President Biden Bans Tik Tok

24 Apr 2024 09:56 #1 by FredHayek
Good idea or bad? It is a Chinese company that does the bidding of the Chinese government and uses algorithms that support the propaganda that Beijing wants you to see.

On the other hand, do we want to establish the precedent that the US government can shut down social media on a whim.

BTW, it is likely the company will be sold to a domestic corporation to escape the ban.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2024 07:46 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic President Biden Bans Tik Tok
What is more dangerous for the American people, the US government having all of our personal information or the Chinese having that information? Who has the power to hurt us and to take away our rights?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Apr 2024 07:54 #3 by koobookie
Interesting that you title this thread "President Biden Bans Tick Tok" rather than "Congress passes bill to ban Tik Tok," which is actually only a part of the bill.

25 Apr 2024 08:49 - 25 Apr 2024 08:49 #4 by FredHayek
If President Biden hadn't signed the bill, Tik Tok wouldn't be banned.
Do you think he was against the ban but signed the bill anyway so Hunter's art would still be bought for outrageous prices by corrupt Euros?

Just trying to provide for his child and his illegitimate grandchild?

25 Apr 2024 08:55 #5 by koobookie
What I am saying, and I'm sure you know this, is that President Biden isn't the only one who is responsible for the passage of the bill. Congress initiated and passed the bill. Biden signed it.

Your thread title spins the passage as solely Biden's responsibility. It also fails to mention that there were other issues, such as military assistance to countries, in the bill along with the Tik Tok section.

Your thread title is misleading, but then, that's what I expect from conservatives.

25 Apr 2024 09:15 #6 by Blazer Bob

koobookie wrote: What I am saying, and I'm sure you know this, is that President Biden isn't the only one who is responsible for the passage of the bill. Congress initiated and passed the bill. Biden signed it.

Your thread title spins the passage as solely Biden's responsibility. It also fails to mention that there were other issues, such as military assistance to countries, in the bill along with the Tik Tok section.

Your thread title is misleading, but then, that's what I expect from conservatives.

You are the paragon of impartiality. LOL

25 Apr 2024 09:28 #7 by koobookie
Did I post something that is incorrect?

25 Apr 2024 11:17 - 25 Apr 2024 11:19 #8 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Did I post something that is incorrect?

You are. The bill would not have passed without Joe's signature. The bill would not have passed without the vote of senators and representatives. Checks and balances.

My title is correct.

If you want to post a title that blames it on the House or Senate, you are welcome to.

25 Apr 2024 12:29 #9 by koobookie
I did not post anything that was incorrect. I acknowledged that it takes the President and Congress to pass a bill.

Your thread title is misleading. It insinuates that it is Biden that is eliminating TikTok, when it is actually the legislative and executive branch together.

25 Apr 2024 19:04 #10 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: I did not post anything that was incorrect. I acknowledged that it takes the President and Congress to pass a bill.

Your thread title is misleading. It insinuates that it is Biden that is eliminating TikTok, when it is actually the legislative and executive branch together.

And it still isn't banned. Tik Tok is asking the courts to invalidate the ban. I was to read some more before I decide if this is legal.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds