Reports to: Recreation Supervisor - Athletics
Oversees: Sports varying by season
Location: Wulf Recreation Center
Status: Seasonal Part-Time (varies by season, weekdays/evenings)
Rate of Pay: $18.00 - $20.78 hourly
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor - Athletics, this position is responsible for scorekeeping and/or officiating at District youth athletic events for the specified sport.
• Officiates games
• Enforce rules of the game
• Time keeper, score book as needed
• Communicate and explain the rules to players
• Intervene when rules are violated
• Make final determinations when decisions are questioned
• Inspect venues for safety and report anomalies to the Recreation Supervisor - Athletics
• Must possess a highly defined focus towards both internal and external guest service.
• Assist with coaches' meetings, tournaments, etc as assigned
• Supervise scorekeeper on duty when acting as lead official
• Set up and clean up equipment
• Keep activity scores of games
• Officiate/ref games accordingly
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be highly motivated, organized and creative
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Technical knowledge of scoring (including an understanding of the use of scoreboards and
scorebooks), and timekeeping for the specified sport
• Excellent knowledge of the current rules for the specified sport
• Ability to verbally communicate with people of all ages in stressful situations, including but
not limited to players and coaches
• Basic first aid and CPR certification
• Sport specific referee training, and certification is preferred
• Experience attending referee training clinic(s) is preferred
Print and complete one of our applications and either scan and email to Human Resources Manager, Heather Facer at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Attn: Heather Facer at 1521 Bergen Pkwy, Evergreen, CO 80439.
Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
Please click on position title for more information.
Bus (Shuttle) Driver
Cheer Camp Coach
General Recreation Instructor - Pickleball
Gymnastics Coordinator 1 or 2 - Team
Maintenance Technician - Intermediate
Specialized Recreation Instructor - SilverSneakers
Volunteer Pickleball Court Monitor
For further information on our current positions or to send a resume and/or application, please contact Heather Facer, Human Resources Manager, at HR@eprd.co, or fax to 720-880-1080.