Apple iPhone 6 and iWatch Rumor Roundup (Prior to Sept 9 Apple Event)

07 Sep 2014 18:24 #1 by ScienceChic
I tend to agree - I think they will announce the watch, and release it at a later date. I just hope it looks something like the concept design by Todd Hamilton below! It's sweet!

I can't say that I care for the rounded edges of the iPhone 6, nor a larger phone option (I have an iPad mini, that's a perfectly fine size), so I'm not too excited about this round of announcements. Like last time, I'll wait for the bugs to be found and fixed before downloading any new system updates.

Apple iPhone 6 and iWatch Rumor Roundup
By Christina Warren
1 day ago

Todd Hamilton's iWatch concept profiled by Mashable in January of 2014.

Image: Todd Hamilton

Sometimes I think Apple rumors are one of the core pillars that keep the Internet running. Practically every day, there is a new rumor, a new alleged leaked photo and a new juicy detail about something deep within the labs at the world's biggest tech company.

With Apple's big Sept. 9 event just days away, the current rumor season will soon come to a close.

In advance of Tuesday's event, we wanted to do a big rumor round-up of every plausible rumor we've heard regarding the next wave of Apple devices. As always with Apple rumors, we should take everything with a grain of salt.

Still, if you've missed out on the last few months of crazy Apple rumors, consider this your Cliffs Notes. It's like binge-watching, but with Apple rumors. (Hey, that could be a TV show...)

From Todd Hamilton's blog (linked above):

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Mar 2015 15:37 #2 by ScienceChic
The iWatch is finally here, and it looks nothing like the concept above.

The usual wonderful upgrades to Macbooks, Macbook Pros, and Macbook Airs, and reducing yet again the number of cords needed.

Apple 'reinvents the notebook' with the new MacBook
By Christina Warren
2 hours ago

As previously rumored, Apple on Monday unveiled a brand new MacBook during its Apple Watch event.

The new MacBook — available in silver, gold or space gray — has an all-metal enclosure and weighs less than 2 lbs. Just 13.1mm thick, it offers a brand new keyboard, with keys that are 40% thinner than the traditional kind.

There's a 12-inch Retina display with edge-to-edge coverglass and 2304 by 1440 pixels. Apple says it is the thinnest display ever built into a Mac, and that it consumes 30% less energy. The new MacBook uses Apple's latest unibody architecture. It's the first fanless MacBook ever, and uses Intel's Core M processor running up to 1.3GHz.

All of that power only consumes 5 watts of power.

The new MacBook has only one USB-C port, which gives you five ports in one. This new connectivity standard gives you power, USB data transfer, DisplayPort, HDMI, and VGA capabilities.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

06 May 2015 09:31 #3 by ScienceChic
This was kinda cool to see! It amazes me how tiny things have become, and how they keep packing in the functionality into a device like the iWatch.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds