Some perspective on "immigration"?

17 Dec 2014 17:10 #211 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Some perspective on "immigration"?

PrintSmith wrote: Which gives the executive no excuse for exceeding his constitutional abilities and "going it alone" to get it done. The judge in this case has done nothing more, or less, objectionable in "going it alone" to stop that practice or at least to get it into the arena of having the appellate courts decide whether or not a blanket policy that affects every case falls under the meaning of prosecutorial discretion or exceeds any reasonable definition of it.

And, as mentioned, at least it restores some level of the intended checks and balances that are supposed to exist between the co-equal branches of government.

Or, as an alternative, Obama can mimic the other populist president, Jackson, and say that the court has made its ruling, now let's see if they can enforce it and do what he wants to do irrespective of a court calling on him to stop his unconstitutional actions.

Do you really expect anyone to believe this Bush appointee had the ulterior motive of putting this before an appellate court in order to "test" these waters? I'd like to believe that's true, but pardon me for being a little more than cynical in that regard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Dec 2014 17:36 #212 by PrintSmith
Have your read his decision such that you can interpret it for yourself Z? Or are you relying on the echo chambers to interpret it for you and "inform" you of what is in the decision?

17 Dec 2014 18:00 #213 by ZHawke
Pardon me for being a bit "skeptical", particularly given this specific judge's "judicial" record. Your condescension regarding "echo chambers" is duly noted.

17 Dec 2014 20:35 #214 by PrintSmith
Which is a roundabout way of saying, "No, P, I haven't read the decision myself and have relied wholly upon the opinion of partisans in the formation of my position." Duly noted.

17 Dec 2014 20:43 #215 by ZHawke

PrintSmith wrote: Which is a roundabout way of saying, "No, P, I haven't read the decision myself and have relied wholly upon the opinion of partisans in the formation of my position." Duly noted.

No, P. I did read it, and nothing therein changes my mind at all.

18 Dec 2014 16:52 #216 by ZHawke
And, P, just so you'll have a chance to read it yourself, I'll provide this link which has the ruling embedded for your reading pleasure:

talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/judge-obama-imm...ion-unconstitutional

That is, unless you've already read it, too.

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds