Position: Children’s Program Leader - School Aged
Reports to: Children’s Program Director/Special Populations Coordinator
Oversees: Supervision of participants
Location: Various Locations throughout the District
Status: Part-Time (20 – 29 Hours per Week)
Under the direction of the Children's Program Director/Special Populations Coordinator, the Children’s Program Leader is responsible for teaching and supervising participants in the child care programs offered by the District including Special Populations and Playschool.
• Develops strong relationships with patron families through effective communication and daily
• Plans and implements the program.
• Supervises and facilitates daily activities and aid in the instruction of specialized activities such
as swimming, tennis, archery, sailing, canoeing, and arts & crafts.
• Assists bus driver by supervising participants in transporting participants on field trips.
• Monitors participants by taking name count, and number count on a regular basis, and
assigning buddies on all field trips including swimming.
• Supervises participants at all times.
• Report accidents and injuries that occur in programs. Provide first aid as needed.
• Set up and clean up activity area and vans as needed.
• Report absenteeism to supervisor, and arrange for substitutions.
• Attend orientation, scheduled staff meetings, and trainings.
• Communicates daily with parents in a positive manner regarding participant’s activities.
• Interact individually or in groups with the participants in order to help them engage in
• Report any problem situations to the supervisor.
• Dress appropriately for activities.
• Must possess a highly defined focus towards both internal and external guest service.
• Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
• Assist in keeping accurate records of information regarding the parents and the participants.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supervision of children.
• Assists with cleaning areas and equipment.
• Participate in trainings and staff meetings.
• Lead participants in activities.
• Assist with planning activities.
• Assist with communication with parents.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Basic math/accounting skills.
• Basic Macintosh terminal and MS Office Suite skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be highly motivated, organized, and creative.
• Thorough knowledge of modern principles, methods, practices and equipment relating to the
functional areas of responsibility.
• Knowledge of instruction methods with participants.
• Knowledge of needs and age appropriate activities for participants.
• Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the District and state licensing.
• Ability to work in a "structured chaos" environment.
• Ability to demonstrate and lead activities.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, civic
organizations, community agencies, parents and the general public.
• Ability to multi-task, be flexible, cooperative, and focused.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Demonstrated responsiveness and sensitivity to the needs of children, and parents.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be School Aged Program Leader qualified.
• Must demonstrate ability to work with children, dependability and a promotion of professional
development and teamwork; must also be committed to the success of the children and their
• Current CPR, First Aid Certifications, and Universal Precautions.
• Must have at least 480 hours of experience working with “like” participants.
• May be required to get medical administration.
• Medical records which verify employee is free from emotional, mental, or physical illness and
free from evidence of personal conduct detrimental to the health, safety or well-being of
children and youth, self or District.
• Complete state licensing requirements and annual training.
• For positions that require driving District vehicles, must possess current driver’s license with
an acceptable driving record.
Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
Please click on position title for more information.
Bus (Shuttle) Driver
Cheer Camp Coach
Children's Program Aide - Playschool
Children’s Program Leader - Early Childhood
Children’s Program Leader - Playschool
Children’s Program Leader - School Aged
General Recreation Instructor - Pickleball
General Recreation Instructor 2 - Climbing Camps
Specialized Instructor - Trail Running