New 285 Family Hiking Group Has Formed! Weekly Flying J Hikes Scheduled

26 Jan 2015 18:10 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
If you are interested in joining others on hikes, join this new 285 Family Hiking group on Facebook or go on a hike and join in person!

Join us weekly or occasionally. Families of the 285 Corridor and beyond: Conifer, Pine, Bailey, & Evergreen - gathering to give our kids a fun healthy outdoor activity through this Community Connection/Parent Engagement Group (a Mountain Resource Center Group). Moms and Dads, with kids of all ages are welcome! WEEKLY HIKE: Every Monday mid-morning along the 285 Corridor, with additional other days throughout the month. Dates/Times/Locations posted here and emailed to those providing email.

HUMP DAY HIKE! Every WEDNESDAY @ Flying J - 9:30am

Join us this week, or any week, for "Hump Day Hikes" at Flying J Open Space Park! Reminder, for the remainder of the school year the 285 Family Hiking Group members can meet every Wednesday at Flying J Ranch in Conifer at 9:30am. This park is located just 2 minutes of 285, making for easy access from dropping off the kids in the morning, or running errand before/after the hikes.

We will still have occasional weekend hikes posted too, so watch for those! :)

Remember, you're welcome to invite other parents/kids - the more the merrier!

Tuesdays at Flying J at 12:30pm

Note the new day and later start time, a few of you voices an interest in this time. I am hoping this helps with time to warm up a bit on these chilly winter days. :) Also, will help with convenience for those picking up Kindergarteners (little ones can join us) and enough hike time for those picking up middle or elementary kids after the hike.

ALSO - I'll have a few extra Snowtracks/Yaktraks, if you need them for slippery snow hiking trails.

Achieve even more than you imagined for your 2015 goals, by hiking with your group every week! Physical goals, mental goals, spiritual goals...hiking helps achieve all of this and more...

Will you join us for "Hump Day Hikes" at Flying J? For the remainder of the school year the 285 Family Hiking Group will meet every Wednesday at Flying J Ranch in Conifer. This park is located just 2 minutes off 285.

We will still have occasional weekend hikes posted too, so watch for those! :) This will be an opportunity for some beautiful winter hikes.

MEET: North parking lot. I am in a white mini-van

FACILITIES: There are bathrooms and picnic tables near the parking area.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds