School Safety: To Plan, or Not to Plan.........

27 Apr 2016 08:41 #251 by ZHawke
This article/interview goes directly to my post from yesterday.

From the article:

Wouldn’t the presence of guns like AR-15s make a school a hard target and deter an attack?

There’s deterrence, and there’s defense. Guns provide defense, not deterrence. They don’t make a facility any more secure. When you’re looking for a target for a crime, you don’t ever know if there’s a gun in a facility. But you can see that if a door is unlocked or window is open, it’s a soft target.

A School Security Expert on Why Giving Guards AR-15s Isn’t the Best Way to Protect Students

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Apr 2016 16:25 #252 by ZHawke
WOW! Walking the walk in South Dakota! Good on them!

School Safety And Sentinels

01 Apr 2019 10:46 #253 by Mountain-News-Events
After presenting at the School Safety Summit 2019 the past few days, The I Love U Guys Foundation co-founder, John-Michael Keyes heads to Durango for his next engagement.

John-Michael Keyes to lead school safety training
3/29/2019

MENAFN - Newswire.com LLC) DURANGO, Colo., March 29, 2019 (Newswire.com) - Colorado's Durango School District 9-R will have John-Michael Keyes, Executive Director of the I Love U Guys Foundation , lead an all-day train-the-trainer session addressing key components in the school safety spectrum.

The session will be conducted on Monday, April 1, 2019, 8:00am–3:30pm, at the Double Tree Hotel, 501 Camino Del Rio, Durango, Colorado. The training is designed for school safety teams, law enforcement, emergency responders, and local government administrators. Lunch will be provided at no cost to the participants.

The day's training will cover The Standard Response Protocol (SRP) and The Standard Reunification Method (SRM). Currently, over 25,000 schools, districts, departments, and agencies are using these Foundation programs. Users have included over 18 million students, nearly 700,000 educators, and over 65,000 law enforcement personnel.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds