Progressive tenets of Jesus Christ

05 Dec 2014 16:33 #31 by HEARTLESS

Something the Dog Said wrote: As you can see from the link that was provided, those particular remarks were from the leader of the largest christian sect, expressing the position of the Catholic church in regard to the duties set forth by Christ.

I will ask the question directly to you Dog, do you believe the Pope has direct contact, or seeks divine wisdom for his decisions?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2014 16:41 #32 by Something the Dog Said
Pope Francis was quite clear that the Catholic Church believes that the State has the duty to care for the vulnerable, despite your attempts to claim otherwise. Perhaps you can provide actual facts that support your position that he did not? I provided you with the actual statements and links to the documents that definitively support the position of the Catholic church that governments should have an active role in caring for the poor and vulnerable.

Further you are incorrect to claim that the charitable acts of the Catholic Church are funded by religious individuals. As I pointed out, the majority of the funding for Catholic Charities is from the U.S. Treasury, not from voluntary donations of religious individuals.

Going back to the topic of this thread, Pope Francis clearly believes that Christ teaches many of the tenets of progressive philosophy, as can be seen from his statement that:
"We have to search for equality of opportunities and rights, to fight for social benefits, a dignified retirement, holidays, rest, freedom for trade unions. All of these issues create social justice."

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

05 Dec 2014 16:43 #33 by HEARTLESS

Something the Dog Said wrote: Pope Francis was quite clear that the Catholic Church believes that the State has the duty to care for the vulnerable, despite your attempts to claim otherwise. Perhaps you can provide actual facts that support your position that he did not? I provided you with the actual statements and links to the documents that definitively support the position of the Catholic church that governments should have an active role in caring for the poor and vulnerable.

Further you are incorrect to claim that the charitable acts of the Catholic Church are funded by religious individuals. As I pointed out, the majority of the funding for Catholic Charities is from the U.S. Treasury, not from voluntary donations of religious individuals.

Going back to the topic of this thread, Pope Francis clearly believes that Christ teaches many of the tenets of progressive philosophy, as can be seen from his statement that:
"We have to search for equality of opportunities and rights, to fight for social benefits, a dignified retirement, holidays, rest, freedom for trade unions. All of these issues create social justice."

Please post my quoted claims that you accuse me of.

05 Dec 2014 16:47 #34 by HEARTLESS

05 Dec 2014 16:51 - 05 Dec 2014 16:53 #35 by Something the Dog Said
In response to the post by Heartless, I have no belief in regard to whether the Pope has direct contact or seeks divine wisdom for his decisions.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

05 Dec 2014 16:53 #36 by Something the Dog Said

HEARTLESS wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: Pope Francis was quite clear that the Catholic Church believes that the State has the duty to care for the vulnerable, despite your attempts to claim otherwise. Perhaps you can provide actual facts that support your position that he did not? I provided you with the actual statements and links to the documents that definitively support the position of the Catholic church that governments should have an active role in caring for the poor and vulnerable.

Please post my quoted claims that you accuse me of.

Where did I accuse you of anything? Those remarks posted by me were directed to a previous post by Printsmith. Despite your conceit, not everything is about you.

05 Dec 2014 16:56 #37 by HEARTLESS
All you need to do is start with P. Since it followed one of my comments I thought it was in response to my previous comment.

05 Dec 2014 17:02 #38 by PrintSmith

HEARTLESS wrote: Z, you chose the title of the thread. If this is meant to be a pile on PrintSmith private thread, please state that. If you give Dog a "well said", then my questions are valid.

I'm Irish and German H, let as many pile on as desire to do so. Attacking me personally, as Dog is attempting to do, runs like water off a duck's back. I understand when the animosity is directed at me and when it is directed at the Church and I am more than capable of refuting the misrepresentations of Pope Francis attempted by the likes of Dog.

My expressed purpose for participating in this thread is to put such misrepresentations to rest, to demonstrate clearly that either such misrepresentations result from a lack of understanding or are the results of intentional deception, and I know which of those options each happens to be.

This thread is wholly devoted to beliefs and I am quite secure in mine. As I said earlier to Z, my knowledge has influenced many of my beliefs, but my beliefs are never the source of my knowledge. I don't believe I know what the Pontiff was addressing, I know what the Pontiff was addressing and that is because I have a rich and deep understanding of my Catholic faith as a result of being taught at a young age by a great-uncle who so loved God and His children that he dedicated his life, and sacrificed what many of us take for granted, to serve Him. My great-uncles stood on the streets of Denver when Denver, and Colorado, was run by the KKK and denounced the people running the government. They stood with the blacks, with the Jews, with the immigrants and faced all of the ugly lies and distortions of their day and I will honor that memory, and their lives, and do the same today.

05 Dec 2014 17:05 #39 by HEARTLESS
I'll step back and let you respond, besides they won't address the link I posted as it shoots too many holes in their BS.

05 Dec 2014 17:20 #40 by PrintSmith

No, what Pope Francis made clear is that the State has a role in it, not responsibility to provide it. The two are not one and the same Dog - never have been, never will be.

With regards to your comments regarding Catholic Charities, that is perhaps true today, but that result comes about because the central government deprives the people of ever more of the fruits of their own labor and in so doing dries up the aquifer of what is available to be drawn from charitable wells. It is part and parcel of the "progressive" desire to govern to the greatest possible extent rather than allow people to govern themselves to the greatest possible extent, which is richly represented in your attempt to substitute the responsibilities of the society to care for all in it with that responsibility being the State's instead of the society's. Here again, the two are not one and the same irrespective of your attempt to portray them as such.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds