Jeffco Planning & Zoning: Conifer Plan Update Meeting

23 Jun 2015 15:17 #11 by Mountain-News-Events
From Jeffco Planning & Zoning (emphasis added mine):

Hi!
Proposed Land Uses will be the topic for the Conifer/285 Corridor Area Plan meeting on Tuesday, June 30. The meeting will be from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm at the Conifer Community Church at 9998 Havekost Rd in Conifer.

Staff has been analyzing area constraints, zoning, existing uses, lot sizes, and meadows in the Conifer Area and we have draft land use recommendations for the entire Conifer/285 Corridor Area Plan. This is only the first draft though. We need your help to determine if our assessment of appropriate future land uses is accurate. There may be things that the residents and business owners of the area may know about that we do not.

At the meeting, I will be giving a presentation that includes explanations of some of the new terms that we are proposing. Then I will give people a chance to review the maps, ask questions, and give comments. The proposed land use recommendations for the Pine Junction/Pine Grove/Buffalo Creek Areas and the Pine Junction Activity Center are on the Plan update website now. We are still finalizing the other maps and policies so I don’t have them to send at this time, however, we will have this information at the meeting and after the June 30th meeting they will be on our website for people that are unable to attend the meeting to also give comments. The comments received on these maps will be incorporated into the first draft of the Plan due out in late August/early September. Please send in any comments by August 3, 2015.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you will need hard copies of any of this information.

Have a good day!

Heather Gutherless, AICP
Senior Planner
Jefferson County Planning and Zoning

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
303-271-8716
100 Jefferson County Parkway, #3550
Golden, CO 80419

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Aug 2015 09:07 #12 by Mountain-News-Events
From Jeffco Planning & Zoning (emphasis added on dates):

Hi – I just wanted to remind everyone about the next Conifer/285 Corridor Area Plan update meeting. At this meeting Planning staff will present the first draft of the entire updated Plan. This will consist of updated land use maps and drafts of all of the chapters that will be included in the plan, including the ones that we did not have meetings about. The meeting is September 1 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at our usual place, the Conifer Community Church, 9998 Havekost Road.

I was hoping to have the draft plan ready before the meeting, but with other work items that have come up over the last month, it doesn’t look like that will happen. But if I do get it done, even just a day or two prior to the meeting, I will email everyone again.

I also want to remind everyone that if you are unable to make the September 1 meeting, that is not your only chance to comment! You may look on-line (after September 1) to find the complete draft plan and maps. Here is the link to the page it will be on- jeffco.us/planning-and-zoning/plan-regul...r-285-corridor-area/ . Please submit comments to me, preferably in writing (email or letter), by Tuesday, September 22. If you have any trouble downloading the maps or text, let me know and I can send you a hard copy. I know that some of the maps are very large files and may be difficult to download.

Thanks, and if I don’t see you at the meeting, I hope to hear from you!

Heather Gutherless, AICP
Senior Planner

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
303-271-8716
Golden, CO 80419

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

31 Aug 2015 11:06 #13 by Mountain-News-Events
Please don't forget that the next/final meeting is tomorrow night.

From Heather Gutherless:

Hi – The first draft of the Conifer/285 Corridor Area Plan is now available! You can access the plan text on-line by clicking on this link - jeffco.us/amandaItoI/PublicDocs/Comprehe...%20-%20Draft%201.pdf .

You can view the folder that contains all of the Draft Plan maps at this link - jeffco.us/amandaItoI/PublicDocs/Comprehe...0Draft%20and%20Maps/ .

FYI – The first document in this folder has a ? icon by it. It is a Microsoft Word document, the rest are PDFs. The maps are very large right now. We are working on getting them lower resolution.

I am working on a reorganization of the Conifer Plan update website, so these links do not take you there. The Draft Plan is not accessible from that site yet, but I wanted to get the draft out to you as soon as I could, even if the link isn’t through the regular website.

Please submit comments by September 22. Let me know if you have questions!

Heather Gutherless, AICP
Senior Planner

303-271-8716
Golden, CO 80419

01 Sep 2015 19:04 #14 by ScienceChic
48 in attendance at tonight's meeting

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

02 Sep 2015 16:12 #15 by MyMountainTown
Here is the video of last night's Conifer Community Draft Plan Presentation.

Conifer Community Plan Update Public Meeting
September 1, 2015
48 in attendance

Overall Agenda
Overview

@10:25
Questions

@18:50
Key Changes

@1:21:31
Next Steps
Comments due September 22
Second draft - October
Final draft - November
Planning Commission Hearing - December 2

@1:24:30
Mapping Exercise for Audience

Video recorded by, and property of, My Mountain Town.
All Rights Reserved.

As part of the mapping exercise, attendees were asked to place stickers when they agreed with the questions and to put a post-it note with comments if they disagreed. The maps and questions were about the various Activity Centers. All are posted below with the whole page, then zoomed in on comments so they are easier to read (Map 4 is one image only below since it was legible enough to include comments with the question). Eventually, all of these comments, along with anything emailed to Heather Gutherless, will be made public as part of the Conifer - 285 Corridor Community Plan that is submitted to the Planning Commission.

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

02 Sep 2015 16:18 #16 by MyMountainTown

720-608-0285

02 Sep 2015 16:22 #17 by MyMountainTown

720-608-0285

21 Sep 2015 12:41 #18 by Mountain-News-Events
Reminder: comments on the Conifer/285 Corridor Plan Update are due by tomorrow. Please take the survey at the link below and send your feedback to Jeffco Planning & Zoning.
Thank you!

From Heather Gutherless:

Hi – The specific questions that were presented at the Conifer Meeting on September 1 are now in a survey on-line! jeffco.us/planning-and-zoning/plan-regul...r-285-corridor-area/ We suggest that you open some maps that relate to the questions while you complete the survey. There are links to these maps just below the survey link.

If you made comments at the meeting, we have your responses and you don’t need to fill out the survey unless you have more to add.

The questions are about specific land uses mainly in the Aspen-Park Conifer Activity Center and about policies related to meadows. So if you are an agency that does not relate to these items you may disregard this survey.

The survey will only be open for a limited time, so please fill it out as soon as you can. Please let me know if you have questions or comments not related to the survey. Have a good day!

Heather Gutherless, AICP
Senior Planner

303-271-8716
Golden, CO 80419

02 Feb 2016 11:48 #19 by Mountain-News-Events
From Jeffco Planning & Zoning:

Hi – I just wanted to remind everyone that Wednesday, February 3 is the Planning Commission hearing for the Conifer/285 Corridor Area Plan. This is the meeting where they will be taking testimony, deliberating and deciding on the Plan. The hearing details are below:

Planning Commission Public Hearing
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
Hearing starts at 6:15 pm and goes until a decision is made
Hearing Room 1
Jefferson County Administration and Courts Building
100 Jefferson County Parkway
Golden, CO

Draft Plan 3 is what the Planning Commission will be considering. The draft Plan can be found on the Plan update website here - jeffco.us/planning-and-zoning/plan-regul...r-285-corridor-area/

Let me know if you have any questions!

Heather Gutherless
Jefferson County Planning & Zoning
303-271-8716

02 Feb 2016 19:33 #20 by Jukerado
It is solid thinking to have this meeting in Golden. Rather than having the Planning Commission come to Conifer, the Golden location helps ensure that thousands of mountain yokels from Conifer, Pine Grove, Pine Junction, Aspen Park, Buffalo Creek, etc. won't make the trek. They don't know what's good for them, anyway.

It is important that everyone gets behind this plan. Throughout the text, The Really Big Plan ensures that the rustic atmosphere of the Conifer area will be preserved, at least until numerous exceptions and exemptions are filed. This provides immeasurable peace of mind while area residents are dealing with the increased noise, congestion, traffic, and population. Just remember, your rustic mountain lifestyle is being preserved.

Only with the implementation of this plan can our area become as successful as Parker, Castle Rock, et al, representing the wonderful lifestyle of the I-25 corridor.

This plan will benefit many, many people, including (but not limited to) out-of-state contractors, out-of-state construction workers, land developers, banks, and insurance companies. All residents should remember that they're helping the economy, and making many people wealthy, while their treasured mountain atmosphere is being carefully preserved.

Hopefully, the massive development proposed here will succeed in substantially raising property taxes, ensuring that many mountain yokels will be forced to sell out to developers, increasing the prosperity of others and providing high-quality housing for many wealthy people.

They tried to tear the mountains down, and bring in a couple more. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a mountain yokel.

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds