The building was constructed in 1894 as the Pleasant Park School. There was a time when school was held only in spring and summer months because of the winter's deep snows. The land and building were sold in 1956 to the Pleasant Park Grange which installed an electrical system, although the walls still bear the brackets on which were hung the gas mantle lanterns of an earlier era. The grange itself was organized in 1907. The building underwent extensive rehabilitation from 1994 to 1997, and in 1996 was placed on the Colorado State Register of Historic Properties.