow with Your goodness today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

09 Oct 2015 04:00 #1308 by DrMike
He Gives Good Gifts

Today’s Scripture

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father...”
(James 1:17, NKJV)

God has so many good and perfect gifts in store for you. Not only does He offer eternal life through His Son, Jesus, but the Bible is filled with His generous and abundant promises in this life. He wants to bless you with provision and supply all your needs according to His riches in glory. He wants to pour out His abundant favor on you and cause everything you do to prosper. He wants to bless you with spiritual gifts to make you strong in your inner man. He wants you to enjoy your job and be proud of your work at the end of the day. These are all gifts from God.

Every good gift from God is meant to draw us closer to Him. Oftentimes, people have a picture of God shaped by experiences that have happened in the past or experiences with their earthly father. I encourage you today to let go of any past ideas and see God according to His Word. He is good and faithful, and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him! Seek Him today and experience the life of blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, thank You for Your good and perfect gifts. I open my heart to You today and ask that You help me see Your goodness so that I can know You more in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

12 Oct 2015 03:56 #1309 by DrMike
He Places the Solitary in Families

Today’s Scripture

“God places the solitary in families...” (Psalm 68:6, NKJV)

Most everyone goes through times in life when they feel a little lonely or wonder where they belong. God designed family to always be a place of love and acceptance. Maybe you didn’t come from an environment like that, or maybe you’ve been away from your family. Maybe they are no longer around. God still desires to meet that need for family. The Bible says that He is the Father to the fatherless, and He places the solitary in families.

God wants to give you a circle of people you can trust who will embrace and accept you.
If you need family today, ask God to meet that need and show you where you belong. Or, maybe you are the one who can open your home and heart to someone who is alone.

The point is that God loves family. He designed family for a purpose. Jesus said in Matthew 12 that those who do God’s will are His family. When you are part of the family of God, you are never alone! He promises to never leave you nor forsake you. He promises to fill you with His peace and joy so that you can live as an overcomer all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, thank You for showing me Your design for family. Thank You for accepting and embracing me always. Show me how I can reach out and be an example of family in someone else’s life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

13 Oct 2015 03:57 #1310 by DrMike
Sweet Fragrance

Today’s Scripture

“For we are the sweet fragrance of Christ [which exhales] unto God...” (2 Corinthians 2:15, AMP)

Our lives are supposed to be a sweet fragrance to God. Think about how a wonderful aroma affects you personally. When it’s springtime and the flowers are blossoming, everything feels new again. The sweet aroma in the air is a sign that the flowers are fresh and alive. It catches your attention! It makes you want to take a deep breath and partake of the wonderful sweet fragrance.

God feels the same way about you! He loves wonderful aromas, and when you are living your life to please Him, it’s a beautiful fragrance that captures His attention! Just like the aroma in springtime is a sign that the flowers are alive, the aroma of your life is a sign that Christ is alive in you. It is pleasing to the Father! The next time you experience a fresh fragrance, remember that your life is a fragrance unto God. You can rest in knowing that He is pleased with a heart that seeks after Him. As you continue to seek Him, you’ll be that sweet fragrance and experience His wonderful hand of blessing in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, I come to You today surrendering all that I am. May everything I do please You and be a wonderful fragrance to You. Keep me close to You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.930 seconds