Waco

23 May 2015 09:29 #21 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Waco
According to this article, all the fatalities appear to be at the hands of the bikers, themselves and not the police:

www.washingtonpost.com/national/richie-d...83234d281_story.html

And, LE is saying the violence is likely to continue. They also pretty much label these gangs as organized crime syndicates.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2015 10:26 #22 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Waco
American Biker gangs have been pretty quiet for a couple of decades. Was this just a one-off?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 May 2015 13:40 #23 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Waco

FredHayek wrote: American Biker gangs have been pretty quiet for a couple of decades. Was this just a one-off?

That's what it seems like to me. If you try to find instances of biker gang violence, there seems to be little on the net other than this recent incident. If biker violence does start to catch on again, I blame Sons of Anarchy for making it look cool again.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 May 2015 14:01 #24 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Waco

Rick wrote:

FredHayek wrote: American Biker gangs have been pretty quiet for a couple of decades. Was this just a one-off?

That's what it seems like to me. If you try to find instances of biker gang violence, there seems to be little on the net other than this recent incident. If biker violence does start to catch on again, I blame Sons of Anarchy for making it look cool again.

I was wondering about a SOA influence too. Life following fiction.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds