63% Favor Repeal of National Health Care Plan

26 May 2010 16:23 #41 by Residenttroll returns

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: How about a War Tax, or the Draft...We'd see all the gung-ho war mongers fall to the wayside if they had to actually pay for it out of their paychecks, or with their kids lives..

I personally would like to forbid the withholding of taxes from paychecks and paying taxes at the time of purchase and have the people write a check every month to the local, state and federal governments for all the taxes that are essentially hidden from them by the current tax laws. Once the people saw the amount of taxes they were actually paying instead of simply the amount of money left after the government stole their "fair" share, I think you would see a tax revolution akin to the one our founders waged.

Imagine having to submit the amount of fuel you had bought for the month and then having to write a check to the government to cover the taxes on that purchase. Submitting your purchases for the month and then having to write a separate check to cover the taxes levies upon those purchases. Getting every dollar of the wages you earned and then receiving a bill for the taxes that you had to pay on those wages for your Social Security and Medicare "contributions" and the income taxes.

I have a better idea. Let's send a tax collector to house on pay day. Start alphabetically. I figure by the time they get to my letter in the alphabet, we would hear Washington going to a flat tax.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 May 2010 16:48 #42 by PrintSmith

JMC wrote: PS just think of the cost of collection. It would double the size of the gov. just to collect.

I dunno JMC, we already employ folks at the federal level to ensure that the taxes "contributed" for SS, Medicare and the federal income taxes are paid on time and in the proper amounts. The banks have developed a pretty good system to keep track of your credit cards and mortgage payments that would pretty much be off the shelf technology ready for use by the government for monthly tax billing, adding in penalties and interest and keeping track of the payments made. And the government owns at least part of a few of the banks, so they really shouldn't have to pay that much for the software, since they already own it via their ownership interest in the banks. Heck, they could even allow the banks to pay off a portion of their debt by actually doing the billing and collecting without even increasing the payroll of the federal government if they were of a mind to (for once) look for answers that didn't involve expanding the size of the government. After their takeover of the student loan program, I'm sure there are a few bank employees who could use the work so that they could keep their jobs. Obama could even (truthfully this time) claim that he actually saved or created a job outside of the federal government with his policy initiatives...... rofllol

26 May 2010 16:59 #43 by PrintSmith

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Healthcare for profit is immoral.

You and I are going to have a lot to say to each other, I can tell.

the doctors, nurses, orderlies and health insurance companies that should be willing to serve the needs of their fellow citizens without accumulating any wealth in the process.........

Thats called income, not profit, and the rest of your post is too ridiculous to even respond to.

So when the folks selling Band-Aids sell them for more than the cost of making them, they are not earning profit they are generating income.

I can't even believe you are even making this argument..The government buys stuff all the time-They don't operate giant prison factories- they buy from private industry, and those private industries make a profit..And when it comes to defense contractors they make ridiculous profits..The government buys the $300 toilet seat for the B-52 and Boeing or whoever makes a profit, and we get defense. The Government will buy 20 million band aids, Johnson & Johnson makes a profit, and we all get a free band-aid the doctor puts one on us..

Understand?

Whoa there big fella. You are the one who intimated that health care for profit was immoral. I simply pointed out that there are a number of companies, outside of the evil health care insurers, who also make a handsome profit by providing health care, including doctors and nurses, who are profit generating corporations that would fall under your blanket accusation that their actions are immoral.

Last I knew (though it might have changed after health insurance reform passed and Speaker Pelosi and company just haven't found it yet since it had to be passed so we could find out what was in it) health insurance companies were members of private industry just as the makers of Band-Aids are. If it isn't immoral for Johnson&Johnson to make a profit on Band-Aids necessary for health care, why would it be immoral for another private industry to make a profit off of selling health insurance or for a hospital to make a profit by providing a place where health care is dispensed?

26 May 2010 17:12 - 13 Jun 2013 17:51 #44 by LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

26 May 2010 17:14 #45 by The Viking

MrKnowItAll wrote: Just work as a 1099 contractor, you pay your own taxes Quarterly. Assume at least 30% and write the check.

War tax would have been a good idea, I agree. If anything is worth doing it is worth paying for. Money clarifies things. Duh.

But mister Hopey changey was going to get us out of Iraq I thought?

Mister Hopey Changey!! rofllol

26 May 2010 17:30 - 26 May 2010 18:09 #46 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic 63% Favor Repeal of National Health Care Plan

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Healthcare for profit is immoral.

You and I are going to have a lot to say to each other, I can tell.

the doctors, nurses, orderlies and health insurance companies that should be willing to serve the needs of their fellow citizens without accumulating any wealth in the process.........

Thats called income, not profit, and the rest of your post is too ridiculous to even respond to.

So when the folks selling Band-Aids sell them for more than the cost of making them, they are not earning profit they are generating income.

I can't even believe you are even making this argument..The government buys stuff all the time-They don't operate giant prison factories- they buy from private industry, and those private industries make a profit..And when it comes to defense contractors they make ridiculous profits..The government buys the $300 toilet seat for the B-52 and Boeing or whoever makes a profit, and we get defense. The Government will buy 20 million band aids, Johnson & Johnson makes a profit, and we all get a free band-aid the doctor puts one on us..

Understand?

Whoa there big fella. You are the one who intimated that health care for profit was immoral. I simply pointed out that there are a number of companies, outside of the evil health care insurers, who also make a handsome profit by providing health care, including doctors and nurses, who are profit generating corporations that would fall under your blanket accusation that their actions are immoral.

Last I knew (though it might have changed after health insurance reform passed and Speaker Pelosi and company just haven't found it yet since it had to be passed so we could find out what was in it) health insurance companies were members of private industry just as the makers of Band-Aids are. If it isn't immoral for Johnson&Johnson to make a profit on Band-Aids necessary for health care, why would it be immoral for another private industry to make a profit off of selling health insurance or for a hospital to make a profit by providing a place where health care is dispensed?

I don't think the people in Great Britan or Canada care who's making a dime off the ace bandage just as long as they aren't getting billed for it.

26 May 2010 17:56 - 23 Jan 2013 06:25 #47 by LOL
"I don't think people.... care....just as they aren't getting billed for it."

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

26 May 2010 18:14 #48 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic 63% Favor Repeal of National Health Care Plan

MrKnowItAll wrote: "I don't think people.... care....just as they aren't getting billed for it."

Bingo, you hit it moron dude. I knew someday you would accidently spew out a partially intelligent sentence.

Without the childish name calling let me break it down for you. Everybody's paying for it now, and we pay more and get less than any industrialized nation on earth..I'll say it again- Right now we pay more per person for healthcare and get less, and the people running this racket are laughing at you for arguing on their behalf.

26 May 2010 18:32 - 13 Jun 2013 17:54 #49 by LOL

26 May 2010 18:51 #50 by UNDER MODERATION
Lets stay on topic ok? It's not all about me..The topic is that you're terrified that you might have to pay for someone else's Health Care right? A black persons! Why don't you just say it so we can quit dancing around the issue?

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds