Department: Recreation - Aquatics
Reports to: Recreation Supervisor - Aquatics/Aquatics Coordinator
Location: Buchanan Park and Wulf Recreation Centers
Status: Part-Time (Hours & Schedule Varies, Shifts Available up to 29 Hours per Week)
Hourly Wage: $10.00 - $11.75 hourly
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor - Aquatics/Aquatics Coordinator, EPRD Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring all patrons, including employees, are safe at all times by ensuring all applicable rules and regulations are adhered to at all times. This position also requires CPR and other life saving strategies to be implemented in times of emergency and/or accident as related to the functional area(s) of responsibility.
• Ensure EPRD aquatic rules and regulations are adhered to at all times by both patrons as well
• Proactively monitor functional areas of responsibility in order to ensure injuries and
emergencies are responded to in a timely and efficient manner.
• Administer First Aid/CPR/AED in cases of emergency.
• Adheres to aquatic as well as EPRD rules and regulations as related to the functional areas of
• Must possess a highly defined focus toward both internal and external guest service.
• Assists with finding substitutes when unable to work any assigned shifts.
• Not applicable.
• Perform all required duties in a timely manner.
• Assist in pool maintenance and cleaning.
• Perform swimming and rescue as needed.
• Assist in the movement of pool equipment.
• Assist with maintaining proper levels of pool water chemistry.
• Assist management personnel in the supervision of aquatic classes.
• Practice, at all times, skills acquired from the American Red Cross Lifeguard training or other
applicable training course.
• Thorough knowledge of modern principles, methods, practices and equipment associated with
• Ability to perform basic functions of emergency rescue as outlined by the American Red Cross
Lifeguard training or other applicable training program.
• Must possess current certification for Lifeguard training including Standard First Aid, CPR/AED
for the Professional Rescuer and Bloodborne Pathogens.
• Must successfully complete EPRD’s Lifeguard Training Program.
Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
Please click on position title for more information.
Bus (Shuttle) Driver
Cheer Camp Coach
General Recreation Instructor - Pickleball
Gymnastics Coordinator 1 or 2 - Team
Maintenance Technician - Intermediate
Specialized Recreation Instructor - SilverSneakers
Volunteer Pickleball Court Monitor
For further information on our current positions or to send a resume and/or application, please contact Heather Facer, Human Resources Manager, at HR@eprd.co, or fax to 720-880-1080.