The big 'firewood for sale' thread....

16 Oct 2010 09:31 #11 by Trebor66
by Bob Barber
JUDGING THE WOOD
Most woods (PINE, FIR ASPEN) harvested in the 285 corridor have such a similar heat output that the species makes little difference. What makes the difference is how dry and well seasoned the wood is. Dry, well seasoned, dense wood starts fast, burns hot, does not create a lot of creosote.
The main points to look for are:
1. The wood is NOT GREEN (recently cut). Green wood will be heavy and you will see signs of moisture and/or sap on the ends.
2. The wood IS DRY & WELL SEASONED and shows no signs of rot, mush or spongy wood.
Split vs. Rounds -- Difference is minor, but split burns up faster.
Rounds tend to burn longer and are best for an overnight fire.
Why get a cord of mixed species -- Aspen helps clean the flue.
A mixture of pine, fir and aspen gives you some flexibility in how fast you want the room to heat up, how long you want the fire to burn and do you want to help reduce the creosote formation in the flue.
Aspen starts fast and burns hot. It will generate heat quicker than fir or pine, but will also burn up faster. It helps to dry out the creosote and send the ash out the flue.
A nice sized round fir log or two are perfect for an overnight fire.
How to build the fire
There are as many ways to start a fire as there are fire starters. I have found the following to be very effective.
Start with 10 or so sheets of bunched up newspaper. Add a liberal layer of kindling. Add some 2”- 3”logs. Put 2 sheets of bunched up newspaper on top of the logs. Light this top layer of newspaper first. This starts the draft necessary to keep the fire going. Then light the bottom layer of newspaper. You should have a blazing fire in just a few minutes. Now add some bigger logs.
Do not waste wood -- Control the air intake -- Buy a magnetic temperature gauge
A fire needs a good supply of incoming air. But too much air will just burn up the wood faster. A magnetic gauge affixed to the stove will tell you if the fire is not burning fast enough, in the OK area or burning too fast. Controlling the air intake will keep the fire producing maximum heat without burning too fast or too hot. Gauges are inexpensive and available at your local hardware store.
Have a question or comment? Feel free to call or email me.
[center:13zdwfku]RICHMOND HILL FIREWOOD Conifer, CO
Bob Barber aka Trebor66
303.330.0710 . [/center:13zdwfku]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Oct 2010 13:03 #12 by Photo-fish
Just placed my order. Thanks again Ron.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

21 Oct 2010 19:23 #13 by Trebor66
RICHMOND HILL FIREWOOD HOLDS PRICES & OFFERS 3 SPECIALS
Prices were scheduled to go up to $200/cord on November 1, but we have decided to hold our prices at the October level. Cords will be at $180 for the rest of the year. As always we deliver only dry and well seasoned fir, aspen and pine rounds.
We are offering 3 specials from now till the end of the year:
1. ½ cord of mixed fir, aspen and pine rounds $95. Delivered within a 20 mile radius of Richmond Hill Road and 285. No multiple cord discounts are available at this price.
2. ½ cord of all aspen rounds $95. Aspen is good for quickly heating up your room and helping to eliminate the creosote buildup in the flue. Delivered within a 20 mile radius of Richmond Hill Road and 285. No multiple cord discounts are available at this price.
3. You pickup and load 1 cord mixed fir, aspen and pine rounds $145. No multiple cord discounts are available at this price.
Thanks, Bob & Scott Barber 303-330-0710.
See our new blog at –richmondhillfirewood.blogspot.com

24 Oct 2010 15:35 #14 by Nmysys
My pleasure my friend always.

26 Oct 2010 13:41 - 02 Nov 2010 11:34 #15 by rlecho
FREE FIREWOOD
De-limbed trees ready to buck and split.
Will load onto your trailer or truck
edit - 11-2-10
Thanks everyone - we cleared all the wood out.

27 Oct 2010 07:50 #16 by CC

TPP wrote: Ya can have a couple of trees, 1 rule you take the whole tree SLASH 1st.

Very good plan! LOL

28 Oct 2010 06:37 #17 by Nmysys
Year-Round Delivery of Firewood. Dry, seasoned and always more than a FULL CORD. Stacked so you can see what you are getting.

CORDS DELIVERED FOR $175-

THIS IS NOT A HOBBY. THIS IS A FULL TIME BUSINESS WITH REFERRALS UNLIKE OTHERS WHO ARE NEW AT IT OR HAVE JUST MITIGATED THEIR PROPERTIES AND ARE SELLING WET WOOD!!

We deliver firewood anywhere in the 285 Corridor. Pine and some Aspen mixed in. Dry and seasoned. We are working an exclusive area, started at 85 acres, now up to almost 300 acres with thousands of standing dead due to thickness of the trees, not Beetle Kill.

Support your local Senior Citizen. I also give a $15 Discount to all Fellow veterans of the Armed Forces of America. Yes, we deliver to Morrison, Aspen Park, Conifer, Pine Grove, Pine, Pine Junction, Bailey. Harris Park, Evergreen,$15 Discount to all Fellow veterans of the Armed Forces of America. (NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR BAD WEATHER) I will fill your order to your specifications, opening size, length, etc.

This is mostly Lodgepole with Aspen mixed in, cut from to 2 1/2 inches to 7 inches in diameter, so unlike split firewood, which looks great stacked, to your neighbors, you can put 1 or 2 logs in and go to bed and wake up to a fire still burning, rather than having to continually feed your fire and wake up to a cold house.

No one has ever thought that they didn't get a FULL cord, in fact it usually ends up to be close to 1 1/3rd cords per load. On the other forum, under their SuperFirewood Thread you will see a number of UNSOLICITED comments from satisfied customers. Our customers are our advertising.

We usually are delivering firewood when most other people don't have any, especially during the cold winter months,as we do this continually through the year. we are reliable and ALWAYS ON TIME.We will be doing this next year and hopefully, God willing, the year after, etc. to supplement my Social Security, and keep my horses fed. PM or call: Have a great, safe, and warm winter.

KEEP WARM, BURN FIREWOOD!!

Ron Spunt

720) 261-5624

30 Oct 2010 18:00 #18 by Photo-fish
Another season, another BIG cord of wood deliverd by Ron Spunt.

Thanks again Ron and thanks for taking the time to chat for a bit.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

31 Oct 2010 06:30 #19 by Nmysys
Good seeing you my ( Liberal Friend ) and meeting your lovely wife finally. I really enjoyed talking to you both, as well as supplying you guys with your firewood. You know how to reach me when you need more. Just kidding about the Political jab, as usual.

I hope after the election is over that we all can get together just as friends. Stay Warm!!

01 Nov 2010 11:13 #20 by Photo-fish
Thanks, after the pleasant converstion and the good deal on the firewood we could not bring ourselves to toilet paper your house as we promised.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds