Position: Children's Program Aide
Department: Recreation - Playschool
Reports to: Children’s Program Director - Playschool
Oversees: Supervision of Children
Location: Buchanan Park and/or Wulf Recreation Centers
Status: Part-Time (2-3 days per week; 8:30 AM - 1 PM)
Hourly Wage: $9.30 - $12.50
Under the direction of the Children's Program Director - Playschool, the Children's Program Aide is responsible for teaching and supervising children in the Playschool program offered by the District.
• Assist in supervising program activities and aid in the instruction of specialized activities such
as arts and crafts.
• Monitor participants by taking name count, number count, and assigning buddies as needed.
• Assist is supervising participants at all times.
• Report accidents and injuries that occur in camp. Provide first aid as needed.
• Assist in setting up and cleaning up activity area as needed.
• Report absenteeism and arrange for substitution.
• Attend orientation, scheduled staff meetings, and trainings.
• Report any problem situations to the supervisor.
• Dress appropriately for daily activities.
• Must possess a highly defined focus towards both internal and external guest service.
• Assist in communicating positively with parents, participants, and staff.
• Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
• Interact individually or in groups with the children in order to help them engage in
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supervision of children.
• Assist in teaching activities.
• Assist in communication with the parents.
• Participate in trainings and meetings.
• Assist in cleaning areas and equipment.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Customer service skills.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be highly motivated, organized and creative.
• Thorough knowledge of modern principles, methods, practices and equipment relating to the
functional areas of responsibility.
• Knowledge of needs and age appropriate activities for participants.
• Knowledge of instruction methods with participants.
• Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the District.
• Ability to work in a "structured chaos" environment.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Ability to be flexible, multi-task, cooperative and focused.
• Ability to demonstrate activities.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, civic
organizations, community agencies, parents and the general public.
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• Children’s Program Aides who are under 18 years of age must work directly under the
supervision of the program director or program leaders.
• Must demonstrate ability to work with children.
• Current CPR and First Aid Certifications; or will need to be certified.
Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
Please click on position title for more information.
Bus (Shuttle) Driver
Cheer Camp Coach
Children's Program Aide - Playschool
Children’s Program Leader - Early Childhood
Children’s Program Leader - Playschool
Children’s Program Leader - School Aged
General Recreation Instructor - Pickleball
General Recreation Instructor 2 - Climbing Camps
Specialized Instructor - Trail Running