Captain America Officially Titled ‘Civil War’; RDJ Confirmed!

29 Oct 2014 19:47 - 29 Oct 2014 20:04 #1 by ScienceChic
This is going to be so EPIC!

‘Captain America 3′ Officially Titled ‘Civil War’; Robert Downey Jr. Confirmed
by Ben Kendrick
October 28th, 2014

...it was recently revealed that Robert Downey Jr. was in talks to join the next Captain America film – bringing Iron Man (and Tony Stark) into a post-Avengers: Age of Ultron solo movie for a possible Civil War storyline . Still, at the time, the notion that we’d see Civil War was only industry hearsay - with Marvel remaining tight-lipped on the subject.

However, two weeks after Warner Bros. laid out their entire DC film slate through 2020 (including announcements of a Suicide Squad film and Green Lantern reboot, among other surprises), Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige hosted a closed-door event announcing their own shared universe schedule. In addition to revealing release dates and logos for Black Panther, The Inhumans, and Captain Marvel, as well as plans for their next Avengers team-up, subtitled Infinity War, the studio finally confirmed that Captain America 3 is titled Civil War.

A little about Civil War:

With the proposal of the Superhuman Registration Act, the superhero community of the Marvel universe is split in two: those believing that superpowered individuals should be registered and trained and standing with Tony Stark, and those standing in opposition with Captain America.

The core series written by Mark Millar dealt with the rivalry, covert war, and eventual confrontation between Stark and his allies – those fighting for national security – and those of Rogers – who believed that civil liberties were more important.

Just how long it takes for the world’s heroes to get back on their feet – and those who read the comics know which of the two men ends up victorious – isn’t clear, but with Earth’s mightiest heroes at war, even an uneasy truce will present a much more vulnerable target for Thanos to attack, either in The Avengers 4 or beyond.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 May 2015 23:12 #2 by ScienceChic
They showed a trailer for Ant Man before Avengers: Age of Ultron and the special effects looked wicked cool. Hoping the story is as good as the other MCU movies! He'll continue in CA: Civil War.

Captain America: Civil War
Release date: May 6, 2016
Starring: Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie, Robert Downey Jr., Martin Freeman, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Bettany, Scarlett Johansson, Paul Rudd, Daniel Brühl, Sebastian Stan, Frank Grillo, Emily VanCamp, Elizabeth Olsen, Chadwick Boseman

"Captain America: Civil War" picks up where "Avengers: Age of Ultron" left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Nov 2015 21:55 - 28 Nov 2015 21:55 #3 by ScienceChic
So, it's Hawkeye, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, and Bucky against Iron Man and Black Widow. The trailer doesn't disappoint!

09 Feb 2016 13:45 #4 by ScienceChic
The Superbowl was a great day for new footage! :) I'm both anticipating and dreading this movie because it's the beginning of the rift, and loss of beloved characters. I hate that.

14 Feb 2016 14:29 #5 by FredHayek
Agree. I don't want to see families fighting so I may not see this one nor Batman v. Spiderman.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Feb 2016 14:42 #6 by ScienceChic
Batman vs Superman will be okay because it's the beginning of the formation of the Justice League . :yess: :loveflag:

14 Feb 2016 15:30 #7 by RJ
Batman vs. Superman feels like one of those "Hey, this might make a ton of money, so let's make this movie," kind of movies. It might be alright, though, I guess.

15 Feb 2016 21:26 #8 by ScienceChic
It could be that, but I have hope that it will be more than just moving through the scenes to make money! Time will tell. :) Are you going to see it in the theatre RJ?

16 Feb 2016 07:16 #9 by RJ
I probably will actually. Although, there are a ton of movies out right now that I want to go see but still haven't. Star Wars, The Revenant, Deadpool... I have some catching up to do if I can ever find the time.

16 Feb 2016 09:52 #10 by ScienceChic
Definitely go see Star Wars! Totally worth it on the big screen, great movie. If you're the sentimental type at all, take tissues. :)
:luke:

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds