CIA Spying on Congress, Obama Admits We've Tortured People

01 Aug 2014 15:58 #1 by ScienceChic
I love how it's finally a scandal now that it's been done to Congress. 50 Shades of Grey won't have anythhing on what they've probably read from staffers and reps files!

Should Obama Fire His CIA Chief for Misleading the Public About the Senate Spying Scandal?
John Brennan said CIA employees would never snoop on congressional staffers investigating its use of torture. New revelations show that's what they did.
—By David Corn
| Thu Jul. 31, 2014

On March 11, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the chairwoman of the Senate intelligence committee, strode on to the Senate floor and made a shocking charge: The CIA had spied on committee investigators who were examining the CIA's past use of harsh interrogation techniques (a.k.a. torture). She essentially confirmed media reports that the agency had accessed computers that had been set up in a secured facility for her staffers to use—and that this high-tech break-in was related to a CIA memo that the agency had not turned over. The document was far more critical of the CIA's interrogation program than the agency's official response to the still-classified (and reportedly scorching) 6,300-page report produced by Feinstein's committee. As Feinstein described it, the CIA, looking to find out how her sleuths had obtained this particular memo, had been spying on the investigators who were paid by the taxpayers to keep a close watch on America's spies.

Feinstein's public statement—unprecedented in US national security history—caused an uproar.

Kudos to our Pres for finally admitting this, but the cynic in me bets it's only cuz it was going to come out anyway.
Obama: "We Tortured Some Folks"
—By Ben Dreyfuss
| Fri Aug. 1, 2014

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2014 19:57 #2 by otisptoadwater
Spying or an investigation? I guess it depends on which way you want to spin the story. We torture people? Really?! What network made that public news and when? Barry doesn't generally seem to know anything unless and until the press has made it public information. Frankly I sleep better at night knowing that the bad guys are getting an extensive demonstration of the most effective interrogation techniques in our toolbox. Unfortunately, time, repetitive questioning, and sleep deprivation are generally more effective than attempting to beat/water board/brutalize individuals into confessing and compromising information.

I sat through Barry's White House Press Conference today and my assessment is that he had a laundry list of things that are wrong in our own country and around the world and a corresponding "it's someone else's fault" list for each issue.

Slight of hand can be sold as magic; the only people who believe what they see are the ones who aren't watching both of the Magician's hands and what's happening in the background at the same time.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds