I love social interaction and decided I need to get a job that interacts with strangers on a daily basis. Also my children want to sign up for Soccer and Gymnastics, and both take money.
My husband and I moved up here last year, to help my father in law renovate a house he bought. It has been the most magical year. Everywhere I look, I am overwhelmed by the beauty of these mountains.
Now that we are settled, I want to get out and about more. My husband and father in law are happy being hermits.
- 20 min drive or less from loaf n jug in Bailey
- Public foot traffic
- Part-time to be home with the family
- Prefer a challenge, whether it is with my smarts or my artistic side.
Jobs I have had in my 20 years of jobbing.
- Amusement Park Rides Controller.
- Office Secretary
- Retail, Best Buy & Target
- Intern at TRW researching plastics
- Hospital Registration
- Medical Records
- Birthday/Party Planner
- Exec Assistant: bookkeeping, payroll, data collection/mining, State and Federal forms data entry, Excel forms created for clients, physical data collection in the oil refineries.
- Researching and Learning
- Writing short stories
- Artistic Eye
- Upbeat Personality
- Enjoys Public Interactions
- Hard worker
- Open Heart, though many would say this is not a valuable skill and it leads to being taken advantage of. Luckily I have a bit of wisdom to balance it.
- video games, hey it is a skill. I can read maps better, I have learned the value of timing, solved countless puzzles, and completed games all the way through.
- Raid Leader, again a hidden skill. (A raid leader is in charge of a group of online strangers playing games together.) I can tell who is bull shitting, who is showing off, and who is playing the game for fun. I have learned how to communicate with strangers, and how to quickly remove those preventing the teams success. I can judge the team's overall interest and know when to call breaks. I have created web sites to organize my team of sometimes 25. I have mediated and held councils. Ha! My mini universe.
- I like getting dirty, hands on
- Drywall Installation
I have such a varied range of skills because I love to learn, and I pick up things very fast. For my next job, I want to learn something new.
First Step: Decide to get a job. :)
Second Step: Resume updated and Research local businesses.
Where do I want to work? Who is hiring? To be answered next time on the world's oddest blog.