Layla needs knee surgery & could use help

24 Apr 2015 13:33 #1 by HighHome
Layla is a sweet little girl only 1 1/2 years old.
She was born with plaxtion luxation and needs surgery right away.
Her mom has several special needs fur babies (and some humans too), is a wonderful volunteer for IMHS, and could use some help with this surgery. Donations may be made directly to her vet

ahvc.weebly.com/ (Scroll to the bottom of the page)

www.facebook.com/AfterHoursVetCare

(Trying to post a photo of her, but I seem to have the wrong foremat)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2015 15:23 #2 by ScienceChic
HighHome, do you know how much the surgery will cost total?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Apr 2015 15:33 #3 by HighHome
sorry, it took a while for me to get back to you. The vet (see link above) told Layla's mom he could do the surgery for $700/ per knee -$1,400 total. This is far less than she was quoted "up the hill"!

27 Apr 2015 16:13 #4 by HEARTLESS

HighHome wrote: sorry, it took a while for me to get back to you. The vet (see link above) told Layla's mom he could do the surgery for $700/ per knee -$1,400 total. This is far less than she was quoted "up the hill"!

I wonder if the veterinary surgeon, anesthesiologist, etc. would charge more to travel "up the hill" for the surgery? :whistle:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

28 Apr 2015 09:45 #5 by ScienceChic
Thanks HighHome! I'll put in $100.

I hope the surgery goes well and she recovers quickly!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 May 2015 08:49 #6 by IMHS
Update: Layla's 1st surgery is scheduled for May 26th - they are doing one at a time.

A huge thank you to all who have helped!!!

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds