Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

17 Sep 2010 04:39 #91 by DrMike
Take Off the Limits

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"I have seen that everything [human] has its limits and end [no matter how extensive, noble, and excellent]; but Your commandment is exceedingly broad and extends without limits [into eternity]" (Psalm 119:96, AMP)

Did you know you can limit your life by dwelling on the wrong things? So often, wrong thinking keeps people stuck right where they are. If you think you'll never accomplish your dreams, those thoughts will hold you back. If you think you don't have the talent, the connections or the funds, then you are limiting yourself. You are blocking what God can do in your life.

It's time to take the limits off and trust God. He isn't limited to this earthly realm; His ways are higher than our ways. We serve a supernatural God. Just because you don't see a way doesn't mean that God doesn't have a way. God can bring one opportunity across your path that will thrust you to a whole new level. He has explosive blessings in store that can blast you out of where you are and into a place of abundance. If you'll shift your focus from this earthly realm and start looking with your eyes of faith, you'll see His unlimited possibilities for your future. Take the limits off by setting your thoughts on what God Almighty can do in your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I lift my eyes to You. You alone are the source of my strength, peace and provision. I choose to delight myself in You knowing that You will give me the desires of my heart. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2010 05:14 #92 by DrMike
He is a Rewarder

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6, NIV)

Do you see God as a rewarder today? Notice this verse doesn't say that God rewards those who "deserve" it or have "earned" it. It doesn't say that God rewards those who act perfectly and never make mistakes. No, God's blessing isn't based on our performance, it's based on our faith—our belief in Him and His goodness. In fact, one verse says that He longs to be good to those who are looking for His goodness.

I encourage you today to spend some time meditating on His goodness and dwelling on His faithfulness. Spend some time reading the Psalms and begin to praise and thank Him for all He is doing. Imagine through your eyes of faith all the wonderful things He has prepared for you. Let His Word shape your thoughts; and remember, He is a rewarder! He wants to bless you today because you earnestly seek after Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for filling my heart and mind with faith. You are good, and You are a rewarder. I choose to put my trust in You knowing that You have blessings in store for my future. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

21 Sep 2010 04:43 #93 by DrMike
He's Working on Your Behalf

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28, NIV)

Isn't it good to know that God is working behind the scenes in your life, today? No matter what you may be facing, no matter what trial you may be going through, God has a plan to turn things around in your favor. You are called according to His purpose; so right now, He is working out a plan for your good. Right now, He is orchestrating the right people to come across your path. He is orchestrating the right opportunities to open up to you. You may not see it in the natural, but look with your eyes of faith today. Show your love for the Father by your obedience to His Word. Come before Him with an open and humble heart trusting that He is guiding you. Keep standing. Keep believing. Keep hoping. Keep declaring His Word and meditate on His goodness, knowing that He rewards the people who seek after Him.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for working all things together for my good. Give me Your strength and peace today and fill me with Your faith which overcomes the world. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

22 Sep 2010 05:40 #94 by DrMike
Reflect Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility” (Philippians 2:5, AMP)

When you reflect something, you are exhibiting its likeness. You are displaying its characteristics. Like a mirror, the Bible tells us that we should reflect the character and likeness of Jesus. We should have His same attitude.

That may sound like a pretty tall order; after all, Jesus was the Son of God. But remember, when we accept Him as our Lord and Savior, we become sons and daughters of the Most High God, too. We become empowered by the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead. That means we have the same spirit of humility—the same strength, the same love, and the same power on the inside. We are equipped to follow His example and do what He did. What did He do? The scripture says that Jesus walked the earth. He went around doing good and bringing healing to others; physically, spiritually and emotionally.

Notice that today’s verse starts by saying, “Let...” See, we have to open the door for God to work in our attitudes and actions. We have to be the ones to invite Him in. When we open our hearts and minds to Him, we will reflect Him in our attitudes and actions. Just like Jesus, we’ll bring good to others and reap an abundant harvest of blessing in every area in return.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I invite You to dwell in my thoughts, heart and attitude. I choose to follow Your example and bring good to others. Help me to be a pure reflection of Your love in everything I do. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

23 Sep 2010 04:37 #95 by DrMike
It's No Surprise to God

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph…"(2 Corinthians 2:14, AMP)

In life, we all have to deal with the unexpected. Just because we're believers, just because we're good people or doing the right thing doesn't make us exempt from trouble. The scripture says, "The rain falls on the just and the unjust." In times when something unexpected happens, or you find yourself facing a crisis, you don't have to go into "panic mode" or fall apart emotionally. Remember, that crisis is no surprise to God. It may be unexpected to you, but God knows the end from the beginning. He has solutions to problems that you haven't even had. He has equipped you for every battle, and He goes before you making your crooked places straight.

Today, focus on the fact that He is with you. Remember that He is walking with you and guiding you to a place of peace and victory. No matter what has happened, He will take what the enemy meant for evil and turn it around for your good! He always leads us in victory, so keep moving forward trusting in the good plan He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I come to You with an open and humble heart. I thank You for the victory that You have in store for me even when I can't see it. I choose to trust You and Your goodness knowing that You are faithful. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

24 Sep 2010 05:01 #96 by DrMike
The Apple of His Eye
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Keep me as the apple of Your eye...” (Psalm 17:8, NIV)

In this day and age, people are considered to be important for so many different reasons—titles, position, possessions, where you go, what you drive. But God’s value system is very different from the value system of the world. God cherishes and values you so much today simply because He made you. You are the apple of His eye; the center of His world!

If you’ve ever thought that God has too many other important things on His plate to be concerned with you and your life, know this today—you are God’s number one priority. And there’s nothing you can do to be more important or less important to Him. He values you today and your value will never change. You are significant. Your life is significant. The things that concern you, concern God. He carefully watches over every detail of your life, and there is nothing too big or too small for His attention.

Today, don’t be afraid to take your concerns and cares to the Father. He loves to hear you call upon Him. He is waiting to show Himself strong on your behalf.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for loving me today. Thank You for keeping me the apple of Your eye. I open my heart and mind to You and cast every care on You. I receive Your love for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

27 Sep 2010 04:33 #97 by DrMike
New Garments

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Provide for those who grieve...a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor” (Isaiah 61:3, NIV)

Do you need a new garment today? I’m not talking about a physical garment. I’m talking about what’s covering your mind and emotions. Are you clothed with despair and disappointment? Are you wearing ”heaviness?” If you’ve gone through a hurtful situation, the Bible says there is a time to grieve, and it’s important to release that hurt to the Lord. But the Bible also tells us that God wants to give you a garment of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness and despair.

Are the garments of yesterday weighing you down and holding you back? It’s time for a new garment. The garment of praise is light and filled with peace and joy. Don’t carry those heavy burdens around anymore. Choose to forgive those who have hurt you and praise God for what He’s doing in your life today. If nothing else, start thanking Him for the beautiful sunrise. Thank him for restoring you, even if you don’t see it yet. Just like this verse says, you will be as strong and secure as a tall oak tree, displaying His splendor all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I come to You today and ask that You take off my old, heavy garments of despair and heaviness. Make me new today. Give me a garment of praise so that I can be a display of Your glory and splendor. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

28 Sep 2010 04:50 #98 by DrMike
Stir Up Your Dreams

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you...” (2 Timothy 1:6, NKJ)

Do you need some freshness in your life today? You may simply need to stir up what God has placed on the inside of you. Stir up those gifts, stir up those dreams, stir up those talents inside. Start stretching yourself. You were created to be a dreamer and to pursue the desires God has placed in your heart.

The Scripture tells us that without vision, people perish. If you don’t have a dream or vision for your life, you’re not really going to reach your fullest potential. Maybe at one time you had a dream, but you went through some disappointments or setbacks. Things didn’t turn out the way you planned. But here’s a key: when one dream dies, dream another dream. Just because it didn’t work out the way you had it planned doesn’t mean that God doesn’t have another plan. You cannot allow one disappointment or even a series of disappointments to convince you that your dream is over. It’s time to dig your heals in and hold on to the promises in your heart. Stir up those God-given dreams today and watch Him pour out His favor and blessing upon you and fulfill every desire in your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I come humbly to You. I give You my past, my disappointments, my brokenness. Fill me with Your hope and expectation and give me the dreams and desires that You have in store for my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

29 Sep 2010 04:51 #99 by DrMike
God-given Dreams

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure” (Proverbs 16:9, AMP)

Oftentimes as children, we have dreams for the future, dreams of being ball players and actresses, super heroes and firemen. But most of the time, they end up just being wishful thinking. As we get older, we grow out of them. It’s good to play and have dreams as children, but when we grow up, we have to know the difference between a God-given dream and a wish. I remember when I was a little boy, I dreamed of playing basketball for the Houston Rockets. That was definitely a fantasy! Beyond our wishes though, we all have dreams placed inside of us by the Creator of the universe. In fact, the Latin word for “desire” means “from the Father.” One way to tell if a dream is really from God is that the desire won’t go away. You may have had it for years, but you still can’t let it go. In fact, you may have tried to let it go, but it won’t let go of you.

Today, I encourage you to search your heart and allow those God-given dreams to surface. He placed those desires inside of you for a purpose, and He’s going to use them to direct you into the destiny He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for the dreams and desires You’ve placed within me. I submit those dreams to You and ask that You direct my steps. Search my heart and make my thoughts agreeable to Your Word and to Your plan for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

30 Sep 2010 04:31 #100 by DrMike
Trust Him with Your Dreams

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives” (John 12:24, NLT)

It’s good to be passionate about your dreams, but did you know a dream can actually become an idol? If it’s all you think about, and you’re not going to be happy unless it happens your way, that’s out of balance. The fact is, sometimes you have to release that dream back to the Father.

Sometimes we can get frustrated because we are trying to force things to happen on our timetable. Sometimes we hold on to things so tightly, but when we finally are willing to let them go, that’s when God can bring them to pass. If you’ll choose to release that frustration and not let it become the center of your attention, but instead, use that same time and energy to thank God that He’s directing your steps, you open the door for God to give you the desires of your heart.

We have to remember, God already knows what we want and what we need. He’s the One who put those desires in us. We shouldn’t be consumed by trying to make things happen. Instead, a greater act of faith is to be happy right where you are; to stay open and trust God because He has good plans in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I release my dreams, my desires, my “wants” like a seed falling to the ground. I know that You have a good plan for my future, and I trust You to bring it to pass in my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds