Position: Head Lifeguard
Department: Recreation - Aquatics
Reports to: Recreation Supervisor - Aquatics/Aquatics Coordinator
Oversees: Aquatic Areas
Location: Buchanan Park and Wulf Recreation Centers ("The Centers")
Status: Part-Time (Hours & Schedule Varies, Shifts Available up to 29 Hours per Week)
Hourly Wage: $11.75 - $12.50 hourly
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor - Aquatics/Aquatics Coordinator, EPRD Head Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring all patrons, including employees, are safe at all times by ensuring all applicable rules and regulations are adhered to at all times. Also under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor-Aquatics, this position oversees all lifeguard staff ensuring safety standards and appropriate modes of conducts are observed at all times within the functional area(s) of responsibility.
• Ensure EPRD aquatic rules and regulations are adhered to at all times by both patrons as well
• Proactively monitor functional areas of responsibility in order to ensure injuries and
emergencies are responded to in a timely and efficient manner.
• Administer First Aid/CPR/AED in cases of emergency.
• Adheres to aquatic as well as EPRD rules and regulations as related to the functional areas of
• Inspects aquatic area(s) in order to ensure appropriate levels of cleanliness are observed.
• Maintain and review a variety of aquatic records, reports, and statistics.
• Must possess a highly defined focus toward both internal and external guest service.
• Find approved substitutes when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supervise and coordinate all aquatic lifeguard staff.
• Attend, and actively participate in, all assigned staff meetings as applicable.
• Perform all required duties in a timely manner.
• Maintain an orderly environment with aquatic area(s).
• Assist in the maintenance of pool maintenance and cleaning as applicable.
• Demonstrate swimming and rescue skill as applicable.
• Assist in the movement of pool equipment as applicable.
• Assist with the maintaining of proper levels of pool water chemistry relating to the functional
areas of responsibilities.
• Assist management personnel in the supervision of aquatic classes.
• Practice, at all times, skills acquired from the American Red Cross Lifeguard training or other
applicable training course.
• Must possess strong organizational skill.
• Must possess a basic understand of leadership methodology.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge of modern principles, methods, practices and equipment relating to the
functional areas of responsibility, including, but not limited to, power washers and pool vacuum
• Must possess basic knowledge mechanical and chemical pool equipment as related to the
functional areas of responsibility.
• Ability to perform basic functions of emergency rescue as deemed from the American Red
Cross Lifeguard training program or other applicable training program.
• Must possess and maintain current certification for Lifeguard training, Standard First Aid,
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Bloodborne Pathogens.
• Must possess one year experience as a certified lifeguard
• Must possess one year WSI experience
Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
Please click on position title for more information.
Bus (Shuttle) Driver
Cheer Camp Coach
General Recreation Instructor - Pickleball
Gymnastics Coordinator 1 or 2 - Team
Maintenance Technician - Intermediate
Specialized Recreation Instructor - SilverSneakers
Volunteer Pickleball Court Monitor
For further information on our current positions or to send a resume and/or application, please contact Heather Facer, Human Resources Manager, at HR@eprd.co, or fax to 720-880-1080.