Position: General Recreation Instructor - Pickleball
Reports to: Recreation Supervisor - Athletics
Oversees: Participants in Recreation Programs
Location: Wulf Recreation Center
Schedule: Part Time (4 - 8 hours/week)
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor - Athletics, this position is responsible for teaching skills pertaining to Pickleball, and supervises participants safely in a public recreational facility.
• Instructs Pickleball lessons and directs events and activities
• Must possess a highly defined focus towards both internal and external guest service
• Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment or skill
• Explains and demonstrate principles, techniques, and methods of regulating movement of
body, hands, and feet to achieve proficiency
• Observes during practice to detect and correct mistakes
• Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations
• May manage classes of children by keeping attention
• Find substitutes for classes when not available
• Communicates with participants, parents, coordinator(s) and supervisor as necessary
• Attends all required meetings and trainings
• Sets up, cleans up, and moves equipment for proper class or party
• Checks equipment and space for proper safety
• Report accidents and injuries that occur during class
• Administer first-aid as necessary
• Oversees participants in class
• Set up and clean up for daily circuits or classes
• Record attendance and/or progression of participants in classes
• Moderate verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of fundamentals and instructional methods of course being taught.
• Knowledge of Pickleball skills and ability to instruct youth and adults.
• Ability to instruct participants properly and safely to reach goal
• Ability to perform work in an indoor environment with frequent interruptions and distractions
• Ability to set up, direct, instruct, and participate in Pickleball
• USAPA Instructor Level 1 preferred
• CPR/AED, and First-Aid Certification, or have the ability to obtain within six-months (6) of
Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
Please click on position title for more information.
Bus (Shuttle) Driver
Cheer Camp Coach
General Recreation Instructor - Pickleball
Gymnastics Coordinator 1 or 2 - Team
Maintenance Technician - Intermediate
Specialized Recreation Instructor - SilverSneakers
Volunteer Pickleball Court Monitor
For further information on our current positions or to send a resume and/or application, please contact Heather Facer, Human Resources Manager, at HR@eprd.co, or fax to 720-880-1080.