Do black lives really matter in Baltimore?

29 May 2015 08:37 #1 by Rick
Or do they only matter when killed by police? I've read that 38 people have been murdered in Baltimore this month alone... I'm assuming most if not all are black. I think it's pretty sad that so much news coverage was focused on Freddie Gray, yet now that the city is becoming a war zone for criminals, why so little coverage? Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the criminals in Baltimore are now feeling a sense of victory over law enforcement as few cops seem willing to risk their lives or their freedom (from jail). Like in Iraq, the rules of engagement have changed. If you were a Baltimore cop, would you aggressively pursue a black person you believe committed a crime? Weighing the possible consequences, is a police officer's salary worth the risk? If I was a cop there, I would be looking for a job in a different city.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 May 2015 13:11 #2 by Blazer Bob
"The president of the Baltimore police union on Thursday said that criminals have become "empowered" following the recent unrest and that, with six officers charged in Freddie Gray's death, city police are more "afraid" of being arrested than shot on duty."...

www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime...-20150528-story.html

Democrats are being hoisted by their own petard. "Escape from NY" isn't quite the SF as it used to be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds