Position: General Recreation Instructor 2 - Climbing Camps
Reports to: Recreation Supervisor - Programs
Oversees: Participants in Rock Climbing Camps
Location: Buchanan Park Recreation Center/Wulf Recreation Center
Schedule: Part Time (9 AM - 5 PM, Tuesday - Friday)
Compensation: $13 - $15 hourly
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisors/Coordinators, this position is responsible for teaching skills pertaining to specified recreation area, and supervise participants safely in a public recreational facility.
• Must possess a highly defined focus towards both internal and external guest service
• Leads summer rock climbing camps
• Sets up, belay and supervise on designated rock climbing sites.
• Supervises 8-12 participants.
• Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment or skill
• Explains and demonstrate principles, techniques, and methods of regulating movement of
body, hands, and feet to achieve proficiency
• Observes during practice to detect and correct mistakes
• Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations
• May manage classes of children by keeping attention
• Find substitutes for classes when not available
• Communicates with participants, parents, coordinator(s) and supervisor as necessary
• Attends all required meetings and trainings
• Sets up, cleans up, and moves equipment for proper class or party
• Checks equipment and space for proper safety
• Report accidents and injuries that occur during class
• Administer first-aid as necessary
• Oversees participants in class.
• Set up and clean up for daily circuits or classes
• Record attendance and/or progression of participants in classes
• Moderate verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of fundamentals and instructional methods of course being taught.
• Ability to instruct participants properly and safely to reach goal
• Ability to perform work in an indoor environment with frequent interruptions and distractions
• AMGA Single Pitch Instructor (SPI) Certification and CPR
• Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
• 1-2 years managing top rope outdoor climbing sites.
Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
Please click on position title for more information.
Bus (Shuttle) Driver
Cheer Camp Coach
Children's Program Aide - Playschool
Children’s Program Leader - Early Childhood
Children’s Program Leader - Playschool
Children’s Program Leader - School Aged
General Recreation Instructor - Pickleball
General Recreation Instructor 2 - Climbing Camps
Specialized Instructor - Trail Running