YES!!! Deadpool Is Finally Getting His Bloody Due: A Movie in February 2016

09 Feb 2016 08:30 #11 by FredHayek
Deadpool is getting the love from Rotten Tomatoes. 83%. Plan to see it Friday night. :goldtrophy: :twisted:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Feb 2016 13:25 #12 by ScienceChic

Review embargo has been lifted, not too many spoilers below, but like the movie, it's raw and uncensored. Click at your own risk. :coolwink:
Capone loves the bloody, vulgar, slice-and-dice fun of DEADPOOL!!!
Published at: Feb. 8, 2016, 3:49 p.m. CST by Capone

Not since the first IRON MAN movie or Sam Raimi’s first two SPIDER-MAN films can I think of a superhero work that that so completely captured my sense of what a character was in the comic books. Taking Rob Liefeld and Fabian Nicieza’s creation (adapted by Rhett Reese and paul Wernick), DEADPOOL is sassy, excessively bloody, twisted, very funny, and strangely moving on a couple of occasions. Some of my favorite moments don’t involve action at all.

Wade is a man on a desperate mission, fueled by rage and vengeance, but he never forgets to tinge everything with flecks of nasty humor, and it’s what makes the movie work. Director Miller has taken his background in video game effects and turned it into something visually thrilling, while remembering to include a fairly progressive character study of a man who has clearly mentally snapped. Deadpool is one of Marvel’s most popular fringe characters, and this film makes it clear where the charm lies.

Caution: really graphic descriptions and language in this one, do not click if easily offended:
Harry stared too intensely at Ryan Reynold's promised land in DEADPOOL!
Published at: Feb. 7, 2016, 2:02 a.m. CST by headgeek

Now, before going to see the film, ol Father Geek had something he wanted me to clarify for him. He’d seen the trailers and ads and posters – and he asked, “Is it supposed to be funny?”

DEADPOOL – as shown in this film is irresistibly funny. In fact, if you’re not crying laughing before you even get through the opening credits – you could be an asshole. It’s also FILLED with easter eggs in every single shot that makes you wonder how there could be a film that could follow this audacious satiric credits – which doesn’t actually give us the credits. Giggle.

You’re going to end up watching the hell out of this movie. Throughout the film there’s hilarity in the production design, the casting, the soundtrack… seriously, they didn’t pull their punches – and if this movie can somehow make serious money – this could change everything for the properties over at Fox. And possibly even at Marvel.

And after all the credits there’s a scene too.

Nordling Reviews DEADPOOL!
Published at: Feb. 6, 2016, 11 p.m. CST by Nordling

It's a fairly simple plot - guy meets girl, guy gets cancer, guy gets superpowers to fight cancer but suddenly finds himself in a consipracy for bad guys to take over the world, guy gets revenge, guy makes jokes. But the best aspect of DEADPOOL are the stakes. It's a movie that is very self-aware of what it's doing, not unlike Deadpool himself - this is a movie for people who want to have fun. Even the opening credits are wonderfully direct and enjoyable.

And the jokes do not stop. This is one I'll have to see again simply because audience laughter drowned out a lot of them.

DEADPOOL genuinely tries to be different, and not just vulgar for vulgarity's sake. It's a lot smarter than it lets on in the marketing, clever as it has been. DEADPOOL has one goal in mind - it wants you to laugh, to be entertained, and to leave the theater smiling from ear to ear. DEADPOOL is wildly entertaining and worth seeing twice. Just don't bring the kids.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Feb 2016 14:25 #13 by FredHayek
Liked it so much I saw it twice. Brilliant use of the 4 th wall and so many quips that have you laughing. And while violent and gory, the wife enjoyed it too. But not for kids! And a couple cute post credit snippets for those who like to stay.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

14 Feb 2016 14:35 #14 by ScienceChic
Dang it! I've been too sick to make it this weekend at all (originally planned to go Friday afternoon but that fell through with other things that came up). I can't wait to see this, all my friends have loved it! Glad you liked it FH, I'm jealous you've seen it twice. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Feb 2016 18:50 #15 by FredHayek
:heart: Sequel has already been green lit. And looks like it will break the record for President Day`s movies.

14 Feb 2016 19:28 #16 by ScienceChic

Attachments:

29 Feb 2016 07:35 #17 by FredHayek
My sister took her teenage and pre-teenage daughter to Deadpool. Didn't go over well! But she had fair warning, it was an R-rated movie that really wasn't meant for kids.

29 Feb 2016 09:28 #18 by ScienceChic
:ohmy: I have a friend who took her 16yo daughter and said that had she been a year younger, she wouldn't have been mature enough to see it. I'm pretty sure my boy won't be ready even at 16, though he's begging to see it now because the trailers look so cool.

I'm betting he'll find it on YouTube somewhere and watch it long before I want him to. Grrr.

01 Mar 2016 17:12 #19 by FredHayek
TJ Mullin, Colorado actor IIRC, and Deadpool bartender says an X-rated version of this movie will be released later featuring an insult battle between Mullin and Ryan Reynolds and other parts the MPAA wanted cut for an R-rating.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

31 Mar 2016 09:29 #20 by FredHayek
:announcemen :( They are going Full Lucas, you never go Full Lucas. Since the film made so much money, they are going to add post production effects to the DVD's, for example having other X-Men characters wandering around, possibly including Patrick Stewart.

I will probably still buy the NC-17 DVD despite them cluttering up a perfectly fine movie.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds