THE NEW NORMAL AND MILLENIAL VOTERS

19 Oct 2014 23:00 #1 by Blazer Bob
Pretty words but my fist thought is snowballs chance in hell.

www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/10/t...millenial-voters.php

"THE NEW NORMAL AND MILLENIAL VOTERS
The Obama administration is in many respects a more sinister version of the Carter administration. Now, as then, we hear talk of a “new normal.” Pundits and news people who recognize that the economy is lousy, but can’t believe that liberal policies are the cause, conclude that we will just have to get used to slow growth, lower incomes, massive underemployment and a fast-rising cost of living. This “new normal” is not so terrible if you are middle-aged or elderly (unless you were laid off in your fifties), but it is something like a death sentence for the young.

As I recall, young people were Ronald Reagan’s best demographic. This was not because Reagan was a hipster steeped in popular culture, but rather because young voters refused to accept the Left’s dictum that America was washed up and that the days of opportunity were over. They voted for opportunity and for the continuation of the American dream.

The same thing ought to happen now, and in 2016."...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Oct 2014 17:40 #2 by otisptoadwater
I just don't see that kind of thinking in today's generation, they have been duped in to believing that everything bad is someone elses fault. Unless and until people start being accountable for their own actions and correcting their own mistakes I'm afraid "we" will continue to ride the vortex and eventually go down the drain.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

20 Oct 2014 22:59 #3 by Rick
That really is the problem with many of these young voters... they haven't been around long enough to know what the old normal was like. It's not going to end well if we decide that more than 50% of the population being on some sort of government assistance is ok.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Oct 2014 12:04 #4 by FredHayek
Since Zero Population Growth has been achieved in the West and most of Asia, and people who are having children are having them later than ever, the theory is that our economies will be flat for a long time, like Japan, whose older, declining, population started sooner than ours.

And great point above, the young people I talk to have neither the experience of a changing economy nor the wisdom to see more than one side.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds