American Sniper Makes 90 Million In First Weekend!

19 Jan 2015 07:08 #1 by FredHayek
Wow, best opening for a January movie yet. Possibly helped by its Academy Award nomination, the film about Chris Kyle, Army vet who was killed tragically after returning home from his service.

And to add to the controversy, documentarian Michael Moore claims this weekend that snipers are cowards who shoot people in the back.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2015 06:37 #2 by HEARTLESS
My wife and I saw it on Saturday. Truly a great film. Not to spoil it for those that haven't seen it, but the unbelievably tough decisions that have to be made to save fellow Americans and allied forces is well portrayed.
Michael Moore is an embarrassment to Canada and America and wouldn't be worth a single cent if taken prisoner. To Michael FOAD (its another military abbreviation for F Off And Die).

The silent majority will be silent no more.

20 Jan 2015 07:17 #3 by FredHayek
:sledding: Hopefully Michael Moore & Seth Rogen's anti-sniper comments help to sell even more tickets.
Clint Eastwood's best opening, over 105 million in the first weekend.

25 Jan 2015 08:39 #4 by FredHayek
Very well done giving a pretty balanced view of what Iraqi combat was like. Clint Eastwood and Bradley Cooper were awesome. Interesting end to the film, just fades out and the audience quietly leaves the movie Theater. Packed show.

25 Jan 2015 11:53 #5 by homeagain
I'm ambivalent about the movie...PART of me wants to see the "reality" of existing at 150MPR
and then " in country" to 5 MPR and the toll that takes on family/individual....What is the MOST intriguing is the DIALOGUE that has been/is generated about the Iraq war,the choices this country made in THAT
fubar.

I have watched the reviews from "vets"/organizations for vets and it is well received and supported.

Probably will watch it on Pay for View in the future...(because THEN I can control the screen)

25 Jan 2015 14:06 #6 by FredHayek
The movie isn't shy about showing how war damages the soldiers both mentally and physically.

25 Jan 2015 14:44 #7 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: The movie isn't shy about showing how war damages the soldiers both mentally and physically.

The SAD reality is, it shouldn't have taken this LONG for a dialogue on the dire consequences...

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds