Quarantine, or not?

30 Oct 2014 13:49 #11 by Nobody that matters

deltamrey wrote: Seems ALL here on this little board agree that the responsible action is to isolate in order to protect the nurses "loved ones - yeah, right" . There is no doubt she will sell her story to the talking heads on CNN......common, did I say, COMMON practice today.

IF anyone wants to walk the talk .....get on a plane and go visit this wing nut. Good fortune. I am sure nobody here has the guts.

:blink: I read it about 5 times. I still can't find the coherent meaning hidden in that post.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2014 15:47 #12 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic Quarantine, or not?
I do not know if private citizens get paid for being quarantined...but military members do get paid...they get paid the same amount per month no matter where they are or what they are doing. There are allowances given depending on circumstances, but they will still get a full month's paycheck even if they are quarantined 21 of those 30 days.

31 Oct 2014 12:28 #13 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Quarantine, or not?
Apparently not, at least in Maine:

FORT KENT, Maine -- A Maine judge on Friday rejected a bid by state health officials to restrict the movement of nurse Kaci Hickox, who defied a state quarantine for medical workers who have treated Ebola patients.

Judge Charles C. LaVerdiere ruled that Hickox should continue daily monitoring and coordinate travel with state officials so monitoring can continue. But, because she's not showing symptoms, the judge says she's not infectious.

- www.cbsnews.com/news/ebola-standoff-cont...e-nurses-quarantine/

Her right to be selfish trumps all others rights, since she isn't sick with it today. If, like Dr. Spencer she wanders around and then becomes symptomatic, all those she might have infected are just out of luck for the worry and expense she has caused.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

31 Oct 2014 15:29 #14 by jf1acai
The actual order by the judge is much better than the news article cited above makes it appear. See the actual order here - www.scribd.com/doc/245131708/Maine-Judge-Order-Pending-Hearing .

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

01 Nov 2014 12:01 #15 by jf1acai
I guess I am unable to read and/or comprehend what I am reading. It appears to me that the CDC protocol, updated November 1, 2014 - www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/exposure/monitorin...s-with-exposure.html - requires exactly what the judge first ordered, and then Friday rescinded, for nurse Hickox.

Could someone explain why this is not correct?

01 Nov 2014 12:25 #16 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Quarantine, or not?
I didn't thoroughly read all the CDC info, but what seems important is from time of exposure, when do symptoms occur? If it is only communicable when the patient shows symptoms, that should be the quarantine period.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

01 Nov 2014 12:36 #17 by HEARTLESS
Found it, (just open eyes and read). From 2 to 21 days, so a 21 day quarantine is not out of line.

01 Nov 2014 14:38 #18 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Quarantine, or not?
Of Course it is NOT out of line...it's called due diligence....if the military is REQUIRED, then citizens
should be also....

01 Nov 2014 17:50 - 01 Nov 2014 18:19 #19 by HEARTLESS
Just read a headline that scientists expect dire numbers in outbreak by end of year in US.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds